What are you listening to right now!?

xenogold

Iron Maiden- Afraid to shoot strangers.

One of my favorite songs from them, I love the solo at the beginning. <3: :P (the live version owns).

Damn awesome song. ;P

I'm kind of on a road trip (in a hotel right now), and me and my dad and my brother listened to Maiden's first 3 albums. Good stuff.

A general question: I remember reading about an album being recorded somewhere, and someone was murdered outside the studio while recording was going on, and the screams showed up on the recording (something along those lines)? I don't know if it was a myth or not, and I don't have the time right now to go look it up. Anyone have some info on it?

thesip2.jpg

It really has

Iron Maiden- Afraid to shoot strangers.

One of my favorite songs from them, I love the solo at the beginning. <3: :P (the live version owns).

Damn awesome song. ;P

I'm kind of on a road trip (in a hotel right now), and me and my dad and my brother listened to Maiden's first 3 albums. Good stuff.

A general question: I remember reading about an album being recorded somewhere, and someone was murdered outside the studio while recording was going on, and the screams showed up on the recording (something along those lines)? I don't know if it was a myth or not, and I don't have the time right now to go look it up. Anyone have some info on it?

This it?

Pretty good doom metal songi

Another doom metal fan? :thumbsup:

Amorphis - Sign

Yup. I've only found two doom metal bands I like so far: Candlemass and Moonsorrow. I'm always looking for more though.

Plain White T's - Hey there Delilah.

I listened to this a couple of days ago and thought "meh". Since then it's been playing almost nonstop. The lyrics are totally brilliant and the guitar compliments it perfectly.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

my dying bride // the raven and the rose.

absolute brilliance..one of my favorites by them along with "my hope,the destroyer".."thy raven wings".."l'amour detruit".."your shameful heaven".."the cry of mankind"..heck,i'll stop there..could go on all night. :P

Indeed it is. ;P Thanks homes.

Heh, I knew what you were talking about but couldn't remember the band. <3 Snopes. :P

Bathory- Possessed.

@ Ragen: try out the band Aarni. Not your typical doom, not even sure if you could clasify it as such but it has a lot of traits of doom metal.

edit: Aardtmann op Vuurtopberg is what you'd literally call 'uber doom'. Not any vocals that I know of, just low...grinding dooming riffs.

And I'm listening to Aardtmann op Vuurtopberg - Enchanting Grey Landscapes now.

Pretty good doom metal songi

Another doom metal fan? :thumbsup:

Amorphis - Sign

Yup. I've only found two doom metal bands I like so far: Candlemass and Moonsorrow. I'm always looking for more though.

My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Cathedral, Katatonia, Amorphis (some of their stuff is) & Agalloch are all great bands. Then again, it also depends on the type of doom metal you enjoy aswell, such as new and old.

Also, I would consider Moonsorrow more folk metal. :wink:

Satyricon - Mother North