whos going to win the soccer world cup???

nickeley102

i won a competition in a bar and got to spend $200 at the TAB for the soccer world cup. i put $75 on brazil(as my sure thing), $75 on spain(as my longshot) and $50 on raul(because ive always backed him and his name is cool) to score the most goals.

but my soccer knowledge is poor at best because im from new zealand and we are only competitve at rugby and cricket, can someone who knows things give me advice on my betting.

cheers

NICKELEY102.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really only going to pay attention to see how far the American football team goes. I think think they're seeded 6th this year.

Besides that I just find football way too boring for me, American football ftw :(

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Soccer? They're making world cups for non-existing sports now? It's football. Repeat after me. Football.

As for who's going to win, I'd have to hope it's Holland (unbeaten in the qualifying round), but in the end it'd probably be Brazil again.

Of course I want Holland to win. But if I had to put money on something I'd give it to either Argentina or Brazil. Maybe Italy has got a chance as well.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Brazil is most likely going to win, but I cheer for Germany and England :P

Finnish gamling sites give the lowest odds (=most likely to win) to Argentina and Brazil.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

dunno, but my dream final would be England to beat Germany 5-1 again coming from behind to lift the cup.

go england

oh and it's football not soccer, sorry but american things like that get on my nerves.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Soccer? They're making world cups for non-existing sports now? It's football. Repeat after me. Football.

As for who's going to win, I'd have to hope it's Holland (unbeaten in the qualifying round), but in the end it'd probably be Brazil again.

Yay for Football!

Im rooting for England but... after last time im not too sure.

knkcopy.jpg

Brazil is gonna win :D

Our coach won the '94 USA World Cup already, then it would be his second victory.

Of course the sport's name is football, calling it soccer is plain stupid, after all, it's the sport played with your feet (not like american football, that doesn't deserve to be called football :P).

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

the supprise winners will be scotl...oh wait they didnt qualify :D

:cry:

Scotland almost ftw

i think brazil are likely to win but i wouldn't rule out germany or england. England are the strongest they have been for along time and Germany are consistently strong adn this time have a home crowd

I think it will be Brazil, but I think teams like the Czechs and the Dutch will surprise and easily have a chance to win it all.

BTW I live in the US so is it sad if I recognize more of England's National team the US national team.

EPL FTW

Edit-I honestly cannot type at all today, I had to make three changes to this post because I cannot complete my ideas, or spell at all today. :evil:

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

Futbol.Usa ftw,love it or leave it.

England. This time round we actually have good players. (maybe except Gary Neville :P ).

But assuming we dont have any injuries to key players such as, A.Cole. Terry.Gerrard. Fat Frank, Rooney ect. We have a great chance.

England have a relatively easy group, so it wont be hard to progress, we should easily finish top of our group.

Sure Brazil have a good chance, but they really are overated. Look at their first team, Sure they have some world class players, but they have some very weak links too. Especially in defence, all their defenders are very offensive, thus being very weak in defence. Their tactic is to pretty much score more goals than the opposition. And when Brazil face a team which can dominate possesion, and the midfield area, its going to be hard for Brazil to get anything out of the game.

P.S, as the other guy said, its Football.

BK.

Futbol.Usa ftw,love it or leave it.
First of all, I'm not in the US, so I'm hardly in a position to leave. Second of all, what you call soccer is indeed football, according to Wikipedia:
Football is the name given to a number of different, but related, team sports. The most popular of these worldwide is Association football, which is known as soccer in several countries.
Furthermore:
Of the 45 national FIFA affiliates in which English is an official or primary language, only four ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

It should be called football in the US.

I leave here, born and raised, and I tend to call it football. Unless i am with people who don't care for football, which sadly is a lot more then should be.

But then again I have a become accustomed to hearing called football and I like that for then some crap made up word like soccer.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

OK guys, this thread wasn't made to discuss the naming of the game(I hate it when all the football threads turn into this argument nowadays). Lets leave that argument and continue with what the author's original point was.

sig2ho7.jpg

On another footballing note, Leicester City, top of the form league for march in the championship and our manager just won manager of the month, lets hope the curse doesn't get us....

Joey Gudjohnsen is my God.

Pity he's leaving. I like his 55 yard wonder goals.