the standards for being "legendary" nowadays?

ixfd64

A long time ago, back in 2001 and 2002, if you had a skill above level 80, literally everyone knew you. If you had a level 99 skill, your name would be mentioned on forums all over.

However, it seems that with the so many thousands of level 99 skills, getting a level 99 skill isn't that noteworthy. :( In these days, if you told someone you had a level 99 skill, chances are that they would say, "Hold on, lemme check highscores."

And even players with 100M+ exp in one skill don't get noticed that often.

So what are the standards for being "legendary"? So far, only one or two people seem to meet this standard.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Mmm. I think people need other 'more experienced' people to look up to. In classic people had respect, now those people are just a source of inspiration for lower leveled people. I think in such a big game legends don't excist anymore, maybe only 'zezima', but he's more an sort of idol for newbs. (read: new players)

signature4s.jpg

I'd agree, there are hardly any legends around these days. I remember the days when people would talk about Bluerose13x, Whitemagem, Tks, Lt_Angel, Omegawytch, Galaxyg, etc etc...

I think nowadays the word Legend has disappeared and has been replaced by idols. Everyone has someone they look up to and respect. They don't necessarily have to have a high level or skill total. Take my sig for example, Runesmithie = newb ( :lol: oh that felt good!), but I look up to him because of the great contributions he has made to both Tip It in the past, and Runescape as a whole. He's a very friendly guy and inspires me.

Each to their own though.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

You've had to have done something very impacting in the game now to warrant this status, as nearly everything has been done. Of course, those people who have done these things (First to a skill - Longest time top of HS etc) can be given the term "legend" IMO.

the top 6 overalls are still legendary,especially zezima (most levels) and lilyuffie88(most exp)

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

the top 6 overalls are still legendary,especially zezima (most levels) and lilyuffie88(most exp)

Zezima still has the most overall xp. 516 mill or something.......

lilyuffie88 (at timeofpost) has 525,049,494 .

zezima (at time of post) has 516,149,823 .

never argue with the sheep

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Zezima still has the most overall xp. 516 mill or something.......

lilyuffie88 (at timeofpost) has 525,049,494 .

zezima (at time of post) has 516,149,823 .

never argue with the sheep

I DID correct my mistake before you posted!!!!!

OoC Overseer

137jq9.gif Eet mor kabbig! 137jq9.gif

I think in rsc, because there were so fewer people, you would actually see the same person twice without purposely meeting up, you could fight the same person more than once (and usually did).

it was easier to be well known and not as many people doing the same things

I think in rsc, because there were so fewer people, you would actually see the same person twice without purposely meeting up, you could fight the same person more than once (and usually did).

it was easier to be well known and not as many people doing the same things

Exactly! Remember how often when Pking in Classic you ran into someone and start to fight, before one of your friends shouted - 'Stop, hes a friend!'

I think the term Legend is rather subjective. It used to mean someone with amazing stats who's put a helluva lotta effort into their game, but these days theres so many high level no-namers that to become a legend you really have to bring something totaly unique to the game. Sadly, 99 stats just arent enough.

-Gid.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Legendary on rs1 was way different. And i miss when i can't think. Oh i need to go find my friend, then go search for them. Although the fight pits are a nice way of seeing the same people all the time. Usually the same people play and i always bump into someone i know from here there and everywhere.

*Yes! Beatles song title in there!*

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

i dont think that you can ever become a "legend" again.

99's are becoming easier to get with the amount of money that people are getting, and soon, everyone will have 99's. the should make the lvls higher. maybe, now, the max lvl u can get to is like 150. that would be tough, and the first people to acheive them would be lengends.

although, i think that xxx neo xxx guy would probly already have 150 in a skill. he is aka, mr. 200 million fletching experience.

Guest AshKaYu

I think if you have 5mil+ in:

Prayer

Herblore

RuneCrafting

Slayer

Then you are legendary.

I think the noteworthy people are the ones who:

a) make a significant imapct (like Bubsa said) in the game

B) have several lvl 99s in their stats (I'd say at least over 4/5 of the stats should be 99)

c) have done something good that not too many others have done before.

(These are my opinions, so if you don't agree with them, then that's too bad)

8)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Being "Legendary" is someone who makes the game fun, someone who will return the items that you have lost when you die, someone that will not curse at you to die in the barrows or wildy, but rather someone that is there and helps you have some laughs. No body in this game is Legendary, there are only idols, and people that can be looked up to, my opnion in this matter is as follows.....Being Legendary is playing the game right and taking all the fun that you are having and share it with everyone else in runescape.....

Stated & Said

~Randy

Combat Level 50 with "Five Skills Capes"

Mining, Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching and Woodcutting

Over 75 Million EXP!!!!

mendark 9 is going to be Legendary in my eyes if he get 19 more pray lvls and 6 more rc lvls...

franzk if he gets first to 126 cb f2p too...

i think there are not many other ways to be Legendary anymore then

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

I think the noteworthy people are the ones who:

a) make a significant imapct (like Bubsa said) in the game

B) have several lvl 99s in their stats (I'd say at least over 4/5 of the stats should be 99)

c) have done something good that not too many others have done before.

(These are my opinions, so if you don't agree with them, then that's too bad)

8)

Quiet true.

But take the "10k-kill-count-guy" for instance. He did something nobody (I think) has ever done before, and helped the community to find out wether kill count has a mayer effect, yet isnt famous.

So I guess you should add: do something good that not too many have done before, and that affects a big part of the community. (now its only the tipiters that know about him, and even then, only barrowers).

The only ppl I know are the old nite, zezima and lilyuffie something.Even though I think everyone with 91+ runecrafting and 90+ herblore and farming should be considered a legend too.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

- Crunch Killa, First to 99 hp (Pure).

- Bluerose13x, First to 99 smithing.

- Lightning, 3rd person to "join" Runescape.

And a few random pkers, such as.. Bs arkan, zorro toy, adx1 ect ect.

siggywi1.gif

Signature made by the one and only, Friz.