I duped my phat?

Clan_Chat_Op

IF this is true, wouldn't this mean that any successful trade in the 15 minutes or so leading up to the rollback have given the same result? And if not, then I would be very interested as to why your specific trade ended up creating two copies of the item. Anyways, this is far from bug abuse, as there is no way to have conducted this purposely, unless they were the players who crashed the servers (which is about a 1-10000 chance).

Anyways, very interesting result. However, don't be surprised if Jagex ends up fixing this problem and erasing any items that ended up getting duped.

sig7uu.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the roll back takes u back to the last time u logged in unless u log out before it.

jagex cant be asked to fix this becasue their too busy 'fixing' stuff that doesnt need to be fixed. OH BUT DONT WORRY... jagex will be sure to ban you if caught with the a dupped item because its our fault for finding the bug in the first place :)

anyhow keep it, live long and prosper.

Runescape is fine, its just the idiots who run Jagex that ruin the game.

You could be talking uter rubbish, not sure. Show your bros bank as well. Ask him to send you a screenie, block out both names though. If it is true, you are very lucky!

I've done that before, only difference is I didn't dupe anything, buried around 2k drag bones, system reset :x I had all my 2k bones back and the same pray level. You got lucky with what you got, i ended up having to bury 2k bones AGAIN :cry:

Angelic_Whim.png

Is this not bug abuse?

It was a accident... He traded it to his brother and then jagex had the server thing.... and his account got rolled back while his brother's didn't meaning that 15 minutes before he had it then 15 minutes after his brother did... It's just total luck.

I would report it to Jagex. That way, you are safe from being banned, and I really can't see them taing the hat away from you. It is only bug abuse if you don't report it. Jagex has said that they will not alter the banks of people for anything, whether it is when you were hacked, or for instances like this. So., their policies work in your favour sometimes as well!

Report it, and I am sure they will not take it from you. They would appreciate the honesty.

Let us know what happens.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Well, I got a response an hour or so ago after i submitted a bug report...

They said that with the current system in place that this is not possible, however they are not allowed to go into further details.

I have no idea what that means....

As of now, no ban... so thats good I guess?

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

also, if this is true, you may have noticed this is the first newly created phat since they were dropped on christmas!

lol, where have you been?

there have been about 5000 newly created phats since christmas.

you don't remember the great dupe of 2003? (honestly i have no idea what year it was)

siggykv.jpg

IF this is true, wouldn't this mean that any successful trade in the 15 minutes or so leading up to the rollback have given the same result? And if not, then I would be very interested as to why your specific trade ended up creating two copies of the item. Anyways, this is far from bug abuse, as there is no way to have conducted this purposely, unless they were the players who crashed the servers (which is about a 1-10000 chance).

Anyways, very interesting result. However, don't be surprised if Jagex ends up fixing this problem and erasing any items that ended up getting duped.

1-5000 since there was 2 of them.

Anyway, you're lucky Jagex didn't count that as bug abuse lol. Have fun with your extra phat... You lucky (asteriks)

maxsig28nv.gif

Is this not bug abuse?
No because he didn't knwo it would happen, nor did he acutally choose to do it...

Not reporting a bug and using it for your own gain = bug abuse.

He has yet to report the bug and gained from the bug = bug abuse.

People who dont report bugs and gain from them are people who comit bug abuse. Since they are abusing the bug in the game. Now it is intentional since he has gained from it, whether he meant to or not he should report it.

(Yes, i know to much use of the word 'bug' in there).

The bug itself is the server messing up and crashing. I'm sure they're aware of that and its side effects. What do you want for him to not gain from it? The other guy to drop the party hat?

i guess it evens itself out a little bit...

in those 15 minutes, i wonder how many people got a dragon chain drop.... a barrows loot.... or some other expensive item.

its basically like they stripped it away...

siggykv.jpg

Is this not bug abuse?
No because he didn't knwo it would happen, nor did he acutally choose to do it...

People who dont report bugs and gain from them are people who comit bug abuse. Since they are abusing the bug in the game. Now it is intentional since he has gained from it, whether he meant to or not he should report it.

The bug itself is the server messing up and crashing. I'm sure they're aware of that and its side effects. What do you want for him to not gain from it? The other guy to drop the party hat?

I was saying that if he did not report it to jagex, then it would be bug abuse. And yes, this is unfair for someone to have gained this much. Through no work, stats or anything like that.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Is this not bug abuse?

I was saying that if he did not report it to jagex, then it would be bug abuse. And yes, this is unfair for someone to have gained this much. Through no work, stats or anything like that.

I don't think that whether or not it's abuse depends on whether or not it was reported. If someone abused the bug, reported it, and continued to report it, it still would be bug abuse. In this case, jagex is obviously aware of the fact that rollbacks often occur, so there wasn't that much of a need to report it, and isn't a defining factor over whether or not it's really bug abuse. Not to argue the definition of it, but when something happens while you're not even playing (in this case), you could hardly call it bug abuse.

If he did not report that he now has a white phat sitting in his bank, from a bug in Jagex's system then it is bug abuse. Becuase he is gaining from the bug. Therefore abusing the bug.

Its massivley unfair to other players who work hard, then bang this guy gets 120+ Million in his bank for no reason.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

:lol: oo the timewarp thingy.

a friend of me once traded 50 glory ammy to his noob and got the same effect, so i full believe you, the situation of server was same as when friend got it so it's perfectly possible.

It happens :roll: not his faul that it happend to him, mainly jagex their fault anyway

If he did not report that he now has a white phat sitting in his bank, from a bug in Jagex's system then it is bug abuse. Becuase he is gaining from the bug. Therefore abusing the bug.

Its massivley unfair to other players who work hard, then bang this guy gets 120+ Million in his bank for no reason.

I wouldn't put this at the player's fault. How is he 'abusing' in the present tense this bug? It's obviously unfair, but again, what do you want him to do? Drop the party hat? Reporting a known bug isn't really that necessary. If this was a new form of dupe, then yes, it's a different case and it should be reported. But it's over with and jagex already knows about the flaw in their system, which is the main point.

Is this not bug abuse?

but its not a bug at all, its been known that this would happen and there is really no way to prevent it. he just got lucky and reporting it will do nothing as its just something that comes with rolling back the servers.

i guess it evens itself out a little bit...

in those 15 minutes, i wonder how many people got a dragon chain drop.... a barrows loot.... or some other expensive item.

its basically like they stripped it away...

IM SOO GLAD I DIDN'T GET MY FIRE CAPE THEN...lol

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2