Am I to old?

Striker6

Nah, your not too old. I'm 19 and I've played Rs during 4 years.

I know people on Rs who are married and have kids, no big deal with 16.

And if you ask me, the people on Rs are too young. I read somewhere some statistics saying that the majority of the gamers community is made by people between ages 18 and 25. If you go on some other games, that is true. It's just that for some reason, clueless kids like to play on Runescape. It's the first mmorpg of a lot of people.

2480+ total

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no age limit, it's as simple as that. Games are played to have fun, and RS is just a game as any other. Should people stop playing chess at a certain age? Runescape is certainly as complex, if not more so, than many games played by adults.

I started playing RS when I was quite young, but I still played the game then as well as anyone else. Now I'm still at the younger end of the spectrum, I guess. And I've been playing the game for well over 5 years. :D

I'm 16 years old and been playing this game for 4 years (on and off took a break for like a year and a half)

Anyway I was chatting to this girl (could have been a guy you never know this days :x ). Seems like a nice person.

After a while he/she asks me my age, I reply 16 naturally. She then comments "bit old for this game aren't you". I think she felt intimidated by my age I dunno. I replyed a smile and humbly removed her.

So has this ever happened to any of you? What do you consider to be the right age for the game? :?

I'm 17 and I play. The thing is, video games were introduced what? 20-30 years ago? Now people that played them back then are in 30s-40s. and still playing. There's nothing wrong with that. It's not like older people just started playing video games and its something new. They've been playing longer than us. There's nothiing wrong with playing Runescape at any age, unless you can't speak right and form sentences.

I'm 20 and I play runescape. Infact coming back from a break, came back about 3 weeks ago now.

Anyone that doesn't like it doesn't have to talk to me. its simple.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

It's a shame that people think 15 is too old to play.

I'm 19. I've been playing on and off since 2001, so I started when I was 14.

I don't see how anyone's too old to play. And most of the top ranked players are 20+ years old. Those are the players that a lot of those 12 and 13 year olds who make fun of older players are looking to be just like. Maybe they should learn a bit before they speak. ;)

99 Crafting, Fletching, Cooking, Magic - Fire Cape - 1900+ Total

I prefer having "older" people in my friends list. They are a lot nicer and smarter then some of the younger players. Besides age means nothing, I know 20 people in rl over 50 and still active gamers. Half of my friends list is 20+

I'm currently 18 and I play to relax. I have an active social life, i have enough friends too start a small army (to be honest I sometimes forget peoples names :wall: ) and I go out (bar, party, ...) at least 3 times a week. I got some decent levels, but I got them through finding good ways to train, not longer periods of time. All I'm saying is that most rs players are normal people with an age span from 8-80, and if anyone judges you by age then there no better then racists :wink:

P.S. Probably the best age to think you're too old is when the Alzheimer starts kicking in (no offense too anyone, and I don't mean to be rude)

single_skill1135725421.png

It's a shame that people think 15 is too old to play.

I'm 19. I've been playing on and off since 2001, so I started when I was 14.

I don't see how anyone's too old to play. And most of the top ranked players are 20+ years old. Those are the players that a lot of those 12 and 13 year olds who make fun of older players are looking to be just like. Maybe they should learn a bit before they speak. ;)

how do you combine it work tough?

lets say you work full-time not to much time to play rs,i'd say.

what's most important is how cool they are;)

wether you are young or old, there are always good and bad people.. age doesn't matter a darn thing in that;) just get the best friends you can whatever age eh:D

dieguarddie.png

If they tell me im too old for runescape, i tell them they are too inexperienced at life to comprehend simple things.

defense.gifattack.gif

0487908a226f010f311c94a3e13c7155.jpg[/url]

lol 16 too old to play, that is insane.

I am 30, married with 2 children and i play rs and im loving it, i am part of multi-gaming clan UKEG and we have been around since early 2001 and each of our members are over 21 years old with the oldest being odge at 54. We will not even accept new members unless they are over 18 as most are immature ( i did say most and not all ).

End of the day what the kids have to realise is that the older people have more time on thier hands, we do not have exams to study for etc etc.

I am also glad i play the game because i see what is siad on servers and its this reason i do not even allow my youngest child to play online games, due to the foul language and inuendo used my some without regard for younger players, i do let my oldest lad play the game who is 12 but even then i make him turn off all chat, which means he cant have friends, harsh i know but i have been gaming long enough to know that kids find a way around filters so untill jagex fix that things remain as they are.

So maybe the question should actually be.

Not are you too old to be playing but are you too YOUNG, in my opinion any child under the age of say 14/15 playing an online game and interacting with other people that could be anyone for all they know, should not be playing unless supervised at all times by a parent/adult.

And if you are then either your parents are naive or irresponsible.

ukegbluebird.png

There's no age limit for this game. I'm 17 and I still play, only very little compared to the kids since I've work to do.

"People are idiots. Some just like to say they reported you to see your reaction, others are just spastic losers that believe everything is reportable, and others got banned and end up reporting everyone because they are mentally disturbed"

Some people say teenagers shouldnt be fishing all the time.

But I'm 15, and I just might never quit runescape. Even if, NOONE will get my acc.

cypress85.png

i once saw ruby and ash in the wildy, thought it was a santa hat.

The games creators aren't under 16 :) What were they thinking?!

This game is played for many different reasons by people of all shapes and sizes. No one should be judging other people because they are younger or older. The parenting should be left up to to their parents/guardians and I'm not going to tell someone older what they can or should be doing.

Whether you are enjoy mastering your skills, pking, quests, or just talking with friends, it doesn't matter. Always remember it is a Game and just have fun. (and wash the dishes or you will get smacked)

\'

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat

ppl can enjoy games at whatever age, im also 16 i enjoy it i got a friend thats 17 and plays it and also a friend thats 35, ite really does not matter.

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.