The Kindness of Strangers

m4g3_4_m3

Well I was fishing monkfish on the new island and reading Tip It at the same time. When I open the window i see myself in Falador! :x (Stupid Troll!) I was really shocked but luckly i had kept my obby cape, dds and dark gloves. I ran to the bank and teled to Ardy and rushed back to the island.

I asked the people there who had picked up my stuff and find out it was this level 79. I politely asked him if I could have my glory, wealth and black beret back but just as i thought his reply was "no" I wasnt really mad cause it was less that 200k worth but i asked him again anyway. He said he was poor, so I left him and continued fishing.

After about 2 minutes I see someone wanting to trade with me but it wasnt the level 79. So I accepted and right before my eyes I see 1000k pop up. :shock: I thought that it was just someone trying to rub it in my face when he accepts. I still didn't believe it and click accept just to make sure. Then the window closed and in my inventory was 1m cash! :shock: :shock: :shock: I couldn't believe how kind this person was to me and said TY like 20 times. In the end he just said that he felt sorry for me and then logged out. (If your reading TYVM again!)

Well thats my story. Oh and by the way, the 1m came from a level 125 wearing full drag and blue phat. :lol:

wow. that is great. it is good to see that there are still some people left in the game that are not greedy about their pixels. :)

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

Will teach you not to read tip it and play rs at the same time :P

But it did turn out for the better in the end. Nice to see there are still nice players in the game that are willing to help others like that.

bunyip.png

I remember doing that (not 1mil, 100k) to a lower lvl player, that had died. Heh, no wonder I arn't rich, I do that too much :)

Can't seem to hold onto those dang pixels.

Glad nice players exist, and lucky you :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Just As I was reading this thread I had some arrows stolen... Proves the point that these generous players are hard to find.
Yep, It's like to every kind person there are 3 bad people :(

Lucky you got the good person. Gratz!

sig5235ro7.jpg

Some *good* players from RSC still exist! I did something similar a few times dispite the fact that I wasnt that rich but hey! This topic is about you and not me. If you see him again, thank him and tell him that some people you know admire him for his "goodness" if you will.

mathisfun.png

Nice luck, but don't mind those telling you not to afk train lol I'm afk training right now and on here...just don't do that in the wilderness.

Why not? I'm at iceys in level 45 wildy AFKing right now...it's single-attack area and these guys almost never hit me. No PKers...if any the ice warriors take em ;)

Anyway, jsut goes to show 100s aren't all bad. Somebody learnt a lesson from playing this RuneScape game; One small million gp in your eyes is another person's life savings.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

shame that 79 stole your stuff, more or less, because you weren't looking at the screen while you got the random. It seems like I always get mine right as I look in the forum window (which blocks RS for a moment).

Monkfish seem to be a bad place to fish wearing anything you'd miss losing though. The troll random event seems exceptionally strong there, from what I've seen.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Are you a southern dame?

And i've had so many axe heads stolen it's come to the point where i hate woodcutting.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.