Where are you going to College/University?

Zerocool11

So I'm a Senior at my High School in California and it's that wonderful time of year when colleges and universities are sending out their decisions on who they are going to accept/reject.

I'm just curious as to see where people are going next year!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking a law degree next year at either:

• Liverpool University

University of East Anglia

University College London

King's College London

I'm not sure where to go ATM. But if you live in these areas, I'm comin' to get yer! :D

Too bad you're not going to Cambridge. Last year some guy from my school went there to study international business law or something fancy like that :P

Seems to me that alot of runescapers are graduating. :lol:

I already got accepted to Carleton Universityin Ottawa. (yay!)

Im still waiting for Ryerson University's reply on my application there.

So 3 more months till its all over? I can't wait! :wink:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I'm currently at Nottingham University in the UK, in my second year studying Psychology.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Guest AshKaYu

Awwwwwwwww, this makes me so sad. I've got another year before 9th grade, so I never really thought about university much. Maybe UBC or MUN(University of British Columbia and Memorial University of Newfoundland)

Awwwwwwwww, this makes me so sad. I've got another year before 9th grade, so I never really thought about university much. Maybe UBC or MUN(University of British Columbia and Memorial University of Newfoundland)

Oh man, Newfoundland is gorgeous.

As for me, I'm going to Brock University. It's a small school, only 15000 students, but my program (first year comp. sci) is extremely well done; I have no complaints whatsoever.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Most likely ill be going to Georgia Southern University, Small quaint little college. I live on campus already (The whole town is the damn campus xD). But it's a nice one in the Southern Conference (SoCon, GO GSU, BOOO APP ST!) and, yeah. Not sure what ill major in. But i still gotta grab the GED and pray they let me in heh.

I still dont know what i want to do in life.

Texas Technical University with a History major. I am pursuing a teaching certificate.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Guest AshKaYu

Oh man, Newfoundland is gorgeous.

As for me, I'm going to Brock University. It's a small school, only 15000 students, but my program (first year comp. sci) is extremely well done; I have no complaints whatsoever.

Have you ever read the short story called "Duncan's Way"? Really cool. I'm lucky to have lived there for the first 10 years of my life. Plus the accents we all have are cool :)

Barihawk, what level are you gonna teach?

i'm not sure.....somewhere in California as thats where i live :wink:

mabye Cal :wink:

Yeah, Cal rejected me. :evil:

S'all good, UC San Diego took me so I'm off to study there next Fall. Majoring in International Relations and Double Minoring in Business and Poli Sci.

I'm probably gonna go to the University of Kansas. I woulda liked to have looked at other schools, but the parents are trying to force me into this crazy California college. It's ultra conservative, fundamentalist catholic and doesn't even offer class choices, and I'm not up for spending four years in a forced curriculum with a bunch of crazies. KU will give me some money, and so it's my way out. And it's pretty cool anyways.

I kinda wanted to look at University of Virginia, UNC, and Washington U in St. Louis, but so much for that. I can't pay for any of those.

Yo omishlash - can't say I've seen you around much :|

That's pretty dodge about the parents forcing you. But it seems like you got a nice way out of that drag net of a situation. And since I got bugger all idea about US stuffs, how much is the difference between KU and the last 3 you mentioned :-?

Barihawk, what level are you gonna teach?

10-12th grades, thats Secondary school here. It'll be wierd the first few years, since I'll only be a few years older than my students.

I'll probably also coach some sort of PE class.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Yeah, I haven't been around at all in foreeevvvver.

Being in state, KU will cost me about $14,000 for room,board,books and whatever else, minus whatever I can get with scholarships. UNC would cost about $26,000, University of Virginia would cost about $32,000 and Washington U would cost.. Whoa, about $45,000 a year. Yeah... and since my parents have decided where they want me to go to college, I doubt they'd hook me up with tax forms to try to get financial aid anywhere, since they've said they won't pay for any other colleges than their chosen ones.

And the cool thing is I got lucky and got a good PSAT score, so i SHOULD be able to make National Merit Finalist, which'll get me $10,000 a year in scholarship to KU.

Yeah, counting up the cost, Washington is way out anyways :P That's worse than I thought. And Virginia and UNC have bigger reputations and stuff, so scholarship money would be way hard to get there.

Man, that's nuts. Are all those prices per year or what? :-?

I got a total of AU$18,000 (roughly) for 4 years of Uni.

Then again I didn't live on campus, so that helped keep the cost down some :)

Probably doesn't matter to anyone in Australia yet (The academic year starts at the new year) but for what it's worth I go to Sydney http://www.usyd.edu.au.

Doing a BSc in either: Physics, Computational Science or History & Philosophy of Science (physics possibly with one of the others); couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be happier with the school, they have strong departments in everything I want to learn (with one of the few Computational Science departments in the country).

As for me, I'm finishing the final (hopefully) year of my IT Degree at Griffith University.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve heard that if you wake up at any university in Australia you'll know youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re at Griffith by the mess on the boards. They are the one of the only places where the lecturers don't rub the boards down after a lecture; you guys lost a pretty kick [wagon] HPS lecturer to us.