Second Life

Mercifull

From what i gather... this is an adult version of Habbo Hotel (I dislike that game very much)?

Similar in theory... hugely different in actuality. Second Life is designed to be extremely programmable and intelligent, whereas Habbo Hotel is corporate garbage.

Looked up site... very interesting...

Edit: i hate credit cards...

You don't need any though ;)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I was on the site for about 10 mins, went to the main page, and the amount changed from 185,000 usd spent in game to 192,000 spent in game.

Thats insane...

Merc, you have an extra 2000 game currencies. Used you as my refrence.

~M

Wow, I was on the site for about 10 mins, went to the main page, and the amount changed from 185,000 usd spent in game to 192,000 spent in game.

Thats insane...

Merc, you have an extra 2000 game currencies. Used you as my refrence.

#-o Knew i was forgetting something.... forgot to mention, you sorry.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

The smart people are the ones buying all the uber-spendy stuff and making back their money, then making pure profit...The 'tards are the people who are paying said people to visit their places they bought. Get it straight! :P

I'm not going to even look at the website, the last thing I need is a game sucking my life AND money away. :lol:

Sounds like a good investment thing, though. If you're one of the people lucky enough to buy something important like that.

Personally, I wish to buy the newbie area, and then I can charge people just to get into the game. Oh snap! I'm a...thousandaire... :-k

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

lol i tried customising myself last night but im not feeling very well atm so i went to bed. ill try and have a proper look at the weekend. thanks for the ppl who used me as a referrer, i didnt even know you could refer people lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

:| I was playing this morning, just trying it out, and when i was flying around (yes you can fly :P ) some guy came out of no where and like used some kinda object on me that trapped me in a container. I finally found a way to get out of it, but he chased me for along time. I had to finaly go into this house i found in the sky.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

i didnt even know you could refer people lol

I'm dirt poor, I read everything that was there before continuing onto the next step to make sure that I wasn't hit with some random charge.

~M

:| I was playing this morning, just trying it out, and when i was flying around (yes you can fly :P ) some guy came out of no where and like used some kinda object on me that trapped me in a container. I finally found a way to get out of it, but he chased me for along time. I had to finaly go into this house i found in the sky.

My God, you probably just made my day. That is so funny.

• 1 year later...

HAI THERE!

So ya I've recently started playing again, and notice so much has changed. Now its much easier to know how to start creating stuff.

Anyone else playing Second life now? I err.. had to lie about my age to get away from teen second life (im like 3 months away from 18, so be quiet!). Teen second life for some reason requires a credit card, which i really dont have (I do but i dont want to use it.)

I'm Ark Wako in game. call me.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

it was on the office, not the bbc one, the American one, just today! sorry if you haven't seen it yet, but I don't think it has much of a point, I also just checked it out but I think it is more like a big chat room that you can fly in :?

Best Thread ever

I am amazing. You are dirt :-w

MSSW3-Banner.gif

I dont much care for the game. And I really dont understand why someone would spend 100 grand on some space island thing that doesn't even exist.

Anyway, most of the game is coding. In order to "play" the game, you need to read this first. Although it may be easier to learn with one of these ingame tutorials. After you learn the basics, you should go here to learn how to script things. Once you have mastered most of the stuff there, you can actually play the game as intended.

How much can you customise your character without actually paying? I only have 250 linden dollars, whatever that is lol

Visite a freebie dungeon,you can find many things for free

Where are these freebee dungeons? I found freebee island but thats it.

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

I dont much care for the game. And I really dont understand why someone would spend 100 grand on some space island thing that doesn't even exist.

Anyway, most of the game is coding. In order to "play" the game, you need to read this first. Although it may be easier to learn with one of these ingame tutorials. After you learn the basics, you should go here to learn how to script things. Once you have mastered most of the stuff there, you can actually play the game as intended.

Just because its in the computer doesn't mean its not real... doesn't you watch pure pwnage. :P

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I never played it, doesn't really interest me either.

I did read in the newspaper this week that the Flemish Government either installed or is going to install an information centre in Second Life. Now, I work with projects closing the digital divide every day and built up a lot of expertise in the area... and even I kind of feel it's a weird idea. Although, if it works, it's a great method to reach the civilians.

apperantly it is :lol: . are they sort of the same type of game? and $26,500, thats even more than i thought :shock: .

He actually already earned his money back with his investement. Everything he earns from now on is pure profit...

I just love the idiotic comments on that site mocking the buyer...

How can it be a bad investment or 'he should get a life' if he's already recouped his money and makes a massive income every month (over $20,000 per month?)

If he paid $100k for something that has now generated over $20k+ for over 2 years, it means he wins and the criticizer loses.

I don't know about those posters, but I'm not aware of very many jobs or investment opportunities guaranteeing nearly $250,000 dollars a year without doing absolutely anything but seeing money build up in your virtual balance and withdrawing it to your bank account at will..

Eh, I had heard of Second Life - I remember the buzz when Suzanne Vega played there.

I prefer something with definite goals and targets - something finite - something with a beginning and an end. Second Life seems too open-ended.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours