Pessimism

Seen so many topics about an annoying newbie or rude high-level player I'm not seeing any about the good, why not? I've had lots of low levels actually work for stuff I tried to give them for free and I was shocked at what happened yesterday. So with my memory I went on and attacked a bronze dragon to realize I needed anti fire pots and all once it took all my health in a few seconds =) Thought I was dead with 1 hp and all but a level 120 was actually kind enough to help, give me food, pots, and the shield. After so many rants I had forgotten players like that existed and after asking around most people think no stranger would help them if they were dieing with anything worthwhile on which is really disappointing. So why is everyone focusing on the bad?

Seem so many topics about an annoying newbie or rude high-level player I'm not seeing any about the good, why not? I've had lots of low levels actually work for stuff I tried to give them for free and I was shocked at what happened yesterday. So with my memory I went on and attacked a bronze dragon to realize I needed anti fire pots and all once it took all my health in a few seconds =) Thought I was dead with 1 hp and all but a level 120 was actually kind enough to help, give me food, pots, and the shield. After so many rants I had forgotten players like that existed and after asking around most people think no stranger would help them if they were dieing with anything worthwhile on which is really disappointing. So why is everyone focusing on the bad?

Its simply because you see more rude players than those who do not pixel hug or be sadistic like today at pest control, this 51 was killing the south shifter and opening the gates. (Lost over 7 times in a row i think)

thats just my opinion

because bad news is more interesting in good news. think of it like this: would you rather sit and listen through a story about how a cat had a litter of kitten who were taken to the spca and almost immediately adopted instead of being euthenised, or would you rather sit and listen to a story about how two guys robbed a bank, shot and killed a guy, got in a car chase and ended up crashing and dieing? see my point?

there used to be this program on tv quite some years ago called "the good news" which showed nothing but good news. i think the program lasted 6 months or so before it was cancelled due to low ratings.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

because bad news is more interesting in good news. think of it like this: would you rather sit and listen through a story about how a cat had a litter of kitten who were taken to the spca and almost immediately adopted instead of being euthenised, or would you rather sit and listen to a story about how two guys robbed a bank, shot and killed a guy, got in a car chase and ended up crashing and dieing? see my point?

I like kittens :oops:

blacksignaturewn1.png

Heh.

For the past three days I have done a level three clue. Whatever the most valuable reward from this is, I give to a kind player. If I do not have a clue reward, I give an item I do not require In my bank (yesterday I had to give a level two clue reward to a nice person, because I died in the wilderness with my level three clue :cry: )

Ironically the last 3 winners were:

A 102 (in full dragon and red mask) at castle wars who gave me free laws when nobody had the decency to sell me a law (at 5k). He recieved a zammy page four.

A 98 (not aware if I am allowed to post the name, if I can I shall as this player deserves to be recognised) helped with me with my level three clue :) instead of cutting magic logs. He recieved a rune kite (unlucky guy :cry:)

And yesterday, a level 108 (again not going to post the name) who was being a nice person whilst I was fletching for my friend and also helped me get exactly 3000000 experience in fletching. :lol: I offered him a blue boater, (I had a level two clue and I couldn't get a level three drop) he turned the prize down. (he was wearing a party hat)

Yes, ironically all of the winners who won a free treasure trail item were rich, and need not recieve these kind of items for their deeds.

Although I am not rich (don't even own a whip as I feel no need for one) I would rather spend the money/items I get on nice, kind friendly people who deserve something for being, well.. Nice.

Heh.

For the past three days I have done a level three clue. Whatever the most valuable reward from this is, I give to a kind player. If I do not have a clue reward, I give an item I do not require In my bank (yesterday I had to give a level two clue reward to a nice person, because I died in the wilderness with my level three clue :cry: )

Ironically the last 3 winners were:

A 102 (in full dragon and red mask) at castle wars who gave me free laws when nobody had the decency to sell me a law (at 5k). He recieved a zammy page four.

A 98 (not aware if I am allowed to post the name, if I can I shall as this player deserves to be recognised) helped with me with my level three clue :) instead of cutting magic logs. He recieved a rune kite (unlucky guy :cry:)

And yesterday, a level 108 (again not going to post the name) who was being a nice person whilst I was fletching for my friend and also helped me get exactly 3000000 experience in fletching. :lol: I offered him a blue boater, (I had a level two clue and I couldn't get a level three drop) he turned the prize down. (he was wearing a party hat)

Yes, ironically all of the winners who won a free treasure trail item were rich, and need not recieve these kind of items for their deeds.

Although I am not rich (don't even own a whip as I feel no need for one) I would rather spend the money/items I get on nice, kind friendly people who deserve something for being, well.. Nice.

Couldn't tell if you were trying to say that their only being nice because they dont need it or something like that sorry :?

Seem so many topics about an annoying newbie or rude high-level player I'm not seeing any about the good, why not? I've had lots of low levels actually work for stuff I tried to give them for free and I was shocked at what happened yesterday. So with my memory I went on and attacked a bronze dragon to realize I needed anti fire pots and all once it took all my health in a few seconds =) Thought I was dead with 1 hp and all but a level 120 was actually kind enough to help, give me food, pots, and the shield. After so many rants I had forgotten players like that existed and after asking around most people think no stranger would help them if they were dieing with anything worthwhile on which is really disappointing. So why is everyone focusing on the bad?

Its simply because you see more rude players than those who do not pixel hug or be sadistic like today at pest control, this 51 was killing the south shifter and opening the gates. (Lost over 7 times in a row i think)

thats just my opinion

Sorry to hear about that, but that would mean there would be more rude topics then nice ones but the fact remains theres a million rude ones and I haven't seen any nice ones o.O Must not be good with this logic thing sorry...

Me too :P

I got to agree with Neogeo. Why you think there's more Gansta, Mafia, bad people movies now? Public thinks its far more intresting.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It is the same as, for me at least, I feel like my parents only say something about my schoolwork if its bad. It seems like they only care when Im doing something wrong. They make a bigger deal when I do something bad rather than when i do something well. I guess its easier to punish for the bad than to congradulate for the good.

image002cc6.gif

im level 76 and IM NOT A NOOB 30- is a noob

Me too! kitten.gif

I think one of the main problems is that people getting into higher levels have had bad experiences at lower levels, since they never got any help it will be harder to convince them it's a good thing to help anyone.

I think this is why Tip.it'ers should try to stick together on the servers and maintain some sort of community.

Its because people just assume the worst.... :roll:

ok mr. i hate everybody and i hate people =X

lol i love every1 im always nice and try to help people, juts now no lie let me show u wat some1 said, there was no one else at dags but me and him and he kept half hittin my dags hes lvl 111 also

he said

why9xd.png

=( i miss rs1 and all the nice people, main reason why i joined blacknights fun friendly friends :)

-mega-[/img]

Its because people just assume the worst.... :roll:

ok mr. i hate everybody and i hate people =X

lol i love every1 im always nice and try to help people, juts now no lie let me show u wat some1 said, there was no one else at dags but me and him and he kept half hittin my dags hes lvl 111 also

he said

why9xd.png

=( i miss rs1 and all the nice people, main reason why i joined blacknights fun friendly friends :)

-mega-[/img]

I was around then too but even it had its scammers and such, it was the only place people acually ever competed to see who would give me the best stuff, now people try to come up with the smartest insults for people who could use some help...they tried..it only takes one person to ruin someone that several people helped build up.

Shame there's not too many people like that anymore. :(

Do you think, Perhaps, that the Black Dragon lives in the Black Dragon Cave!?

Blackmagecc.png

I'm a firm believer of typing with proper grammar on the interwebs. Oh yes.

You see more topics on mean people because there are more. I like to go to when i train f2p skills, like firemaking. Just because I miss it, and I like talking to f2p. The thing is, there is soo much noob scamming, trash talking of lower lvls and what not. I am always being annoyed be lower lvls bothering me so much. Sometimes i become mean, but some f2p just need to learn to stop...

My Main

bronzemzammyvest,nikoli40.gif

nikoli40.gif

People think high levels are snobs and are egotistical, which sometimes is right. Me and a few friends sometimes go to F2P worlds and help people in Lumbridge with quests for free, you make a ton of friends that way. In fact I met someone and when he needs help with a quest or something, I stop what I'm doing and help him. Whether it be walking around aimlessly or finishing Legends (which I haven't done). I even supply him with the items. I'm the leader of a clan and sometimes we do events like that.

maxsig28nv.gif