May 16th 2006 - Game Engine Updated!

Arcticrunite

Maybe you can, but maybe i cant..

And for the URL typing, maybe skilled players now you shouldnt go to these urls, but our newer players dont know anything about stuff like that.. :lol:

Newer players have less to lose, they will learn from their mistakes if they are silly enough to go to these URL's. Plus they are supposed to know not to visit them, because if they actually bothered to read the stuff jagex writes in the rules and help guides, i'm sure it says not to visit any urls.

Ero.

Mystical+Jin.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My text doesn't even show up when I hit enter... :?

also my problem

You might wanna remove yourself from your own ignore list :wink:

hehe lol

more people have that problem 3 of my friends have while i dont have it, i have no idea what it is but it is kinda funny

ty that you sloved my problem... :oops: i putted meself on my ignore list about 6months ago... for fun...

woot i can use the normal chat now!!!!!! (lived 4 hours with pm only)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I hate this update!

I typ, and 6 seconds later, it shows up.

Loading is unbelievably slow.

I can hardly move...

You can typ URLs..

Time to quit rs..

The 6 second wait means, that you have always lagged six seconds. Before you could see your message instantly, now you see it when others see it. So, basically, you are lagging 6 seconds all the times. Do your moves lag us much? Try clicking somewhere and pressing enter on your message at the same time. If the text appears at the same time or a little later than your characters movement, everything's ok.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

This got rid of many of the autoers, which makes it one of the best updates this year. Hopefully jagex will be able to keep autoers under control now and not let the same things happen again.

Everything is working fine for me. I use the runescape client because I dont like seeing the URL bar n stuff liek that at the top of the page in firefox/IE. But so far the client works fine for me.

The chat doesnt bother me because i really dont talk to anyone in rs...my friends list consists of about 5 people that ive known since rsc :D

The only downside to this update for me is loading. The game (for me) actually loads SLOWER then before. It takes longer to "load the game engine" and "check for updates" then it took to load the game before. Before the red bar took about 2 secs to load tops, now it takes like 5 lol.

Not that it matters, because its still fast enough.

I guess the faster loading is more for slower comps to load faster, which will be good for my friend.

Theres always bugs after huge updates like this....just dont trade for a few days, go train a skill. You cant really complain if u get scammed from a bug...you KNOW people in rs are only out for their own personal gain and will scam others any chance they get

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

This is senseless.

First they turn the O into (/) because people couldnt see the difference.

Now they turn the I into l So we once again cant see the difference.

My friend named I t3l3 I is now called

l t3l3 l <-- Actually funny because he's harder to bee looked up now :P

Wow this lag is terrible. I have a 2-3 second delay on everything I do in game. :cry:

I think I might log off for the night and hopefully a majority of people will have finshed downloading the update by tomorrow. Fingers crossed that will clear the problem up. :?:

rspoo0sg.jpg

I hate this update!

I typ, and 6 seconds later, it shows up.

Loading is unbelievably slow.

I can hardly move...

You can typ URLs..

Time to quit rs..

The 6 second wait means, that you have always lagged six seconds. Before you could see your message instantly, now you see it when others see it. So, basically, you are lagging 6 seconds all the times. Do your moves lag us much? Try clicking somewhere and pressing enter on your message at the same time. If the text appears at the same time or a little later than your characters movement, everything's ok.

uhhh the menus load from the server and even they lag me. Everything isnt ok. And it DEFINITELY does NOT mean he has always lagged six seconds, there's much more information being exchanged between the client and the server now that it's slowing the game down.

Now i have to load the menus from the server every time i play and i can VISIBLY watch them load. who are u to say there lag hasn't changed? It has. Everything the client now doesn't do adds to his supposed six seconds, for your information.

It's been established that there's a lot more going on serverside (IE : relying a lot more on your internet connection) So how can you tell someone they lag just as much now as they ever did previously :lol:

The menus aren't precached, how freaking pointless & vastly annoying

The client doesnt do ANY legwork anymore and I'm on a shared line with my entire college (home in a week, but still)

Even if the lag is were same (which ive established, isn't so) and just more noticeable, it's making movement too clunky to play because you have more opportunities to click a new spot to move to and mess the character's pathfinding up. (IE, u lag out and click 2-3 spots, your character goes haywire)

they found a way to stop macroers : make the game unplayable :?

They always say they want this game to work on a wide variety of computers/internet connections...This is a step in the wrong direction

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

If noone noticed, notes now say "Swap this note at a bank for the equivalent item" istead of "for a monkfish" or whatever

hmm...sounds like a product of the lessening of memory needs

instead of loading tons of notes for each item on examine, it keeps one examine for all

#5102 to get 99 cooking

Current Attack XP - 7,3xx,xxx - Going for 99

For people having serious lag issues, try switching worlds. I tried playing some Castle Wars today on a popular server, but it was nearly impossible. However, world 36 was running good as ever :)

(I'm to lazy to read 7 pages of this topic...)

Since I couldn't find a hidden update topic, I'll just post the random hidden update I found cleaning my bank. Jagex changed the rabbit meat. It doesn't look like a chicken anymore, rather a disturbing skinned bunny :cry:

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

for anyone that cares, this means bye bye to all java bots (as in macroing). so this is a pretty big blow to autoers, while an overall enhancement to the game..very nice move on jagex's part.

There are still SCAR scripts, which from what I understand, autoclick colors, not actually using game code. So they're still out there I should think.

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif