Does ring of wealth work?

I believe the technical improvements in drops is practically a fraction of percent more of a chance to get a better drop. Most people don't like using the Ring of Wealth and I've never owned one, but think of it this way, if you were Jagex would you want an item that gave a Left half of a Dragon Square everytime you fought a monster that drops gems?

Jagex tries to keep the game balanced so it's reasonable for them to make an item that ups your chance of getting a rare item only slightly.

I believe the technical improvements in drops is practically a fraction of percent more of a chance to get a better drop. Most people don't like using the Ring of Wealth and I've never owned one, but think of it this way, if you were Jagex would you want an item that gave a Left half of a Dragon Square everytime you fought a monster that drops gems?

Jagex tries to keep the game balanced so it's reasonable for them to make an item that ups your chance of getting a rare item only slightly.

agreed

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

agreed

phree post count for browncowz51 plz!

Actually, when i got hacke recently, they took my ring of wealth for some reason, and i seem to get more rune larges at jellies!

sigjoy8pe.png

I SURVIVED THE 111 BUG

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?

well, what would be a better ring to wear while fighting, besides a berserker/warrior ring or rings that cost over 1m

Ring of life is much better...that way you don't have to worry about paying attention to randoms 8-)

No, it doesn't. Jagex just released an item and completely lied about what it does. It's how they get their kicks. I'm sure the players know more about the game than the multi-million dollar corporation that makes it.

The difference is going to be very slight, probably close to insignificant with the really rare drops such as dragon chain and such. But it's there.

Alright, I think that the Runescape Monster drop system works a lot like the one in Diablo II. It checks each item individually, starting with the most common. It does a roll on each item and if it passes a critical point, it will drop that item. In this way, only by missing all the common items will you get the rarer one. Ring of Wealth increases the common items. Therefore it is much much harder to miss all the common items. However, if you are lucky enough to miss all the commons, it will have higher for the rare items. I fear that the ring of wealth may make common items too easy to get and therefore the harder to find items are never seen. If this were the case then Ring of Wealth would work best on creatures that usually drop nothing, so that overall drops would all increase.

RSN: Mutashi

It's because you use your master skills of diplomacy to persuade a monster to give you better items.

(The ring of charos thing, I mean.)

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Naturally for some reason a large majority of runescapers are huge skeptics/conspiracy theorists for some reason, so you see all over the place people claiming the ring of life doesn't work for, since in their experiences they're not getting rare drops. It's an illogical conclusion - just because your luck is increased doesn't mean you're guaranteed to have luck in the first place. If you have a 6 sided dice and you need to roll a 1 and replace it with a 5 sided dice and need to roll a 1 to win, you're still not guaranteed anything, and if you don't get a 1, you still had a higher chance. You just didn't get lucky.

has anyone done a massive test on the ROW? say get a team of people togeather and kill 10k abbys, with ROW, and without ROW. Log all the drops and then you could compair them. Do this with various monsters and then you can get a good idea.

As it is right now rare drops are so uncommon that peoples sample size is way to small to answer this question. The "average" player hasn't had anywhere close to enough rare drops on runescape to know if it matters.

IMO the ring of wealth does help a little, but i think that if you have a warrior or a zerker ring it is more useful for everyday fighting, only use the ROW for monsters where you are going there mainly for a rare drop, not the xp. Such as the KBD, KQ, metal drags, Tzhaar monsters (maybe), daggs, ect...

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

I call it ring of waste now days. Well maybe it helps a bit, but inspired by another thread here I have found new uses for ring of charos(u). I took it with me to dust devils, no chain but got dragon spear and more alchable stuff than usually. Also took it along when I did black demon task; got about 4 rune chains, 5 meds and few half keys from 134 task... Before I was lucky to get even one chain from whole task. Anyway I'm still a bit skeptical of charos ring, maybe I've just been lucky.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

Yes, it works.

It probably only increases the chance of the drop by 5%, but if the chance of getting the drop itself is 1/8000 then 5% of that is 1/400, so the chance would be increased to 1/7600, not much difference at all.

With things like whips, say the chance is 1/400, ring of wealth brings that down to 1/380, the 20 difference is hardly noticeable, but believe me it does work.

Now when you get onto uber rare drops (Chain from dusties for example) is meant to be rarer than med off fire giants(1/16k) So it's probably about 1/20k, with ring of wealth that goes down to 1/19k, which is when it starts to get noticeable but not too much.

Ring of wealth does work, it's just such a small increase in the chance that it hardly seems worth it.

Usually I notice I get more gems when using ROW. I was in the Tzaar cave or whatever and I would get a TON OF GEMS :?

Edit: I'm killing Dagannoth and I'm getting alot more seeds with ring compared to when I go without ring :D

ssiggiewtextwf9.png

me4391.png

Me4391.png

"I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute."

-Paris Hilton