-The Legends of Runescape-

buffrichie

Geer, id cut you, myeslf, and milo off the list.. not saying we aren't cool... but if you include us thers 200 other people I would have included first :?

Rest are certainly worthy :D

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone remeber the one man who was a grandfather and one of the first power crafters who was responsible, along with tks for the distribution of the first drag ammys. he would always post the most amazing hillarious stories on the scapeboards. i think it was warrior56? he was a hero/legend to me

http://rsinn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2375 :)

thank you! :)

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

The Old Nite and Choppermad - they were 2 and 3 behind Zezima for the longest time.

Empror1 - Led firemaking charts forever

W13 - Runs zybez :lol:

3 Hit U - One of the best and richest players. And still has 1 def.

Duke Freedom - Was one of the richest and best merchants. Before, well, you know.

Your mention of Charlie187 brings back fond memories. :-({|=

duke freedom was a merchant, he can't be a legend, neither can 3 hit u or w13. duke freedom was a great merchant but that don't make him no rs legend. 3 hit u was not "one of the best" players in rs because he's just an ordinary pure. w13 made zybez so what.... if u saw his stats in rs, they're not any good because he barely plays rs so he can't be no legend.

Empror1 i'll say is a legend because he's dominated rank 1 in firemaking for years now.

god some of u people don't know anything who and who aren't legends in rs

Merchanting is part of the game, as is pking, skilling, and staking, also elements. I fail to see how someone who was remembered for pking is any more of a legend than someone remembered for merchanting, especially when Duke contributed to the community (by informing people about rares) - unlike most pkers. My point is that it's not up to you to define what a legend is.

And I'd say add Oergg to the list. He didn't necessarily achieve any firsts, but he's one of the best overall community players and definitely made his fair share of contributions to it.

The Old Nite and Choppermad - they were 2 and 3 behind Zezima for the longest time.

Duke Freedom - Was one of the richest and best merchants. Before, well, you know.

duke freedom was a merchant, he can't be a legend, neither can 3 hit u or w13. duke freedom was a great merchant but that don't make him no rs legend. 3 hit u was not "one of the best" players in rs because he's just an ordinary pure. w13 made zybez so what.... if u saw his stats in rs, they're not any good because he barely plays rs so he can't be no legend.

Empror1 i'll say is a legend because he's dominated rank 1 in firemaking for years now.

Merchanting is part of the game, as is pking, skilling, and staking, also elements. I fail to see how someone who was remembered for pking is any more of a legend than someone remembered for merchanting, especially when Duke contributed to the community (by informing people about rares) - unlike most pkers. My point is that it's not up to you to define what a legend is.

And I'd say add Oergg to the list. He didn't necessarily achieve any firsts, but he's one of the best overall community players and definitely made his fair share of contributions to it.

Oergg has like the best attitude in the game. he's a nice guy, i'm sure he will be. I don't define pkers as a legend unless they have a good voice in pking/leading clan. merchants i don't think they're legends because when they keep merchanting, they do get rich but the money cap goes up once in a while

Oergg has like the best attitude in the game. he's a nice guy, i'm sure he will be. I don't define pkers as a legend unless they have a good voice in pking/leading clan. merchants i don't think they're legends because when they keep merchanting, they do get rich but the money cap goes up once in a while

So you say you define a pker as a legend if he/she has a voice. Duke has a voice - that's clear. Since he talks about merchanting and not pking, he's not a legend though? You say that merchanters aren't legends because...once in awhile the money cap...goes up?

:-s

Cursed you- first to 99 construction!

Don't forget him :mrgreen:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

i agree with the statement about duke freedom and oergg.

duke was mechanting back when there were only a few of us, and unlike me and sliceman and many others, he was smart enough to realize that when hats were at their lowest in rs2, the only direction they had to go was up, so he invested in as many of them as he could. that was the smartest thing he could have done

in the end, he made exponentially more than me and the others, and thats why he is considered a legend

as for oergg, there isnt a bad thing i have to say about him. he was very modest, very real, and he never lost his little kid mentality. he would always love to walk around with his bunny ears and his leather armor and black legs. he was a very good skiller/player and was friendly to all

another person i thought about when the economy was mentioned was chewy shoe

this is the guy that made r2hs go from 900k to 200k in 3 months. he was the first person to capitalize on buying rune ores, getting them made into bars/made into r2hs. he is most widely known for having 70+ pink hats, because of his amazing deal for 5 r2hs per hat.

all true heros, but im still kind of astonished that no one agrees with me on this amazing fellow right here:

korskintherealone4gb.gif

as for pkers, respect is due for G H A N D I (along with PDJ), A S H L E Y, the jackyl, and zar family12

shorty2av.gif

Cursed you- first to 99 construction!

Don't forget him :mrgreen:

I wonder though. Does in every case achieving #1 first make you a legend? Cursed you might be legendary for other reasons, but just because at the time he had the most cash and most time shouldn't make him a legend for that reason. What is legendary is highly debatable, but someone achieving a level before someone else when everything is fair doesn't seem legendary. It might be legendary that somoene achieved something hard during rsc that is now easy in rs2, but not so much getting something faster than everyone else in my opinion.

i agree with the statement about duke freedom and oergg.

duke was mechanting back when there were only a few of us, and unlike me and sliceman and many others, he was smart enough to realize that when hats were at their lowest in rs2, the only direction they had to go was up, so he invested in as many of them as he could. that was the smartest thing he could have done

in the end, he made exponentially more than me and the others, and thats why he is considered a legend

Nice to see you posting again shorty. :)

Now those were the days. Right when rs2 was released it was so weird - there weren't any merchanters around actively merchanting anymore. Around then is when Duke and I became friends - we both decided it was best to keep our party hats though. :P

Durial321- Made Runescape history on none other then 6-6-6 lol. Seriously, allthough yes he abused a bug, which is bad lol, he was allowed to attack players outside the wildy! Jeez it's been awhile since the days you could do that. Lol but he killed so many people that day, he should be on that list. If you can't tell by now I'm a Durial supporter \' .

I knew this was going to come up..

:x

he should be up there, just because so many people hate him, dosent mean he hasnt done something historical (which he has)

Durial321- Made Runescape history on none other then 6-6-6 lol. Seriously, allthough yes he abused a bug, which is bad lol, he was allowed to attack players outside the wildy! Jeez it's been awhile since the days you could do that. Lol but he killed so many people that day, he should be on that list. If you can't tell by now I'm a Durial supporter \' .

he should be up there, just because so many people hate him, dosent mean he hasnt done something historical (which he has)

The problem is that right now is a small timeframe of rs's history. There are so many people playing now so he's mentioned more, but many people have done similar bug abuse without the recognition he's getting now, both because there are a lot more people playing now and word got out more (partially because of all the coverage, partially because there's just more people to spread the word), but in the whole scheme of things runesacpe has been out a real long time with similar events - just because he's the most recent person in the spotlight he seems bigger than he really is - and in my opinion will fade away and be forgotten soon enough. I'm sure if this was posted a year from now Durial wouldn't have been mentioned once. People are always popping in and out of the spotlight, and Durial doesn't deserve any 'permanent spotlight' at all.

The problem is that right now is a small timeframe of rs's history. There are so many people playing now so he's mentioned more, but many people have done similar bug abuse without the recognition he's getting now, both because there are a lot more people playing now and word got out more (partially because of all the coverage, partially because there's just more people to spread the word), but in the whole scheme of things runesacpe has been out a real long time with similar events - just because he's the most recent person in the spotlight he seems bigger than he really is - and in my opinion will fade away and be forgotten soon enough. I'm sure if this was posted a year from now Durial wouldn't have been mentioned once. People are always popping in and out of the spotlight, and Durial doesn't deserve any 'permanent spotlight' at all.

oh shut up.......ok so other people did do the same thing.....but the circumstances were totally different....i mean the other times it was just random fricked up occurences....this time it was different.....he took advantage of the newest and probably biggest new skill.....HE DEFINATELY NEEDS TO BE PUT IN THE RS HISTORY BOOKS.....

EDIT: the_old_nite was the best rs player ever.....he may not have had the highest skills or not even had them first he was still the highest ranking and the NICEST person of rs........and wasnt zezima the dude who MADE runescape and then sold it to jagex????? i believe he was....jw

oh shut up.......ok so other people did do the same thing.....but the circumstances were totally different....i mean the other times it was just random fricked up occurences....this time it was different.....he took advantage of the newest and probably biggest new skill.....HE DEFINATELY NEEDS TO BE PUT IN THE RS HISTORY BOOKS.....

EDIT: the_old_nite was the best rs player ever.....he may not have had the highest skills or not even had them first he was still the highest ranking and the NICEST person of rs........and wasnt zezima the dude who MADE runescape and then sold it to jagex????? i believe he was....jw

You're kidding right?

Wha.. What..? Where am I?

Follar, it's not that often I'm disagreed with. But disrespected?

You're in no position to tell anyone to shut up. How about you leave forever and come back when you can start posting with an ounce of respect.

To your post...

How were the circumstances different in other occasions? You're blabbering nothings. You probably don't even know what happened in the 'random fricked up occurances' - but that's pretty much what they were - along with this 'occurance.' Unimporant except sad for the victims of the bug. Just because he took advantage of a bug of a new and big skill doesn't make the bug any different than any similar type of bug. So no. If "RS HISTORY BOOKS" ever existed, the most he'd deserve to get would be a footnote of unimportantly stupid people along with TheRat. You Durial worshippers need to go make yourselves a forum for yourselves to post all day together about how much you idolize him. Maybe make a life size replica of the event out of clay or something. That'd be a great use of your time.

To your second paragraph. Your stupidity was pretty much proven there. You start off saying that The Old Nite may have not had the highest skills... and then you went on to say that he was the highest ranking. He kind of was both?

And no. Zezima did not make the game runescape, nor sell it to jagex. He's a regular player. Jagex created runescape.

I'd love to finish this post off with a cutting insult to your intelligence but I think you've already done that yourself.

^^ Go Adam!

I know another legend..

His name is Bawoul.

I think he is a legend because he is the only one to have danced with, wind striked, thrown a steel knife, and kicked Jad in the crotch.

:P Just kidding!

king_bawoul.png

some of you guys, but definately not all, need some manners. dont do making wild statements and then be rude to people just because they dont think the same thing as you.

but seriously, how bad to durial hurt the economy? what did he do that was so great? he killed like 50-100 players and MAYBE got like 300 mil woth of stuff, which lead to him getting banned

do you remember who the 4 people who started the major party hat duping?

im sure you dont, but you probably should.

because of them, pink (you call them purple now) hats are the lowest of all the hats, when they were at one point in time close to double the price of blues. each one of these dupers got BILLIONS and some didnt even get caught, and most people dont know their names.

want to know why? because they arent legends. they are people who abused the game. cheaters dont get remembered, much less praised as heroes

shorty2av.gif

Lol people take this Durial thing so seriously. Jeez I got yelled at for posting Durial should go into the legends book of RS. It's not like I'm completely obsessed with the guy. Adam needs to shut up before he talks. None of us so called "Durial Worshippers" really worship the guy. He found a bug, and put it to good use. If nothing else it showed something Jagex missed while making sure the update was bug free lol. He's just a random RS player (or rather he was) like any one of us, I'm sure that, with his stats, and in the position he was in, many of us would've done exactly what he did. So, don't make such a big deal about it allright? And Adam, shut up, make a lifesize clay model of the whole thing? That was just rude, this post isn't any better actually.

Oh and btw I know who the guys were that started the whole phat duping incident, and I completely worship them \' , I've made just tons and tons of LIFESIZE CLAY MODELS of them duping phats. It's oh so much fun.

No disrespect to any of you guys, especially you Adam, I don't know you and your probably a cool guy.

FREE DURIAL!!!!

Add to your sig if you agree, don't let the others lead you the wrong way.

Well... this looks like it got a little off-topic.

For me they would have to be:

Rob415: The nicest player I've ever met in rs. He taught me and my brother how to play runescape way back in '01. I liked talking to him because he was so helpful (gave me my first bronze/iron and steel sets :D ).

Bluerose13x: It's been said before at the start of this thread.

Zezima: Met him a few times and has had a somewhat starnge sense of humour. Still didn't talk much, but i'm sure he has his reasons.

Enrix E B: I'm impressed with his ranging/slayer levels and how he acts around other people. He's quite modest from what I've seen.

Mendark 9: F2P Ownage...

Fhaz: Was a buddy in rsc, but we eventually drifted apart.

and finally...

JimmyD17: He always seems to know what I'm thinking and we get along so very well. We rarely talk to each other, but that's understandable isn't it?

Slack_Tide.png

does anyone remember the guy who found a bug and made party hats...

in rsc he(i dont remember the name) found a bbug that was duplicating party hats...

so he asked for his friends for permission of their party hats and duplicated them...

next day everybody was in varrock center and i mean everybody from wild and other places came to the varrock center because everyone was hearing rumors of a guy selling party hats for 1 gp each!!!!

and it was real the guy duplicated the p-hats and sold the m for 1 gp each every one buying them every one!!!!

then in next day all the p-hats and that guy's account was gone and the bug was fixed...

Kill%20Or%20Get%20Killed.png :twisted:

chinli90.gif

chinli90.gif

chinli90.gif

all true heros, but im still kind of astonished that no one agrees with me on this amazing fellow right here:

korskintherealone4gb.gif

Korskin was a champ :o

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

Lol people take this Durial thing so seriously. Jeez I got yelled at for posting Durial should go into the legends book of RS. It's not like I'm completely obsessed with the guy. Adam needs to shut up before he talks. None of us so called "Durial Worshippers" really worship the guy. He found a bug, and put it to good use. If nothing else it showed something Jagex missed while making sure the update was bug free lol. He's just a random RS player (or rather he was) like any one of us, I'm sure that, with his stats, and in the position he was in, many of us would've done exactly what he did. So, don't make such a big deal about it allright? And Adam, shut up, make a lifesize clay model of the whole thing? That was just rude, this post isn't any better actually.

Oh and btw I know who the guys were that started the whole phat duping incident, and I completely worship them \' , I've made just tons and tons of LIFESIZE CLAY MODELS of them duping phats. It's oh so much fun.

No disrespect to any of you guys, especially you Adam, I don't know you and your probably a cool guy.

Heh, I just saw a war movie last night, mix that with the 2AM dazed effect, and you've got a first 'flame' from me. :P

Not that you need to post that I need to shut up before I talk either, because nobody with a valid opinion should hold it back, and it's obviously rude, but I wasn't being literal about durial worshippers, I just said all that to get my opinion/point across. About the phat situation - those dupers shouldn't necesarily be in 'legend books' either(moreso than durial in my opinion but what they did doesnt fit my definition of a legend) - but then again nobody has sigs with a picture of anyone else they look up to other than durial, so it kind of only could apply to him.

Buff, sorry to sway this topic further towards durial - at least we both know it's not worth mentioning him anymore.

I was, though, thinking about the definition of a legend. People were talking about 3 hit u being one, and I was wondering if someone who promotes themselves half way to a status of fame and the rest is just taken by an over inflated ego really should be a legend. Is the definition we're looking for of a legend someone who only contributed positively to the game? That's what I'd assume, but others think differently. I think this thread got a little argumentative because of that - people think of the word legend differently. I hate to bring a hitler reference, but hitler was loved by Germany and was obviously (in)famous (depending on your perception prewar), but he's no legend.

I guess a legend depends on your own perception of a person, and your own definition of what makes a legend. If we agreed to a more specific definition of runescape legendary players it would probably be easier to agree on people.

I believe the people who created the biggest problems in RS (Durial, Phat Dupers, Ect.) should have thier own section in the legends book, like maybe in the very back, in smaller print \' ?

FREE DURIAL!!!!

Add to your sig if you agree, don't let the others lead you the wrong way.