Real World Item Trading

Scotteh

I went on (not sure if I can say it) an auction site today to see what people were selling.

NOTE: I had NO intention of buying ANYTHING, I'm just curious.

All I can see if like, 30 pages of GP sales and some VERY lame accounts being sold. Level 70s that are "gret pkers" with 55-65 combat stats.

Awesome huh? :^o

I practically keel over everytime I enter the wilderness thanks to these accounts. \'

But, to the point. Why can't Jagex just tell "the site" not to allow ANY Runescape related auctions to take place? :-k

This means no "sellong a jke, coms wit free orsum level 5 accowt"

THE BAD SPELLING IS INTENDED.

sig3xj6.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

^^ Support it or get confused by pixel-mess :D

What jagex should do is buy the higher level accounts and then just banned them, and ask for their money back because it didn't work. If not, just have a law suit.... The company is going agains the rules jagex put down.

Ian

lambosig1.png

Because Jagex has no power over eBay and those sites, thus can't force them to quit seling accounts.

Whats up the the joke? "Selling joke, with free RS acc" Aren't you selling the RS acc? :?:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Because Jagex has no power over eBay and those sites, thus can't force them to quit seling accounts.

Whats up the the joke? "Selling joke, with free RS acc" Aren't you selling the RS acc? :?:

No where does it say you can't give away accounts in the rules.

Unfortunatly.

cyco_1.jpg

The companies that host the site dont have the time to go through and sort it out because big places like Ebay have other things they need to worry about so it is jagex's job to sort that out. I've heard that Jagex is donig a good job cracking down on accounts and items that are sold which I think is a great thing

Yea, the accounts are like lvl 50 with straight 40's stats and they're advertising them as "great pkers/money makers" that can "Do almost everything in the game" and "Has even completed Dragon Slayer, the hardest quest in the game" :roll:

It's relaly sad imho, I was looking on ebay about a year ago and some kid spent over 3 grand on a Runescape account. And I doubt he even got it..

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

What jagex should do is buy the higher level accounts and then just banned them, and ask for their money back because it didn't work. If not, just have a law suit.... The company is going agains the rules jagex put down.

Ian

The internation assasiation of trading and transfering act protect this kind of compenies. The compeny DOESN'T Actually sale the account, they sale a joke or the Time It Took, as a result you will get a gift. the gift is the account.......Now thats not allowed In the jagex Term Of Use, But the compeny doesn't sale Any Property Of Jagex....So Its Bannable for the player but not Law Suit Optional By Jagex.............

I personnal hope that all this player cheating will get bannd and IP blocked for ever...

Yea, the accounts are like lvl 50 with straight 40's stats and they're advertising them as "great pkers/money makers" that can "Do almost everything in the game" and "Has even completed Dragon Slayer, the hardest quest in the game" :roll:

It's relaly sad imho, I was looking on ebay about a year ago and some kid spent over 3 grand on a Runescape account. And I doubt he even got it..

Do you really think it was a kid who spent three grand on an account?

riku__kh.png

hbga3.gif

PM me any time.....my name has two spaces 0.o

this account isnt even real (cause it says all skills are lvl 99 :shame: )

and its $1,050 US dollars! :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/runescape-account-l ... dZViewItem

1335752yv6.gif

[]*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*______Now Look Down

The%20Offical%20Pharaoh%20of%20Tip.it.png

How would Jagex, a simple British company, tell e.g. Ebay to change their policies?

Trying to find out who's the dealer and providing them with an IP ban is effective enough I guess. On the other hand, if they weren't allowed in the first place Jagex's staff would have a lot more time on their hands. =)

bouncesig30k5ww.gif

By Woopidoo2

Bounce's true age is unknown to the most powerful of mortals

No where does it say you can't give away accounts in the rules.

Unfortunatly.

I'm pretty sure it says No Account Sharing which would be more than one person ever using/owning it.... and giving away an account is Account Trading with no return item/cash.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

You guys don't even know how much influence Jagex has on the account selling, called "viro" rights, and trust me if you look at those bids they don't last for more than a couple hours.Also Jagex employees spend more time on these sites than you think.

Rkolegendkil.png

Well when my computer was bugged, accs stolen, along my my moms credit card (ebay name and pass, paypal name and pass) the person went to ebay and bought over $4000 in partyhats, accs, and other rares/gp which is insane

We did a charge back with paypal, and the credit card company sorted it out as well, but this guy now has 5-6 billion gp on rs, all my runescape accs (he knows the old passwords and transaction numbers and what not, so no matter how many times i change recovs and pass, he gets them back) and we have no way of tracking him down

Name: IPAdmin-PBI

Handle: PIA2-ORG-ARIN

Company: Pacific Bell Internet

Address: 268 Bush St. #5000

City: San Francisco

StateProv: CA

PostalCode: 94104

I love that " you last logged on from" thing for rs

Thats him thanks to some friends at the SODB, but no one believes me that its him!

Masterpsion.gif

i think jagex does have the ability to stop it. eBay still has to limit what people sell, since companies can sue for copyright reasons. JaGeX probably has the ability to do that, since rs is probably copyrighted and JaGeX can sue ebay if they continue to allow auctions

ebay probably does do something, but... just look at the auctions. there are so many... it must be hard shutting down 3817 auctions, only to have them come back en masse (they're all of the same auction...)

How would Jagex, a simple British company, tell e.g. Ebay to change their policies?

Trying to find out who's the dealer and providing them with an IP ban is effective enough I guess. On the other hand, if they weren't allowed in the first place Jagex's staff would have a lot more time on their hands. =)

jagex isn't a simple british company they are valued at something like 45million... and its will continue to rise... now true compared to ebay that almost nothing but still its not just any old company

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

I went on (not sure if I can say it) an auction site today to see what people were selling.

NOTE: I had NO intention of buying ANYTHING, I'm just curious.

All I can see if like, 30 pages of GP sales and some VERY lame accounts being sold. Level 70s that are "gret pkers" with 55-65 combat stats.

Awesome huh? :^o

I practically keel over everytime I enter the wilderness thanks to these accounts. \'

But, to the point. Why can't Jagex just tell "the site" not to allow ANY Runescape related auctions to take place? :-k

This means no "sellong a jke, coms wit free orsum level 5 accowt"

THE BAD SPELLING IS INTENDED.

youve got your Coach Z goin on....or should i say going OORRRFFF :lol:

Then fork out money for the full version.

Ooooh f2p'ers just got BURNED by a Tip It mod! :twisted:

shadddax7.png

listen to Bubsa sing! \:D/ ->http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=309164

Ian

The internation assasiation of trading and transfering act protect this kind of compenies. The compeny DOESN'T Actually sale the account, they sale a joke or the Time It Took, as a result you will get a gift. the gift is the account.......Now thats not allowed In the jagex Term Of Use, But the compeny doesn't sale Any Property Of Jagex....So Its Bannable for the player but not Law Suit Optional By Jagex.............

I personnal hope that all this player cheating will get bannd and IP blocked for ever...

Ok thanks for clearing it up!

Ian

Edit: Personally just give me a rubber hose and some adresses.......

lambosig1.png

Well it depends on what kind of site your looking at.

1. Ebay

2. Cheating site w/ selling accounts/RS GP

If your answer is (2). Read their Terms of Service. They will USEUALLY have a section in their ToS saying "No one affiliated with Jagex may enter this site or create an account."

So cheating sites are pretty much fool proof.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

Well it depends on what kind of site your looking at.

1. Ebay

2. Cheating site w/ selling accounts/RS GP

If your answer is (2). Read their Terms of Service. They will USEUALLY have a section in their ToS saying "No one affiliated with Jagex may enter this site or create an account."

So cheating sites are pretty much fool proof.

that is [developmentally delayed]ed.

p.s. just cuz im rather dtupid =P~ durrr are u being sarcastic?

by the way just thought of loop hole. cant sumone report site to police or sumthing (sumone who is not been affiliated with jagex?

untitled6kv7.gif