Ways to stop smoking - - - - Please Help

KiLLuFoFrEE

This is gonna sound weird, but I've been reading my brother's high school physchology textbook, and to sum it up, they said that your mind associates things you have always disliked(i.e.:brocoli) with things you have associated with it. Example. Every time you smoke a cig, eat 100 grams of brocoli.
Fair enough and it probably works quite well in a controlled environment. but lets imagine you are in a pub, and someone offers you a [bleep]. You arnt exactly gonna have a stick of celery or a floret of brocoli in your back pocket are you?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just quit it you weakling . .

Girl of your dreams should be very good motivation. I would quit, if I wouldn't quitted earlier for the health damage, if I would have even started as I haven't. :P

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

It is very easy to say "just dont smoke" and I know how it is difficult.

The best way for was simple bet. Everytime when I said I am gonna to stop smoke I didnt smoke 3 days and then I started again. You need something what will you help in your mind - not for your body, that is not so big problem.

Try to bet with a friend for about 100 US$ or EUR or where are you from. That is quite big ammount that you will stay it, but not so big that will "kill" you in case you lost.

If you are at least little honest, you will stop smoke even if nobody see you.. in other case you are really loser

I have the ultimate solution, but no one has had the guts to try it before. Get people to lock you in a room, with everything in there that a normal home would have, apart from cigarettes. Make them not let you out until you have given up. This would take, about, I dunno, I don't smoke. Try it, never tried before.

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

I have the ultimate solution, but no one has had the guts to try it before. Get people to lock you in a room, with everything in there that a normal home would have, apart from cigarettes. Make them not let you out until you have given up. This would take, about, I dunno, I don't smoke. Try it, never tried before.

where in the world is somone gona find a room like that? I grant it its a great idea, but a bit unreasonable.

Yea quiting is hard but just don't give up ever. Remember once you quit u will be sooo much happier. So try to look foward to that.

I have never smoked btw, so I may not know what i am talking about.

GOOD LUCK.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

If you really love the girl, just remember that every time you pick up a cigarette just remember it's stopping you from being with her. Get rid of all the cigarettes lighters etc. and find something else to eat/drink/chew when you feel like a cigarette, anything, just something to keep those sticks of death out of your mouth.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

It's only as addictive as you make it out to be. Don't let yourself go insane. Just don't think about it. You're doing well. Keep up the good work. I assure you that it becomes easier, and keeps getting easier. :D

3898000bYVcx.png

where in the world is somone gona find a room like that?

Studio apartment (flip the locks around)

Id say just try to go cold turkey on it. I know a lot of people that smoke, but I don't plan on doing it myself. Just remember once you've kicked the habit you get the girl of your dreams :wink:

Go to the store and get a pack of toothpicks or plastic straws to have a chew on :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I was in the same situation as you. I started when I was 12 and quit when I was 16 (2 years ago). I did it for a girl, been with her even since. :lol:

It took me quite a while to find a way to quit, in the end I got heaps of packs of normal chewing gum, everytime I wanted a smoke, I had a piece of gum, I stopped getting cravings in about a month.

My mum also smoked when I was about 8 I think it was. She stopped by eating a lolly everytime she had cravings, try that if the gum idea doesn't work.

Good luck mate, hope you quit. Want any advice or support, feel free to PM me or talk to me on rs.

Get to know a gal who could influence and encourage u to quit smoking...

admit it.. addiction is hard to kick.. addiction is all about mind overcoming the body..

The withdrawal and the mind-melting sensation is all parts and parcel of ur body receding to the chemical demands..

Have you tried having a fulfilled lifestyle.. like picking up a new sport.. water sport like canoeing.. erm skateboarding.. jogging etc.. something that can really take addiction off ur mind..

It worked for me.. a smoker for quite a while.. withdrawal is terrible..

u need willpower & someone who u really love and who could influence you

Try cutting down your "dosage"

For example; u tend to smoke 1 hard pack (20 sticks) a day.. cut it down to 15 per day within 2 weeks.. reduce the frequency per day..

and subsquently hard pack per day.. and 1/4 of the pack etc..

however, as you begin to reduce it to like 1 stick a day.. this is gonna be the hardest.. when u have hit this stage.. try to get a substitute.. candy.. gums.. lollipop.. (no kidding they works!!)

Well.. last of all.. i wish u good luck and may u quit someday..

*i live as a happy man.. with a happy heart, lungs, minds and soul*

where in the world is somone gona find a room like that? I grant it its a great idea, but a bit unreasonable.
A former Big Brother house would be a good place to start.

Since someone on the outside would be in control of pratically everything - it wouldn't be a problem.

another thing to help is lots of water. take loads of bottle of water wherever you go. sip the water everytime u feel u need to smoke, it helps, given that u will need to go to the toilet quite often might not be desireable but it'll still help u give up.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

Just hang in there, chew some gum, play with pens, do fun stuff with your girlfriend and friends, and stop thinking you NEED to smoke.

Just try to relax every time you think of smoking, and convince yourself that it's bad and that you really don't want to do it anymore.

Go running or something :P

I don't think you just try to quit cold turkey, I just think you just try cutting back, like every 1 or 2 days try to smoke 1 less sigaret, I know alot of friends who did it that way.

Also this made me remind something that I saw on the Teletek Shopping Channel (Don't judge me kay?), it was like somekind of spray, you spray it in your mouth, and then they gave you a free sigaret, but the combination of these 2 flavors was just so gross, that everyone put their sigaret down at once, and didn't want to smoke ever again.

Try and buy one of these?

99 Slayer since August 2007.

I learned this in a life skillz calss!!!!

Ok get a note card and a pen. Number the card 1 - 5. THen put your top 5 things that you live for. Like if you had a sister or brother you would put then in there cus you wont want to show them that you smoke. When ever you want to smoke, pull out the card and read it over and over. Think of what it would be like if you couldnt do the things or see and play with the things. It works! :D

There's no miracle cure, you just stop. No gum, patch, technique, trick, whatever is going to help you. The most you can get out of those is temporary. The only thing that's going to permanently rid you of smoking is will power.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

I used to smoke cigarettes. Many of them, at least a pack a day. Then one day I just stopped smoking. I now have a smoke every once in awhile but its only when im with my female partner.

Smoking is rather difficult, nothing compared to chewing tobacco, which I am completely "addicted" to.

Nicotine is a [bleep].

Its so addicting that it will make you wanna tear your own hair out if you do not full-fill your cravings. Its hard, extremely hard to quit cold turkey. Just try to cut back. Find a way to make it so you are forced to cut back on smoking. If your girlfriend means anything to you that will help out alot.

The only way to suceed is to try and try again. Your gonna fail, maybe many times, maybe only once. But keep trying, and eventually you will succeed.

It's harder than you think, but stepping down never works. You either stop completely or you don't stop at all.

I know how hard it is to be addicted to something and try to stop.

The best way to stop is to never start, but in your case you just have to quit. Don't buy any more cigarettes, and get rid of the ones you currently have. Let your wife (no offense if you don't have one) have control of the money for a little while. It WILL hurt, but it will be worth it. :)