Best Mainstream Band

AznElliot518

I like Matisyahu.

But I'm not sure if he is that mainstream.

GOOD stuff i got "Youth" and the live version "Stubbs"

very good composition in that guys music :)P

Pssh, "Shake Off The Dust... Arise" ftw :wink: :D (jk, probably my least favorite of his 3 albums) (Im also bored to the point that Im going to take the time to point out that "Live at Stubbs" is the live version of "Shake Off The Dust... Arise", not "Youth" :oops: )

Alkaline Trio, cKy, and Taking Back Sunday are the only mainstream bands that I like, that I can think of right now (theres TONS more, but Im having a hard time thinking)

A Perfect Circle, if their still considered mainstream....I wouldn't know.

they are fairly mainstream, kind of like disturbed mainstream though, as in, you don't hear a lot of people listening to it, but you can listen to it on the radio / TV.

• 4 weeks later...
Well since they recently decided by popular demand to go mainstream which they shouldnt have, Panic! At The Disco is one of my current favorites

I don't see how they chose to become mainstream. Before they were even heard of they emailed the bassist of fallout boy their songs, now if that's not attempting to become famous I dunno what is. By popular demand? After they appeared on MTV, they apologized to their fans.. why would they if they supposedly wanted em to become mainstream? And anyway who wouldn't want to make music for a living, if you're liked enough to be mainstream then you will.. you can't choose.

I don't see how they chose to become mainstream. Before they were even heard of they emailed the bassist of fallout boy their songs, now if that's not attempting to become famous I dunno what is. By popular demand? After they appeared on MTV, they apologized to their fans.. why would they if they supposedly wanted em to become mainstream? And anyway who wouldn't want to make music for a living, if you're liked enough to be mainstream then you will.. you can't choose.

You bumped this post just to flame someone?

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

You bumped this post just to flame someone?

How was it:

flame

[at MIT, orig. from the phrase flaming [wagon]]

1. vi. To post an email message intended to insult and provoke.

2. vi. To speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude.

3. vt. Either of senses 1 or 2, directed with hostility at a particular person or people.

My post is about mainstream, it is about the discussion and it is about a band. Now stop finding reasons to 'have a dig' at me. How else am I meant to express my opinion on the topic? Exactly.

When a thread has had no activity for a while, here at Tip.it we let it die, no matter how brilliant is your point, as, I'm sure, is yours. Too bad I couldn't read it...

If you couldn't read it how'd you come to conclusion it was 'flaming'? Yes exactly, give up. I like reading older posts when none of the newer ones are active and decided to post there. If it's against the rules then I'm sure they'd auto-lock em after a month or so? Afterall, it's only a month old. Nothing extreme like a year so stop finding stupid reasons to have a go at me just cos I like my font slightly smaller. Geez, how sad.. PM me in future if you have a problem with meand stop ruining threads. (Yes, it's made big especially for you).

Atleast he learned how to post with a bigger font.

Oh, I agree with him that he could still bump this post up. It's only a month old, nothing to wory about.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Pfft. Atticux is getting owned on a thread that he revived to flame someone, how ironical... Thats life!

~komodo

Yep, he completely owned me.. now if you'll be as kind as to show me where I'd happily admit it without sarcasm.

And if you re-read, I never 'flamed' anyone... :?

1.) Avenged Sevenfold - On any list of metalheads.. they'd be there.. reviving classic metal, with a Nu Metal feel

'Reviving classic metal' haha, what do you class as classic metal? Korn??

Yea, the Dire Straits are pretty good as well. And the Eagles are listenable as well, though they get boring pretty fast.
Take that back :lol: My mom got my dad Farewell I Tour DVD and it's like a ritual here to play it when it's cleaning time on the weekend :lol:

The Eagles, Barenaked Ladies, and the Killers are pretty much the only mainstream bands I listen to (pretty much the only specific bands I listen to). 90% of the time when I listen to my MP3, it's on the radio :wink: