Would you kill 500 people to stop aids?

woopidoo2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually around 8500 daily but close enough. And no I wouldn't be willing to kill anyone to stop AIDs. As sick as it sounds AIDs is almost a good thing, it's a form of population control. If AIDs didn't exist, resources would drain faster and we'd be over populated and thrown into a world of chaos. AIDs for the win!

Well, people are willing to kill themselves over it... a few years ago a laboratory paid ten test subjects to infect themselves with various strains of HIV for research into medication. I haven't heard anything about it recently though.

Anyway, the problem with the situation you describe is that we're talking about willingly taking a human life while someone dieing from AIDS could be considered to be dieing of a natural cause. An AIDS death isn't equal to a murder, so to equate the two properly is an ethical nightmare.

Still, there's some poetic beauty in HIV/AIDS in the sense of population control. First of all it doesn't actually make us ill, it just makes us very vulerable to just about every other illness out there, so it's thousands of infections and diseases for the price of one. Then there's the whole spreading through sex part, which is a great way of discouraging our species from reproducing.

If it was 500 Hitlers well yeah. But 500 innocents...man, that's tough.

It's hard to justify any murder, even if 500 people volunteered to be killed (which I think some would). But this could be for the greater good of mankind. Saying that, I don't know how our progress into the AIDS epidemic is going, if there's any chance of containing it etc.

Plus, I wouldn't be able to live with myself after killing 499 people, so the 500th would have to be myself. I really don't know, but thankfully, I can safely say I'll never be faced with this dilemma .

Hell yeah I would. I'd go around killing pimps, drug dealers and rapists. Boondock Saints style.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

There are like MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, we can spare 500.
Ok lets start with all your family and friends then.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Okay now that we figured who we will kill, lets move on to how we could go about doing it. :wink:

Anyone here have any ideas how to kill 500 people? :|

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Okay now that we figured who we will kill, lets move on to how we could go about doing it. :wink:

get a big box and use some sort of gas that kills people.

but i wouldn't do it. I hear killing people is a sin.

Groups at a time, silent assassin style. If I was gonna do it, I may as well do it cool, and maybe even have a bit of fun. Might take a few years, but would be a pretty cool few.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I'd ask 500 people to sacrifice themselves. I'm sure there are 500 people who would be willing to give up their lives to stop AIDS.

I'm sure you're completely right.

You shouldn't say 500 people.

Try 100,000.

Now, you'll have saved lives in a year...but...would you kill 100,000 people? 500's too much of a no-brainer heh.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I wouldnt...

Image if each people you ask this question says YES, 500 per person dependeing on the number, maybe you would get in the Death List...

So, you feel like giving your life to stop AIDS?

I would kill, and I would give mine....

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

I might kill 500 people who were dying of AIDS. Other than that, no. I can't really justify why or why not; I just wouldn't want to.
Yea, that I'd do.

With a spoon.

I couldn't. I mean, think of it this way: The people that you kill are someone's child, somone's brother/sister, someone's friend, someone's mother/father, or someone's husband/wife. What would you do if your friend or family member was killed?

3898000bYVcx.png

I wouldn't. Who am I to decide that the lives of those 500 are worth less than the lives of those infected with AIDS? When it comes to human life, I don't think cold numbers, even killing 500 to save millions, can determine the value of people.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton