April 18, 2006--Pest Control

n64jive

one thing cant make everyone in the runescaoe world happy

Every update will always have some people mad and some happy...

But i would say i like this update alot....

Kinda like castle wars But more fun...........And with rewards we CAN actually use....Ex:Money, Exp

1335752yv6.gif

[]*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*______Now Look Down

The%20Offical%20Pharaoh%20of%20Tip.it.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh he sounds a little pissed :lol: (paul)

you should of had heard him when he flipped out like 2 years ago and said something along the lines of

'do you stupid *wont mention this word* want to get a stupid lever that you can pull to get instant lvl 99's???'

:roll:

anyway, pestcontrol really doesn't seems worth it

Even with the reduced exp, it's still not that bad. It's much more fun than regular training. However, the annoying thing is that there are so many monsters that it's really hard to move, and it's sometimes difficult to tell where the Spinners are. Halberds make it easier to attack the portals, but it's still frustrating.

I don't think that this will be too hard to play in a few months from now when the excitement dies down. Castle Wars is always full, so I'd imagine that this will be too.

I would just like to point out the things in bold.... Y2g2003 he very clearly stated that he meant killing them and followed it up even clearer rebuttal stating the same. He is NOT arguing that buying/ectoing is slower as you have mentioned again in the post above... :wink:

I was aware of what he said, but I was making it clear that there are other ways/methods to ectoing.

Obviously, if you're going to compare the best conditions in pest control to the worst in ectoing... its one sided. When comparing things you either have to compare the worst conditions for both... or the best conditions for both. Thats what I was getting at.

And clearly... the best conditions for ectoing would be buying the Drag bones in bulk and then ectoing. Not killing the dragons and blah blah blah.

If you need a better explanation as to what I'm getting at... I'll be more then happy to explain further. I just don't want to post a bunch of figures and opinions only to either be ignored or to have one of my lovely "fans" come and decide to flame me for being "negative". :?

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Kind of a rip from Starcraft.... Defilers? and the Torchers have the same attack as the mutalisks in Starcraft...

This player vs. npc minigame is an interesting idea, just wish they were a little more original about it. Though I wouldn't expect it these days as they feel the need for updates every six-eight days...

I'm not saying I don't appreciate updates, but I just don't want them at the expense of creativity.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

paul8rg.jpg

*points to sig*

Paul rocks my socks!

141xh5.jpg

I swear some of you people would think it was a fair update if we had a lever you could pull which gave you 99 all stats and any item you liked. ----- Paul Gower; Runescape Senior Content Designer

Kind of a rip from Starcraft.... Defilers? and the Torchers have the same attack as the mutalisks in Starcraft...

This player vs. npc minigame is an interesting idea, just wish they were a little more original about it. Though I wouldn't expect it these days as they feel the need for updates every six-eight days...

I'm not saying I don't appreciate updates, but I just don't want them at the expense of creativity.

w000t I knew I had seen those thingies before in starcraft but I wasn't completely sure until u also mentioned it :)

I would just like to point out the things in bold.... Y2g2003 he very clearly stated that he meant killing them and followed it up even clearer rebuttal stating the same. He is NOT arguing that buying/ectoing is slower as you have mentioned again in the post above... :wink:

I was aware of what he said, but I was making it clear that there are other ways/methods to ectoing.

Obviously, if you're going to compare the best conditions in pest control to the worst in ectoing... its one sided. When comparing things you either have to compare the worst conditions for both... or the best conditions for both. Thats what I was getting at.

And clearly... the best conditions for ectoing would be buying the Drag bones in bulk and then ectoing. Not killing the dragons and blah blah blah.

If you need a better explanation as to what I'm getting at... I'll be more then happy to explain further. I just don't want to post a bunch of figures and opinions only to either be ignored or to have one of my lovely "fans" come and decide to flame me for being "negative". :?

I have no like/dis-like for you whatsoever. From what I have seen of your posts they involve intelligent thought. THAT is why I commented. He said something which you said was untrue unless he does it the exact way that he said. Obviously what both of you said was correct because neither of you are idiots. I understand very clearly that you are correct about buy/ecto is by FAR the fastest prayer xp (short of BURYing ourg bones *eep* :shock: ) and I understand that playing this game with 25 126's would be incredibly fast prayer xp. My point is that you say that his specific example is wrong unless he does it as specifically as he stated... I am FAR from arguing with all of the other points that you made because they are all valid and well-proven.

You can go forth and mention other things that have nothing to do with what he said to prove a point that you are making but that still has nothing to do with the subject at hand:

1. He said a specific example.

2. You said he was wrong unless he did exactly what he said.

3. You went on to say things about an example unrelated to his. (Unrelated because his example was finite not open-ended.)

I'm not trying to make you feel bad for making an error. I am not trying to start a flame war. I am not trying to get on anyone's good/bad side. I am merely pointing out a mistake just as I would point out a glitch in the game. No hard feelings meant or had. If you feel the need to continue this positively/negatively please pm me since we are both far from the topic now... :oops:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Wasn't accusing you of flaming me, just for the record. I just figure if I comment too much on something I'll have one of my little "friends" on this forum decide to bash me for whatever reason. I wasn't by any means suggesting that was you or anything. Its just a well known fact that some people don't like me on this forum for whatever reason.

Discussing this matter is becoming pointless, because now looking at the "Knowledge Base" they now amended it for about the 3rd time. :roll:

Now it states that Prayer is your level squared, divided by 12. So that makes it even worse. That would put me down to about 281, roughly.

So now the exp would be about one Dragon Bone ectoed. My statement is starting to become more true, either way.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Edit

Nevermind, he runs the sjhop, i just saw him out of the shop.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Now it stats that Prayer is your level squared, divided by 12. So that makes it even worse. That would put me down to about 281, roughly.

So now the exp would be about one Dragon Bone ectoed. My statement is starting to become more true, either way.

Yes, that just shows how much my original post was misleading. Only at a high prayer lvl (say 75+) is it worth training prayer at the new minigame. Actually, I think that stands true for almost any combat skill.

But it's still more fun.

I think jagex should add something to the mini-game to give it more incentive since everyone just sees it as a way to get xp, and not fun... Maybe a chance to get cool armours like castlewars but without changing the xp rewards.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Its not that your posts were misleading or anything. They were accurate at the time from a certain stand point.

It would be nice, however, if Jagex would get their "story" straight with regards to the exp reward system.

EDIT: And just a small tid bit...

At one point in this new mini game I would of been able to get 561 exp per point. Now....

561 x 12 = 6732

Square root of 6732 is 82

You would need to now be a lvl 82 prayer to get the exp I was once getting at lvl 58 prayer. That seems like a real big mistake if you ask me.

EDIT: Edited the math, the first example was a rough estimate. The proper figures are now up.

It also really makes you wonder what level you need now after they changed the origional formula. Which was your lvl, squared, divded by three.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

F.Y.I This place is OWNAGE mage xp,i hit about 7 or 8 monsters at once if strategically placed and i managed to get like 20k xp in around 20 mins of play(ice burst)

Also I'd love it if we could redeem our points in for some of that nifty armour and weps that the knights wear

rssig4copy.gif

Even with the reduced exp, it's still not that bad. It's much more fun than regular training. However, the annoying thing is that there are so many monsters that it's really hard to move, and it's sometimes difficult to tell where the Spinners are. Halberds make it easier to attack the portals, but it's still frustrating.

I don't think that this will be too hard to play in a few months from now when the excitement dies down. Castle Wars is always full, so I'd imagine that this will be too.

its impossibble to play in you own... but they stay playing at world 2...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

We need some designated worlds or at least worlds that are understood as designated for certain team-oriented events.

Everyone knows about World 2 and the Temple Building bit, World 66 and the Fast Free Law Co., at one point there was a world that was advertised for lower leveled players to go fight in the fight pits (Which was promptly crashed by higher levels).

We need them for the Cat Arena and now this game. But Castle Wars does show that many people go to Castle Wars no matter what else they can do, but will this game take away from the CW crowd? I ask you that my friends.

What I don't get is why can't the minigame give better XP than training? It's more fun, and would draw more customers to P2P. Since when does a game only work as boring repeating training? Personally I'd play any minigame if it's fun for whatever reward, but I don't know why only training has to be the main way.

This looks fun so I'll check it out, but I just can't see harm coming from having a minigame that gives good XP. If it's fun way to earn XP, then gratz Jagex the game works. :D

but making all training obsolete because of a minigame? then all the training spots will go abandoned and it will be crowded at the minigame, and all people will do is the minigame

that would unbalance the game like no other

I beg to differ. Regular training would still be easier because u could afc it if u know what ur doing. If u need to get some chores done around the house the old way is better.

limdog.png

Yeah Paul is mad, but he should be too...how things were setup before a person could get 60K HP xp if they have 96 HP + the HP xp from training on the monsters and portals. That's seriously too much HP xp for any training spot by far. Now though I'd say it's a little more balenced out since people can get more xp in other skills somewhere else, but be able to get extra xp in a skill of their choice...still think this place would be great for ice bursting and ice barraging though :)

captain_poet.png

Jesus... I'm on world 84 I think, and they're a bunch of incapable 'children with special needs'... ;)

We've lost for like 8 games in a row now. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì :wall:

I'm coming to join all you Tip.iters on world 9. =D

May I cram my opinion into this thread?

I agree with Paul, for a first. The easy way is run straight and kill the portals. But there are too many monsters, they swarm you and die easily.

He reason the XP reward was downgraded is that jagex didn't want every player in RUneScape to just swarm here for training.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

We need some designated worlds or at least worlds that are understood as designated for certain team-oriented events.

Everyone knows about World 2 and the Temple Building bit, World 66 and the Fast Free Law Co., at one point there was a world that was advertised for lower leveled players to go fight in the fight pits (Which was promptly crashed by higher levels).

We need them for the Cat Arena and now this game. But Castle Wars does show that many people go to Castle Wars no matter what else they can do, but will this game take away from the CW crowd? I ask you that my friends.

I heard that the blast furnace is on world 60. I played about 20 games on world 60, and we won about 15. I don't really think this minigame is that fun, but the exp is nice, along with the gold.