The Best Teleports for the Portal Room

Lord-kain1

okay ive seen some talk abt where to put your house if you want it to be a tele hub, but none on the exact portals people would be installing

from what i see 1 room can have a max of 3 portals... thats 3 teles so which 3 would be best? asuming your only making the 1 portal room and not going ape with every portal

I would suggest ardougne, watch tower, and kharyrll(canifis) they are the most expensive and having a central hub for these would make it much more effective, plus if your teleing to your house you might as well use tele to one of the other places since it would cost same amount of runes basicly

your thoughts?

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Very good point. I have been looking at where to put the house based on what's around but if you're going to use your house for a vastly cheaper way of teleportation you're going to want to go with the higher end teleports.

The Canafis one is ideal as the Ectophial is still a bit of a ways off, Ardougne again is perfect because just about wherever your adventures take you you might just end up in Ardougne and the Watchtower is a good idea as well but may be purposeless if you're a high level "constructionist" and put your house in Yanille. But looking at it from having your home still in Rimmington or another far off place than putting a watchtower is worthwhile as well for easier access to the southern regions of that kingdom.

The 3 you put there are ideal. I can guess most people will put the Canifis one for the reasons listed above. The other two as you said are most expensive, great thinking.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Just out of curiosity... do you need the required magic level (or quest) to charge a portal? Could I make a Canafis portal without Magicks?

That is my biggest question too. If anyone knows, an answer would be much appreciated.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I guess my list is

Canafis (Better to get abbys)

And the others i can tele from Study room

With the Teak Eagle Book

Ability to make:

Enchant sapphire, Varrock, Falador, Lumbridge, Camelot and Ardougne teleport

id would do ardougne edge ville forgot ancient name for it and canifis one dont remember name for it either cuz that way i can do barrows quick and i dont do abby nats yet but once i do edge tele would work well

You can only use Canifis teleport out of the ancient spells. (Unless the higher level ones allow more)

Actually there are 4 portals!

The centre one and the 3 edge ones! :D

Also, if you make the centre one a scrying portal, you can look at what is happening there (like Desert Tresure scrying mirrors) as well as use it as a portal!

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

There isn't 4 teleports. The centerpiece, based on the description, is what you use to assign teleports to the portals. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what the Knowledge Base is making me believe.

As for the Portals... The three expensive ones would be obvious choices. If I were to have a POH... I would probably eventually make myself two portal rooms and have every teleport except for the lumbridge one.

Varrock definitly seems like a must for anyone who really wants to train construction. The bank and the saw mill are in that area.

The Watchtower teleport seems cheap. You're only really paying 100 teleports to have it. And since I've probably done well over 100 of any of those teleports... it would definitly pay off.

I look at it this way. The runecrafters wouldn't have a problem adding any of these portals at all.

With the Teak Eagle Book

Ability to make:

That lectern is only used to make stone tablets. Its not an actual portal that gives infinite teleports.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

There isn't 4 teleports. The centerpiece, based on the description, is what you use to assign teleports to the portals. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what the Knowledge Base is making me believe.

As for the Portals... The three expensive ones would be obvious choices. If I were to have a POH... I would probably eventually make myself two portal rooms and have every teleport except for the lumbridge one.

Varrock definitly seems like a must for anyone who really wants to train construction. The bank and the saw mill are in that area.

The Watchtower teleport seems cheap. You're only really paying 100 teleports to have it. And since I've probably done well over 100 of any of those teleports... it would definitly pay off.

I look at it this way. The runecrafters wouldn't have a problem adding any of these portals at all.

With the Teak Eagle Book

Ability to make:

That lectern is only used to make stone tablets. Its not an actual portal that gives infinite teleports.

Introduction

A very useful room for transportation becomes available at level 50 Construction, the Portal chamber, where you can select and teleport to various locations in RuneScape.

Key features

Portals are obviously the key in this room. If you build portals, you can then direct the portals by building a focus in the centrepiece square.

There is a cost for these teleportation portals, you must power it, by providing 100 x the runes required for the spell. For example, if you want direct to Camelot, you will need 500 Air runes, and 100 Law runes to power it.

Please note: You will still get Magic experience for directing the portal, but it will only be 10 x the experience for casting, not 100 times.

The large advantage of this is that when it is done, the portal provides infinite teleports for anyone who uses it, so if you and a group of friends wish to leave you house to a location, you can all run through the portal and be teleported.

you just looked at the wrong place...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

With the Teak Eagle Book

Ability to make:

Introduction

A very useful room for transportation becomes available at level 50 Construction, the Portal chamber, where you can select and teleport to various locations in RuneScape.

Key features

Portals are obviously the key in this room. If you build portals, you can then direct the portals by building a focus in the centrepiece square.

There is a cost for these teleportation portals, you must power it, by providing 100 x the runes required for the spell. For example, if you want direct to Camelot, you will need 500 Air runes, and 100 Law runes to power it.

Please note: You will still get Magic experience for directing the portal, but it will only be 10 x the experience for casting, not 100 times.

The large advantage of this is that when it is done, the portal provides infinite teleports for anyone who uses it, so if you and a group of friends wish to leave you house to a location, you can all run through the portal and be teleported.

you just looked at the wrong place...

actully i believe y2g is correct, the center is NOT a portal; it is a focusing mechanic not an actual portal; if you look in the knowledge base you will see the room, 1 door; the other 3 sides have a portal each and in the center is the focus stand read futher on past the part you quoted to see what i mean

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

I'm glad everyone is taking a shining to this thread and that i have people agreeing with me *is shocked* lol well also i dont know if its even possible to have more then one portal room; as it stands now your only allowed 1 games room so it would make sense that only 1 portal; can anyone confirm? im a few lvls away so lol

LK1

Not only that, LK1, but he also quoted part of it himself. He just didn't read it.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Sorry about that guys, I actually took 1 hour to read the whole Construction area on KB, I should get my eyes checked! :roll:

Anyway, 2 teleport rooms, 6 teleports, if you have a house in Yanille, no need for watchtower! Easy, job done!

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Do you have to do the required quests to charge your portal for a certain spell? (plague city for ardy, watchtower for yanille, and desert treasure for kharyrll)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Also, if you make the centre one a scrying portal, you can look at what is happening there (like Desert Tresure scrying mirrors) as well as use it as a portal!

I have a portal room. there are only 3 portals, the center directs the portals (where u set them to the teleport u want)

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

i have a canafis teleport, which is also located closely to my alter room. With level 65 (67 from tea) i will make the lecturn which allows tele to home stones, with those you could make a tomn of tele to home stones, and go barrowing since they are 1 space, and stackable. Break a stone (the animation rocks) and tele to home, pray at alter then go to canafis through the teleport portal, what else do you want? :P

I have a portal room. there are only 3 portals, the center directs the portals (where u set them to the teleport u want)

at higher levels you can make a scrying one into a teleporter.

rsn = popeater.

The portals being cheap teleports is only partly true since you need to teleport into your house aswell, which costs 1 law. Using a portal that provides a 1 law teleport spell would be anything but free since you already used a law in getting there.

The portals to ardougne and watchtower are free after 200 uses since you pay 100 times the runes cost (which is 200 laws) and use 1 law to get to your house.

Note: These numbers only count if you are the only one using the portals. When you got some friends/clan coming over they can all use the portal, which makes it a nice investment. Also the glory mounted on the wall can be used infinitely by yourself and your friends.

The best 3 portals would therefor be watchtower, ardougne and canifis, with your house located in relleka. This way you can barrow with a lyre in your inventory (takes only 1 inventory space), tele to relleka, enter your house, pray, tele to canifis, bank and back to barrows. Man, are we going to be flooded with barrows armor or what?

EDIT:

i have a canafis teleport, which is also located closely to my alter room. With level 65 (67 from tea) i will make the lecturn which allows tele to home stones, with those you could make a tomn of tele to home stones, and go barrowing since they are 1 space, and stackable. Break a stone (the animation rocks) and tele to home, pray at alter then go to canafis through the teleport portal, what else do you want?

Wow that's even better! With those tablets you can make your house in Yanille, so you won't need that portal.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)