06-Mar-2006 Behind the Scenes - March

shendriks

This 100th quest looks like the most promising quest jagex has ever made! I'm really excited and if it's really good, I might become member again!

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This 100th quest looks like the most promising quest jagex has ever made! I'm really excited and if it's really good, I might become member again!
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, people also said that about ME2. (decent reward, not worth the time to beat all the other quests)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I fear the day when eastern lands are introduced hopefully jagex will try to retain the mid-evil feel the game has. I also dont wanna have to deal with the "omg d00d im leik teh ultimorz samurai pl0x". all in all its very unlikely that thats what the new areas will be i mean id imagine itd be hard to connect cooks assistant to eastern lands.

now that theres an age cap i demand we

do away with censors

Medieval Japan was pretty much the same as medieval Europe, cultural differences aside. In fact, the fuedal system was identical.

Samurai didn't come until the 15th century.

jagex will find a way to put in samurais and im telling you now the first 3 weeks of it are gonna be hell

on the bloodveld issue I think hes a good poster with a good sense of humour some of you people need to lighten up, under the rules it doesnt say "be serious at all times flame all remotly humourious posts"

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Hmm... only one other person brought this subject up:

The second of the Myreque updates is a journey-making minigame. With life becoming unbearable for the majority of the residents, many want to leave and seek out a better life on the other side of the Salve. Adventurers willing to accompany frightened villagers through the perilous Mort Myre swamps will be rewarded, but the challenge is great! Will you take the quick but dangerous path, or do you fancy the longer (but potentially less risky) scenic route? The choice is yours. Various rewards await those brave enough to try.

This could be part of that "randomly generated team quest" thingy that they talked about way back. Everyone said that the clues were all that that thing was, but this actually sounds like it could be pretty cool, too. (Though I do have to admit that it is very overshadowed by the awesomeness of the 100th quest!)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

I bet this one has a very high cooking requirement :P .

probably not, cause it says almost all members wil be able to do this. That probably means u have to do cook's assistant or whatever. Man i am sooooo excited for this month...Gotta do in search of the myreque this weekend.

Well Im thinking we will be seeing the new quest towards the early weeks of the month because Jagex is releasing 2 quests, one is The Myreque, the other the 100th and since there are already 99 quests, we wouldnt want the 100th quest to be the 101st quest now would we. But knowing this Jagex will probably do another stupid week of no updates and release both the quests at the same time.

Stupid weeks of no updates generally mean a very refined and good update, my friend.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

What if the "New Pets" are pet dragons? :shock: That would be so sweet! :P

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

What if the "New Pets" are pet dragons? :shock: That would be so sweet! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

id like a pet dragon. it would be white and gold like the mystic, and i would name it myst

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I looked at the world map, and found a few excellent spots to use a canoe (one with great benefits to barrows users)

1. of course would be from Edge to Lumbridge, and they could make a stop at the barbarian village maybe.

2. The Karamja jungle river, which could lead out of shilo village and make a stop at this little crossways of like three rivers (good for nature crafters)

3. The River through Ardougne which leads to Castle Wars

4.Seers to Fremmy Province via the pond/river north of it.

5. River Elid in the desert (could you perhaps kill crocodiles like this?)

6. (I saved the best for last) The River Salve, you could start at the temple and go down to the Haunted Mine area where you could get to morytania rather quickly, also if they implemented a system of going upstream, players could recharge prayer after barrows runs or something without risking food or health in the Mort Myre Swamp.

This month looks great, and i think that the monster in Fally Park wont be in fally park. Because since it relates to farming Im guessing it will be a random event for farmers (such as the rock golem for miners).

I hope you're right and we get to use the canoe on any river but it sounds like its just the river lum from their post.

As part of our continuing commitment to speed up travel in our ever-growing world, we bring you canoes. Using your woodcutting skill, you will be able to fashion various qualities of floating apparatus to sail (or just float badly) down the River Lum. This will make travel from Edgeville to Lumbridge considerably easier and far more picturesque.

Hope I'm wrong.

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

For those of you getting your hopes up about new pet dragons or birds, sorry to point it out, but theres a typo in the first post with the update. On Runescape it says "new cat types" not "new pet types," so it doesn't look like dragons or birds will be the new addition.

yea i jst figured dat out....so sad

Jaqex musta changed it. It had said pet types when they first posted that.....

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

For those of you getting your hopes up about new pet dragons or birds, sorry to point it out, but theres a typo in the first post with the update. On Runescape it says "new cat types" not "new pet types," do it doesn't look like dragons or birds will be the new addition.

Yes, but I think Jagex intends for those new types of cats to hatch from those eggs people have been collecting.

Cause we all know cats come from eggs. :roll:

I believe they will be "chicken cat" (green), "dragon cat" (red), and "pker cat"(blue).

Chicken cat will run from rats on sight.

And dragon cat will decimate the area surrounding a rat and your wallet if you should happen upon the rat infested dump known as Varrock.

Oh and pker cat will just wander away from rats (cause its a pure :roll: ) and go stand on the hill by the abyss.

There it will shout out "prayer noob" when a protect prayer goes on, tele when being attacked, and randomly moan about the wildy being dead cause it cant get any kills.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

im sorry bloodveld, 90% of the posts i read of your's are spam and or irrelivent. ive never seen you make much of a point. i found your bones 2 peaches thread to be on the lighter side of spam, a good topic indeed yet...in the end utter spam, the idea of that thread was to ask a question, which you already knew the answer, that the armor wouldnt ever be replaced by the spell... a rousing discussion but definately pointless. i liked it and it made me think, perhaps your post work yet. congradulations on that topic. most else that you post i find useless, especially your first post on skulledpker's most recent thread which you started to, more or less flame him for no reason, this was unprovoked...and i think you should calm down and grow up just a little, not much you very well opinionated, i respect that. but its just displaced badly

good day.

*GIGGLES* :lol: *GIGGLES*

wow, i hope the quest will be good, but for some reason i cant really play runescape cause it keeps saying error connecting to server....

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

Oh and pker cat will just wander away from rats (cause its a pure :roll: ) and go stand on the hill by the abyss.

There it will shout out "prayer noob" when a protect prayer goes on, tele when being attacked, and randomly moan about the wildy being dead cause it cant get any kills.

rofl, thanks for this, it really made me laugh :lol:

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

hopefully one or more come out tomarrow morning.

Probally next week mate :wink:

EDIT: i was wrong so yeah sorry sk8ermaster :wink:

mastersigcopy5sxff7.gif

Combat lvl : 121/124

I was getting bored sow I considerd quiting...

i'll wait for a few week then :)

cant wait for the new armours..

Ihope something good sow dragon will go down :twisted:

I always tell the truth even when I lie

rofl, thanks for this, it really made me laugh :lol:

at least abyss runecrafters will beable to hop in canoes to escapse being pked.

now that theres an age cap i demand we

do away with censors

I was wondering if that was their plan, IMO it would be one of the best updates ever :D

im sorry bloodveld, 90% of the posts i read of your's are spam and or irrelivent. ive never seen you make much of a point. i found your bones 2 peaches thread to be on the lighter side of spam, a good topic indeed yet...in the end utter spam
This is coming from you. *Looks at your post count*

I have yet to see one post from you that isn't spam.

Yes, she hates me from before, just like skulled.

bloodveld, first off as i said before, gender confusion must be a pain for you... any way i dont hate you if you actually read my post it states i had some respect for you, i hate how you post. skulled was tryin to clean up and act properly with his last topic, and make some conversation these boards get REALLY dull at night and right around friday-sunday when the udpates blown over. like i said you ripped into him for no real reason i dunno what either of you have against each other, i dont care really...but he was polite, where as you were not. he asked you politely to leave, you flamed.

i dont really care about post count, im not sure why is even their to satisfy some peoples delusions of grandgure(sp?) honeslty bloodveld if you want, ill ask for my post count to be halved or reset as long as it gets you off the fact that you think i spam, i may spam but i post on the topic still most of the time. i cant actually say ive seen you post topic related info recently or ever.