Locked Account? Passwords Leaked? - Main Discussion Thread

ForsakenMage

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we don't have any of the transaction and agreement numbers, are we screwed? :x
You should still be able to recover it with other information... >_> They do ask for security questions + previous passwords.

Key point in all of this:

It's all down to the user to be responsible fully for the security of their account(s). We and Jagex have told people constantly not to use the same password for RuneScape and fansites. If you keep your passwords different, you will not be having problems of being locked out in the first place. :|

No matter wher eyou go on the Internet, no site is 100% safe. We the staff at Tip.it have strove to do our best to provide the most secure environment for you, but it's all down to you to see if you decide to keep up with security updates, updated anti-virus software and anti-spyware scanners, as well as the basic "don't use the same password for RuneScape and other sites."

if we don't have any of the transaction and agreement numbers, are we screwed? :x
You should still be able to recover it with other information... >_> They do ask for security questions + previous passwords.

Key point in all of this:

It's all down to the user to be responsible fully for the security of their account(s). We and Jagex have told people constantly not to use the same password for RuneScape and fansites. If you keep your passwords different, you will not be having problems of being locked out in the first place. :|

No matter wher eyou go on the Internet, no site is 100% safe. We the staff at Tip.it have strove to do our best to provide the most secure environment for you, but it's all down to you to see if you decide to keep up with security updates, updated anti-virus software and anti-spyware scanners, as well as the basic "don't use the same password for RuneScape and other sites."

I agree fully, but that isn't the extent of the problems. Most people do not keep the receipt they get over e-mail. This creates problems. Even though I have been able to provide all additional information, I am not getting my account back atm because I cannot provide that information...

Noproblem22.png

Hopefully someone that knows more about recovery a members account can help you with that last bit. :| Wish I could give more information to help you, but I'm strictly pure F2P atm. >_

A question for everyone who has gotten their accounts unlocked: what information have you filled in? I have been filling in all the recovery question answers, a transaction number, an agreement number, and three previous passwords, but no luck. All of them have gotten rejected and qhen I go to track the query, the message from Jagex tells me to give them more information. This is getting frustrating...

So what information did you guys put in to get a successful unlocking? Is there anything else I can do? Any help would be appreciated.

O.K. first of all my rs pass and my forum pass are different and yet my account got locked .. To get it unlocked you need to give them as much info about you as possible,, I gave them my birthday, how long I have been playing,, last time I logged in , and even gave them my bank name I use to pay for my account.. It took me 3 trys to convince them it was me. Just keep writing to them and give them more info they will unlock it sooner or later.. I will say it again your account can and will be locked if you have different pass for this forum and rs . And now I hear people are dieing from a random bug, from the new game engine . geesh what next :roll:

queenvalerie.png

This is apsolutely, positively, the dumbest thing Jagex has ever done. Not only is this a huge annoyance to a lot of players, it is totally unecessary. I'm sure the majority of people who have accounts here do not use the same pass for their rs character and if they do, it's their problem to deal with. Why inconvenience hundreds of players because of this crap?

Fortunately for me, my forum name is not the name of my main so after finding out about this utter bull, when I logged into my main, all was fine. But then I thought....what about that account I made out of boredom by this name on f2p. I go to log in it, and it's locked. I don't think I even set personal details, or recovery questions for that account since I use it so seldom but dangit, there goes like 250 total level and like 70k worth of stuff i had accumulated on there.

O.K. first of all my rs pass and my forum pass are different and yet my account got locked .. To get it unlocked you need to give them as much info about you as possible,, I gave them my birthday, how long I have been playing,, last time I logged in , and even gave them my bank name I use to pay for my account.. It took me 3 trys to convince them it was me. Just keep writing to them and give them more info they will unlock it sooner or later.. I will say it again your account can and will be locked if you have different pass for this forum and rs . And now I hear people are dieing from a random bug, from the new game engine . geesh what next :roll:

I think the whole point was that they were dum enough to go through the members list and the tip.it list and any names that matched up get locked "just in case" they were idiotic enough to put their rs password on this forum...When really it's just so that people can know their names without putting it in their sig/avvy or because this is a runescape fansite

EDIT: What happened to all our sigs?

EDIT2: if anyone tells me it was jagex or jagex telling tip.it to take sigs away in case they have passwords in ill be annoyed

TifSig.jpg

Regards to signatures: They'll be back soon as we sort out more important things like fixing up templates, putting in the security modifications, etc.

Like everyone else, I didn't have any of my credit card information and couldn't get my account unlocked. I emailed WorldPay customer support and this is the response I received (In thirty minutes, mind you):

----------

Subject

Assistance Required

Discussion Thread

Response (Esteban Garces)

18 May 2006 12:00 AM

Dear ,

Thank you for your incident.

Please note that we will need for you to phone us with your credit card details so that we may further assist you.

Please call us at 1-800-661-7079 and be sure to choose the merchant options when calling.

----------

Therefore, if you need to retrieve your credit card information, simply dial their 1-800 number and someone will assist you in giving it to you. That's what I had to do to get my credit card details.

If you need to give credit details. Then I'm screwed. As my computer stopped working a few weeks ago and all the infomation was on there.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

As a FUTURE safegaurd , I would suggest that every month when members recieve the

"Confirmation : CARD Transaction"

email that they save it to a folder in their email client or write the transaction id down for later reference.

I know it doesnt help anyone right now , but theres a lesson to be learned in everything :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Yes, i nowe have recovered my account thanks to not deleting my 800+ emails i have in there :)

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Just sent in my info, hope it gets done on time.

And yes, i am rather angry at tip.it. I do believe this could have been avoided, but meh.

I'll just have to wait and see.

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

Please call us at 1-800-661-7079 and be sure to choose the merchant options when calling.

Well, I wrote down this number, unfortunately, it's 6:30 in the morning right now from where I'm typing, I have to leave for school in 15 minutes and my mother, who owns the credit card I use, is too busy getting ready for work...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

luckyly i had a bank pin etc... ive no items lost...

ill never use the same pass again...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Once they see that only one person has repeatedly tried to get their account back they will eventually accept. Quite inconvenient but at least you will get your account back.

My account was locked once because I was teasing a friend and pretending that I was somebody from california and bought my account. He had just started playing (like that week) so I figured that he wouldn't know how to report. Not only did he figure it out he sent a gazillion reports while I was faking him out. I told him the truth and called him a name unique to him and he says "Dude I reported you like 500 times!" I wasn't worried but guess what? They locked it (and yes for good reason lol).

I sent 3 requests and had an error on each one (password, number, and one other one the third time). At that point it had been a week and I was fed up. I sent them this:

I have sent in several password request forms and have been denied yet again. Nobody else is trying to access my account or unlock it. All the requests were from the same ip/comp. It was a bad joke and I am impressed that you took swift action but unlock my account or lose a customer.

It worked for me. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

[sarcasm on]

only took me 6 tries :) :) :)

[/sarcasm off]

the 5th try actually got through and they changed my pass , but they didn't unlock my account :roll:

so i had to send in a 6th one too.

greets

mrblack666

mrblack666.png

barrow drops : 1 x torag's helmet , 1 x dharok's helmet, 1 x karil's top

goals : going for 75 rcing

How long does it take for Jagex to react?

This is really silly. Okay, I've been a dumb [wagon]. But yesterday, as soon as I saw the 'happy' news on RS and Tip.It, I immediately changed my pass. Without any trouble. Because Jagex advised me to. So now I log back in, and now I am suspect for changing my password.

Deep sigh.

I don't pay by credit card, but by PayByCash, so I could not give them the necessary info to immediately retrieve my account, even though I set recovery questions and answered them right.

This is no fun.

---

Edit: wagon??? You can't even say the equivalent of "donkey"? LOL!

Mine took about a min.

Signature3.gif

I get declined time and again too.

I entered the day I subscribed, for how long, the price, my bank account number, the order ID from paybycash, how long I've been playing, answers to earlier recovery questions etc.

I don't know what more I can do *sob*

--

Edit:

Apparently, Jagex finally took mercy on me. My last try was successful, I gave them old answers to old recovery questions. Good luck, everyone!