-The Legends of Runescape-

buffrichie

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started playing RS summer 05, so all i know about the old days is from hear say.

Bluerose - When i started playing, she was long gone, but after i heard a couple of stories about RSC, nobody seems as much a legend to me as her. Might be a little inappropriate comparsion, but when i was born idk Alexander the great was history for a long time. Still he is legendary. (Although Merlin, who might not even be a historical person is much more of a Legend.)

Durial - Even though i was on a 3 month break from RS at the time he became famous, when i came back the whole story was still hot. You might say the Partyhat dupe had much more impact on the game, the public doesn't know who was responsible. So the Party hat dupe itself might be legendary, but there's no name associated with it. Durial has a place in my list as the guy who killed off player characters in the middle of falador. If you'll argue that only good deeds should be worthy of legendary status, consider that Jack the Ripper is also a legend.

Duke Freedom - I can remember when i was pretty new to members, i browsed the ores 'n' bars forum and this guy had this thread: "selling 60k steel bars", which sounded insane to me. The guy was named Duke Freedom, wich is a very impressing name by itself. I remember this post, where somebody offered a yellow phat for the bars and some other guy replied: "Dude, this is Duke Freedom, not some noob who happens to have some steel bars." "Whoa, living legend", i though.

Those three are definitely the names i would associate most with RS legend.

There are some you might not even know, that i've consider(ed) heroes, like:

mugghiwplar (found his fighting cave obsession amazing), Haha28 (when i was deep into herblore, it seemed to me, as if he'd own the herblore forum. definitely one of my heroes.) ....

Cursed You made a deep impression on me to. He also has a strong name (not as strong as "Duke Freedom". Duke Freedom, from the pure sound of his name, if i wouldn't even know anything about him, is the mightiest name i ever seen on rs.

• 1 month later...

Alot of the names I see listed by people can NOT be considered a "legend" of Runescape seeing as half of them have only been around HALF of the time the game has been out. Stakers , not legends seeing as staking was not even considered until dueling came out , which was long into the game. Bug abusers I would not consider legends either , Zar Family , Muhahaha , WDB and many others. They used bugs or programs to become good fighters. Anyone could do that why would that make someone a legend?

To become a legend in some way you must have impacted things in a positive manner. Duriel NOT a legend , well known , but surely no legend.

Popularity does not make a legend either.

Yes my name is on Leos legend list , but hey that is what he thought. And also what others have said before as well. I am one of the forgotten legends as is Phillip. ( we miss ya Phil )

There are also alot of other people who can be considered legends that aren't listed there but they are those quiet ones that stayed out of the limelight.

dravensigki6.jpg

Started January 2001

Oh god...Charlie? what happened to him? he sucked at talking

And why are you saying such good things about yourself? to be honest I wouldnt really say you contributed that much, not enough to be mentioned

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

ive seen gearshifter before

he was down killing skeles in the edgeville dungeon

he was the first lvl 126 ive seen and plus ive heard he was first to 99 crafting

LTangel was the first to 99 craft
The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

I do think that top players are an insperation to everyone. One thing that annoyins me though is that every low level in the game ( some higher levels too ) always say somthing like: Oh zezima could own you!, Zezima is way stronger than you! also people name thier account names so they include him. Examples i have seen: Zezimas gurlfriend, Zezimas boyfriend (he is a guy) I love zezima. Anyway you guys know what i mean. Just one thing that annoys me.

prospektssigza4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Ok just to calify some things

King Leonardo

Legends Of PKing From 2001-2002

**In no particular order!

1. Russ An - First to PK Zonghui officially 1v1 in wild, Amazing PKing speed

2. Danny1880 - One of the most deadliest PKers ever to exist. Considered the Pioneer of RS catching

3. Angel2002/I Wicked I - The most controversial PKer during his time. Lifeless catching... lifeless luck

4. Zar Family 2 - One of the scariest pkers during his time. Not good to be caught by him and his team.

5. Robin Hood2 - The Legend of non-wild PKing.

6. Bs Arkan - The 2nd highest lvl pure during his time and posessed 1337 catching skills.

7. Max333 - One of the most skilful PKers of all time... since 2001 to 2003.

8. Paki4ever/The Lapper/Kingpin - One of the earliest pioneer of pures.

9. Polomeros - Insane high lvl PKer... crazy stats with crazy dmg

10. Who Da Best - A Legendary PKer during his time.

11. Dmxkobe8 - Considerably the pioneer of Magic-PK.. high lvl and extremely skilful.

12. Gregechidna6 - 3rd person to reach 99hp legit. Super high lvl and not to be messed with.

13. Masterlance - A controversial PKer during his time, 1337 PKing skills with mad *** stats.

100% agree, these people (most of them were in KBD...anyone remember that?) were absolutly insane. They would rock anyone hard. Awesome list!

Also, ZONGHUI was the FIRST person to 99 hits, although, Ladykilljoy had passed him and was hundreds of exp away from leveling, but was nice enough to let zonghui get 99 first, because he led for so very long.

Also, to add, KXB was the highest ranger inthe game for a very long period of time (somewhere in the range of 94) but was banned when the first banning of [Caution: Hack-Scam Site] was made. Rumors were that he killed himself shortly after, nothing confirmed though.

X Shadow X Very good pker with 99 strength, pked most of the time, great person to know if you liked to stay alive in wild. He would attack an enemy for you even if he was no food and 10 hp (knowing he would lose all his stuff) just to save your stuff.

Zar Family2 and Max333 One of the biggest rivalries in runescape after p2p came out. They hated each other with a passion and both of them died to each other probably in the range for 2-3 times a day. Awesome people, Awesome pkers.

Angel2002 Aka I Wicked I One of the best catchers of all time, This guy could even catch diagonal, and if he did, you were pretty much going to be walking from Lumb in a very short time.

Charlie187 Everyones favorite person...to hate. Most people hated him because he was a decent pker, everyone else hated him because hew dint no houw tew spel. He told me he misspelled his name 20 or so times while trying to log on (more than a couple times) all around good person though.

XxcavalierxX - one of the first merchants in the game. This man basically invented 1 def pures (although still is argued about). Was very interested in character builds and found many stat builds that tend to be better than others.

Many more people in this list, but I can't remember all. I was never a legend for any skill, but i would say a huge amount of people playing runescape knew me or knew of me.

a_c_k.png

i remember player called Lando from past...he was pretty high level at time and usually walked around with staff equipped since he was high magic and prayer at time.

First ruby ammy which i got was made by Rab...i remember clearly that moment he was making it for me at falador furnance for 5k fee and after he made it, rs server went down and we got rolled back in time so after i got back online i had only raw material for ammy so he made me that again lol

I cannot remember who made my fisrt diamond ammy but i remember well when mysticmagic got 70 crafting, she was about as popular as bluerose in smithing and everyone was bugging her but she did some free crafting when she had "manager" to deal with ppl to settle trades (Darkprince)...and not long after that she quit playing.

No-ones mentioned uloveme...

no offense but she was late starting player...so that is probably reason she is not mentioned in rs legends list because ppl in list and in players memory already gained their reputation and did something remarkable before she got around.

during my playing time from early 2001 to late 2002 think i saw her first time somewhere mid 2002 but she wasnt so high yet then.

Howdydee2001

held one of the biggest and one of the most successful RS weddings, even dropped 3 phats.

Bwareofmef

held top posiiton after TKS for about 2 years.

TKS

Held top position for the beginning of RS

Leevi

battles TKS for number 1 in early 2002

6feetunder

legendary for being the duper

kaitnieks

[ForbiddenSite] Creator..well known cheater

D E S I R E

first Pure

Molndalsbro

one of the last people in RSC to actually own a blue phat

Chewy Shoe

known for having hundreds of pinks

Lightning

for forming tip.it

S H A R K

first level 70+ miner, and first to mine addy

moose67.png

xevanx

I didn't form tip.it, silverion did. I did join rather early in tip.it days and use to help out, but i was mostly more into whopping *robin hood2* and *sir* butts back then :)