Locked Account? Passwords Leaked? - Main Discussion Thread

ForsakenMage

yeah, and i just got declined now...

I have a customer support number for Worldpay. If you call that, you can probably have them tell you the information you need.

I'll be doing that soon.

Worldpay Customer Support: 1-800-661-7079

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew. It's a good thing my username here isn't the same as my Runescape Username. I've forgotten my recovery questions and I never wrote them down. And also, I never use the same password twice.

Noctis666.png

It isn't sloppy security... NO computer or website attached to the internet is completely safe from hackers, viruses, etc. My account wasn't even locked at all, so I'm assuming that only the people whos passwords and usernames on tip.it matched their rs username and password actually had their account locked?

It is sloppy, when I've posted about it not once but three times dating back to March.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=278 ... bb#2786749

siganizq4.gif

Whew...Finally, after seven tries, I got my account back. :) :oops: This time keeping my RS password different and also changing my recovery questions to things I can actually remember. (and I also wrote the answers down)

77 Combat || 1620+ Skill Total || Owner of Fire Cape

Alright people, here's what you need to get to get the account recovered.

If you do not have credit card information, call this number (1-800-661-7079) and press 1 and 1 at each of the option screens. This will give you a customer support representative. Tell him you do not have a company ID number, but you have a question about your Worldpay account. Give the person your credit card number and your address. You can then ask for your Transaction ID and Agreement number. The transaction ID should be a 9 digit number, while the agreement id will be in the format of Username_:#######. THE 7 NUMBERS ARE THE NUMBERS YOU NEED! Afterwards, you'll need the PIN number from THE CREDIT CARD USED IN THE TRANSACTION. This is the pin number you want. After this, all the information you need should be available, although it may require a few seconds for Customer Support to receive the information and process it.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I didn't have my account locked; my Tip.It password was different from my RuneScape one. All my wilderness scouts have the same pass as my Tip.It one.

I think smart, you should too :D

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

guys, remember to look at my post about how to get the credit card information. That'll help you out severely.

f475e02ecc.png

Did everyone who had their accounts locked have the same password on both sites?

My account was not locked but I had different passwords.

:?:

Weird thing, about half an hour ago I got a PM from someone and it said "Of your account". I have never spoken to or met this person so what on earth is that about. I questioned this person but got no reply and they are now on my ignore list :shock:

Did everyone who had their accounts locked have the same password on both sites?

Weird thing, about half an hour ago I got a PM from someone and it said "Of your account". I have never spoken to or met this person so what on earth is that about. I questioned this person but got no reply and they are now on my ignore list :shock:

If the person who pmed you doesn't have a silver or gold crown next to their name do not trust them. If the person who pmed you doesn't, then it is probably some random player that has heard of this panic and is just trying to scare you. If the person does, then you should ask the mod what he means. But in this case, the mod didn't respond. Next step, I would just stop talking to him. If he says something again then try asking him again.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

If the person who pmed you doesn't have a silver or gold crown next to their name do not trust them. If the person who pmed you doesn't, then it is probably some random player that has heard of this panic and is just trying to scare you. If the person does, then you should ask the mod what he means. But in this case, the mod didn't respond. Next step, I would just stop talking to him. If he says something again then try asking him again.

If he's pretending to be one of the Jagex staff and doesn't have that gold crown next to his name, remember to report him for staff impersonation.

Noctis666.png

I have the same usename, but nowhere near the same password. I got locked, must have been the username.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

My user is the same, but I always use dirastically different strings of letters and numbers for my user and pass anywhere... I probubly abuse the "forgot password" button more then most people, but at least I'm safe ;)

Maybe it was only the people who's account info was possibly leaked?

If your account was not locked but you used the same pass and username here and at runescape.com. PLEASE CHANGE BOTH! TO DIFFERNT ONES.

It maybe that Jagex hasn't caught up with your account yet. They have been extremely busy over whats happened and with their new engine as well, has been extremely busy time for them there.

So if you think that you did have pass and username excately the same as on runescape. DON'T wait, changed it now! Please.

note: excuse my bad spelling i can't spell at all today..

Ok my denials where all in about 2 minutes. Ive had the last request pending for about 34 hours. Has it taken anyone else that long. This was my tenth try, and cant believe its taking this long. Actually called and got the ID number from worldpay but havent been able to submit it b/c only one request at a time.

BTW i'm having real problems with the way this thread views. pops up as a right to left page and all the characters are in unicode squares.