So Called "Prayer Noobs?"

Jack12338

When at castle wars and the person I'm fighting with switches on melee protection, I ignore them and attack another player.

exactly, your 1 of the smater people really. most just beat away on the same person. and as soon as they are like, hes not one me!!! i go rite after them and tend to save specials from my dagger for them

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if someone calls me a prayer noob then i always say:

gues someone here doesnt have the money to effort bones

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

It takes 700 D bones to use protect melee, Hows that "hard" work...compared to countless hours training both attack and strenght.

Because everyone who prays only has 43 prayer and no other combat stats :? .

My opinion: You trained your prayer, and you shoudl be allowed to use it.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Kind of off-topic, but I've never been yelled at by the other guys for using the sword in Halo 2.

All I ever hear is "get the god-d*** sword away from that guy!" :lol:

The sword takes absolutly no skill to use. thats why they say that.

Play me one on one swords only and lets see if it takes "no skill"

I say if you got it flaunt it :lol: Prayer owns we all know it... 83 prayer here going for 84 soon. I use my prayer in C wars when 6 people are teaming on me, and they say lets get a screenie of the level 120 dieing to noobs.. I pop that on and well the rest is history,,, Sorry buds but no screenie of a level 120 going down.,.. :wink:

I'm 126 and 99 prayer, I'll be fighting 8 people all praying and I won't pray back, wanna know why, because it's a damn game lol (diffrent story in the wilderness), I lose no pride when I die to 8 people. Here's a quick way around someone praying one on one, bring more then one attack style perhaps. Granted I worked hard for my prayer level but I'm not gonna waste time using a protect prayer, I'll put all of it towards attack and strength and do some damage before I go down.

The only thing about the whole "prayer noob" subject that makes me mad, is if someone prays against me 1 on 1, then I pray back, they call me a prayer noob (which happens quite often 1 on 1)

praycape,supergoten23.gif

Hey Hey thats all good supergoten, but if I am going down I am giving it my all... yeah its all a game but my competitive side creeps in on me and if I have the prayer and worked hard on getting it ,,, I sure the heck am going to use it... Spent millions on bones why not use what I have .. And I know you have also seen you many of times at the ecto place .... I only use my prayer when I am close to dieing and being taunted by low levels .. So be it hey I am out for a win.. :wink: And as for pride hey its all fun and games to me, but I am not making it easy on no one...

queenvalerie.png

Prayer does not make you a stronger opponent. It makes you a waste of time to fight. It actually makes you weaker, just more defensive.

Wrong. Prayer does make you stronger. You can do everything you can without prayer, and so much more. Just because you decide to use something doesn't make you any less of a person. If we were all out there to not "waste" your time, then we would just give you the items without even having to fight, now wouldn't we? But as I always say to your type: screw you. We're not here to give you the easiest kill possible, and if you think that, then you need to go rethink your entire life. I thought that the entire point of a fight was to put up a struggle, and see who comes out on top no matter what strategies are used, including prayer!

if someone calls me a prayer noob then i always say:

gues someone here doesnt have the money to effort bones

Lol, do you have any idea how easy it is to get 43 Prayer? Everyone who says "Prayer Noob" already has 43+ Prayer, they can use it, but to people like them and me Prayer when used outside of times of crisis shows weakness' within the player. And as said before, its a total waste of time that makes a fight that would be even anyways just last longer for no apparent reason.

Prayer does not make you a stronger opponent. It makes you a waste of time to fight. It actually makes you weaker, just more defensive.

Wrong. Prayer does make you stronger. You can do everything you can without prayer, and so much more. Just because you decide to use something doesn't make you any less of a person. If we were all out there to not "waste" your time, then we would just give you the items without even having to fight, now wouldn't we? But as I always say to your type: screw you. We're not here to give you the easiest kill possible, and if you think that, then you need to go rethink your entire life. I thought that the entire point of a fight was to put up a struggle, and see who comes out on top no matter what strategies are used, including prayer!

Ok, yes it literally makes you stronger, but I think he meant to say that "It makes you appear weaker", which I would agree with. When in one on one with a player where nothing is at stake, whats the point of both of you using Prayer? It doesn't make the fight any more interesting, in fact it makes it totally boring. The fight would mosty likely have the same results with Prayer as without.

And the "rethink your entire life" comment was both immature and backed up by absolutely no facts of the person you are accusing. You've never even met the guy for Christ's sake...

1v1 Prayer where the stakes are limited to none is a sign of weakness and shows you are in fact, a "Prayer Noob".

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

We all have the right to pray and level up prayer. Some of us just choose not to do it. You shouldn't be called a noob because you wanted to get prayer.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

Thank you very much Reb, you summed up what I was thinking very nicely :wink: . However I did mean it makes you weaker. Maybe I should have specified *protection prayers* but I figured that people would realize that since this topic is about protection prayers. The reason I said that is because the more prayer levels you get, the weaker you are at your combat level. However, as a few people have said prayers like ultimate strength do make your stronger, but only at a certain strength level.

As for someone saying both people praying 1v1 is okay, would you rather fight 1on1 with no one praying and finish the fight in a couple minutes, or spend 5 minutes having both people pray, only to have one of the two players run (if you are going to use protection prayers 1v1, you are more than likely a coward, so you are going to run if you have a good chance of dying).

As for the people that replied to me, sorry if I missed you. I had thoughts in my head, but it's too hard to quote like 5 different posts and make an intelligent response to each one.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I think pray while in combat with a monster is completly fine, encouraged even. But pray in wildy and castle wars is seen as a weakness. People call u a noob because you can't fend for yourself without help (which is the pray.) I think its noobish.... but thats just me, I am one of the people who call people pray noobs in castle wars and wildy because you are one, you can't kill someone without pray. These are protect prayers not boost prayers btw. I feel it is the same story with teleing and pjing etc.

lmao, hard earned? I spent less than an hour ectoing dragon bones to get 43 prayer on my pure. I got 52 a couple hours later. IT'S NOT HARD. 99% of runescape realizes that protect prayers vs other players is not only cheap and way too effective, but it slows down combat to the point where it's impossible to get a kill. Maybe if you werent a skill noob you would realize that the prayers unbalence the game.

Sure, you can both use protection prayers. But what does that do? Absolutly nothing, except giving you precious time to eat and teleport to save a measly 300k.

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

because on rsc forums there is a honour clan system..

castle wars doesnt matter, but in wild praying 1 vs 1 in considered dishounorable

w4M8t.png

To all the complete morons saying people who dont use prayer cant afford it..

Im 60 prayer and never pray 1v1 on my main, i have 2 blue party hats and a white...

Now tell me i cant afford it?.

Praying in a 1 on 1 fight does NOT make you any better, it just slows the fight down, who wants to spend 5 minutes fighting a battle to see the other guy run?

If some one prays 1v1 and im melee only i walk away and they call me a noob and attack my back, but to be honest, Any one who needs to pray shouldnt be in the wilderness in the first place.

If i hybrid and they pray i just switch styles and ko them.

in my oppinion, it's perfectly fair to pray and use all the dirty (but legal) tricks in the book. I'm gonna fight to win, not to have some good rep! Some people get too wrapped up in their macho-ness :roll:

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

in my oppinion, it's perfectly fair to pray and use all the dirty (but legal) tricks in the book. I'm gonna fight to win, not to have some good rep! Some people get too wrapped up in their macho-ness :roll:

Some people dont want to spend 10 minutes fighting a newb who isnt confident in his own abilities just to see him run on 4 food, after you have just eaten 20 sharks and drank a super set, when he instigated the fight in the first place.

That might be your idea of fun but it isnt mine.

I don't pk but I do Castle Wars my fair share. :oops:

The "pray noobs" aren't looked down upon by me..Or looked up to...It's just annoying..I save my prayer for holding our team's flag or getting theirs...Yet people pray against me in battle, it makes me waste my prayer...Now I'm level 105, but if a level 70-80 prays against me, I don't pray back...Big deal if such a low level prays, he won't do much vs 84 defence anyway. But if a level 90-100 prays melee against me, then I must pray back..Since I'm muted I cannot dub them "pray noob" but that's just what they are. :roll:

Before you say some stupid comeback like "ur just mad cuz ur prays low" I'm 60 prayer ftw, k? :roll:

I HATE PRAY NOOBS! why you may ask? cause they do it when its 10 on 1... and i mean 10 on 1, ME!... i was being attacked by 10 lvl 80 somethings then bam when i fight back, without pray i may add, they pray against me! ME! im the one being teamed! are you people blind?!?!?

P A T H E T I C!

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

If I am fighting to win I will use every (legal) trick in the book. Somebody's opinion of me based on their preconcieved views has no slot in my bank as opposed to the spoils of victory. I will GLADLY do everything within my power to win because that is the whole point in fighting. Pot, Pray, Protection Pray, Entangle, ANYTHING that gives me an edge I will gladly use. If you don't want people using certain things against you there is a perfect place: duel arena. Jagex has made a game where your every combat whine has been answered in some fashion; so if you don't like what can happen where you are, go to where that can't happen.

"Prayer Noob" in the wildy is just another device for the pker to maximize their profits. The easier you are to kill, the better their chances of getting your stuff. Guess what? I like my stuff and will gladly use every advantage I have to keep it... and get your's.

The ONLY two exceptions (personally):

DM's - I wouldn't trust anyone in-game with a bronze dagger why would I meet them in the wildy? It is absolutely idiotic when there is a duel arena that doesn't allow CHEATING!!! BUT if you agree to not use prayer then you are truly lame if you go back on your word.

Speed - If (for some strange reason) you and your opponent are trying to kill each other in the fastest possible manner then you should agree on no prayer (see DM's above). This does NOT apply to CW unless you made some sort of agreement with your opponent (keep your melee pro off and I will too, etc.), this does NOT apply to fight pits since there is only one winner and the prize has actual value, this does NOT apply to duel arena (again, unless you both decide on no prayers beforehand).

Basically, I think that if you say something you should stick to it (in-game or life). Other than that all is fair in love and war. [/end rant]

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

If I am fighting to win I will use every (legal) trick in the book. Somebody's opinion of me based on their preconcieved views has no slot in my bank as opposed to the spoils of victory. I will GLADLY do everything within my power to win because that is the whole point in fighting. Pot, Pray, Protection Pray, Entangle, ANYTHING that gives me an edge I will gladly use. If you don't want people using certain things against you there is a perfect place: duel arena. Jagex has made a game where your every combat whine has been answered in some fashion; so if you don't like what can happen where you are, go to where that can't happen.

"Prayer Noob" in the wildy is just another device for the pker to maximize their profits. The easier you are to kill, the better their chances of getting your stuff. Guess what? I like my stuff and will gladly use every advantage I have to keep it... and get your's.

The ONLY two exceptions (personally):

DM's - I wouldn't trust anyone in-game with a bronze dagger why would I meet them in the wildy? It is absolutely idiotic when there is a duel arena that doesn't allow CHEATING!!! BUT if you agree to not use prayer then you are truly lame if you go back on your word.

Speed - If (for some strange reason) you and your opponent are trying to kill each other in the fastest possible manner then you should agree on no prayer (see DM's above). This does NOT apply to CW unless you made some sort of agreement with your opponent (keep your melee pro off and I will too, etc.), this does NOT apply to fight pits since there is only one winner and the prize has actual value, this does NOT apply to duel arena (again, unless you both decide on no prayers beforehand).

Basically, I think that if you say something you should stick to it (in-game or life). Other than that all is fair in love and war. [/end rant]

Praying doesnt give you an advantage at all, the other player will use it as well, making the result of the fight still the same and just take 5 minutes longer, and have no possibility of a ko for either side..

Gee isnt this fun? no, id rather watch paint dry.

You know what really ticks me off? When you are pking and you get teamed so you prayer...and they call you a noob for praying. Well duh, first of all you have the right and second you are getting teamed. Why can't people just be mature? It really is sad...

My Main

bronzemzammyvest,nikoli40.gif

nikoli40.gif

One thing that bugs me is people who pray in castle wars. I mean it just slows down the fight. The only praying 1 v 1 I find somewhat acceptable is against mages. Its no fun to sit there and get ice barraged till you die.

when he instigated the fight in the first place.

do you know how many fights in the wildy i have "instegated"? ZERO

and do you know how many times ive had fights in the wildy? NOT ZERO

unless walkin around in the wilderness with a dragon dagger, black d hide chaps and chest is insteigation i haven't done anything to provoke anyone.

and EVERYONE, except for about 4 cases(1 time was team) i was above their combat... 1 guy was like 108 i was like 93, 1 guy was like 102 i was like 97 and a team of 105 107 110 and 122...

doin agility sure the hell isnt instigation.

i know what you mean, its not fun to get into a fight, and then have some1 pull out an unfair advantage, once i was going to the mage bank for a clue or agility or something, a lvl 90 entangles me(3 steps from the ladder), im like lvl 100 at this time, and then their lvl 87ish friend attacks ME and when i start hittin #'s with my d dagger, guess what, i get entangled again, and the 90 starts to range me... definately not fun. and i definately would have won them unprovoked fights

and any1 who says theirs wild honor = dumb as hell. because either your in RSC or, your not gettin attacked by the same idiots as i am. because i see no point in attacking some1 doing agility or 3 iteming it to a CLUE.

prayer when doing clues = fine, prayer when NOT pking = fine. prayer when fighting pker agianst pker, maybe if its a big disadvantage, like ancient magic against your melee

I think praying gets a bad rap because of people praying when it's 1 on 1, someone starts losing so they pull out prayer. Same with the 10 on 1 when one of the 10 uses it. I think it's fine in some instances like using strength/attack/defence boosting prayers because alot more people can use it and that's really what I'm after, hitting more and higher.

Slack_Tide.png