Java white wash

Daveyboyz

Recently I seem to get the phenomenon of the screen going white on a quite regular basis. Even though the screen is white I can hear the game is still in operation and by carefully guessing where the buttons are I actually managed to text a friend a message before running to a safespot and logging out.

Sometimes if I minimise the screen and then open it again the picture comes back however sometimes it does not, and is clearly dangerous especially in situations where I am praying in order to survive.

Does anyone know what causes this? Could it be something to do with the new game engine or perhaps my setup... The thing is I am worried to do anything like barrows for fear of it occurring and me losing my stuff.

If this has happened to you feel free to tell us about it.

I get the same problem, quite annoying.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

happens alot to me when i log in, i just get a white screen, so i cant play :(

i think it has to do with the servers not being able to handle so many players at once, java ftl

Every clan has their own requirements. Take DI for instance. Be a little kid with bad grammar that likes to flame and play runescape all day and you would be accepted.

^ sad but true :(

Proud member of DarkSlayers

I have not had this done to me yet. I get a grey screen some times. It is lag for me. Weird I guess. Lag would be my guess for me but not sure for you.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

But does the screen just suddenly turn white or are you switching between pages (i.e. you have one window for RS and one to surf the forum).

I know that I will get a white screen while switching between windows and sometimes if there is information still being processed (such as many things moving on screen or things that would require large amounts of images being sent to the window) the screen will return to normal, but otherwise I go back to world select and try to get back in.

But does the screen just suddenly turn white or are you switching between pages (i.e. you have one window for RS and one to surf the forum).

I know that I will get a white screen while switching between windows and sometimes if there is information still being processed (such as many things moving on screen or things that would require large amounts of images being sent to the window) the screen will return to normal, but otherwise I go back to world select and try to get back in.

Yeah that is what I am talking about when trying repage runescape from another page. It because a grey picture for me.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

i get that like when i open firefox and i log into rs and while its loggin me in i usually go to tip.it and sign in and when i get back it turns while and i usually got to reload page and log back in or randomly it turns white when i open something else

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

i get it alot when Im flipping between forums. Only bad whn im in a dangerous spot.

But, if you are reading forums when you are in a dangerous location you deserve what you get.

I've never had it happen when I was was in the runescape screen only.If anything I would get a connection lost waiting to re-establish message.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Just FYI, it happens because of a lack of virtual memory at the time of you switching windows. Your screen will not just randomly go blank, its always a result of switching or having your PC running other tasks. Your PC simply doesn't have enough memory to quickly transfer the visual pixels over at the time, and so it simply doesn't. Rebooting your PC often will help minimize the risk of it, as the longer a PC (not a mac) is on, the more unstable it becomes, so every hour or two simply reboot and it will happen a lot less frequently.

=\

newbankofrsyq0.gif

yep happens a bunch of times. Mainly happens when i'm flipping to e-mail and game and flipping between tabs. Its a pain, especially since i spent like 20 min. trying to get w2 and then had to log.

Just FYI, it happens because of a lack of virtual memory at the time of you switching windows. Your screen will not just randomly go blank, its always a result of switching or having your PC running other tasks. Your PC simply doesn't have enough memory to quickly transfer the visual pixels over at the time, and so it simply doesn't. Rebooting your PC often will help minimize the risk of it, as the longer a PC (not a mac) is on, the more unstable it becomes, so every hour or two simply reboot and it will happen a lot less frequently.

=\

I don't believe that is the only reason, but one of many. I have 1GB of RAM in my laptop and I still get it all the time. The most I am ever using at once (peak in the perfomance tab) is around 550MB, and that is with two+ runescape worlds loaded up and a few other browser windows for tip.it etc. I also only get it on certain worlds, world 78 being one of the worst. I have to set the client that I have runescape loaded up in to a higher CPU priority to keep it from going white. Once it goes white, it stays white.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

I can get it 100% when i play on a f2p world while using an adblocker and i switch to another window that contains another java app on it. doesnt happen on computer without the adblocker.

so yeah, many possiblities for this.

-nat

That only happens to me when I use firefox, or I have something loading in the back ground, like If i just opened a application, then i switch over to the screen, but thats because my other computer doesnt have enough memory.

Quit runescape...

happens when you flip between rs and forums. Period.

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

Yes, very annoying.

You should reload the world, problem is fixed then most of the time.

Also, when it becomes white, it doesnt always stay white. Try Alt Tabbing alot between rs browser and another one, sometimes you get the rs screen back, but when you select another page, like the forums, it will most likely be white again.

i advice you to reload the world to solve your problems :wink:

85slayer8by.jpg

I have not had this done to me yet. I get a grey screen some times. It is lag for me. Weird I guess. Lag would be my guess for me but not sure for you.

i got it too. Lag i think but only for like 5 sdconds. And its gray

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

I know that I'll get that sometimes, and I know exactly why it happens for me.

I use the Runescape Client, and I'll have both a Runescape Game Window and Runescape Forums open, both Maximized. If I switch to the forums, and switch back to the game, I get the white wash effect, and I'm rarely in a dangerous situation where I can't just X out of the window and reopen. To fix that... I just stopped maximizing the Forum Window. If I switch to the forums then, the game doesn't White Wash on me, regardless if the game was completely covered by the Forums or not.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat