reuseable gold and silver?

so heres the scenario: some power crafter has left over 500 gold ammys in the general store, you feeling lazy and dont want to face the same fate of bordem that this crafter faced by mining 500 gold and then craft them into amulets.

what if there was a way to take ammys and rings and necklaces without stones in them, and reuse them to make gold bars again? or take them and make them molten again to put stones in them? or take uncharged holy symbols or tiaras and melt them back to bars.

heres how i see it:

4 rings----->one bar---->4 molten rings

3 necklace-->one bar--->3 molten necklace

2 ammy----->one bar--->2 molten ammy

2 tiaras------>one bar

2 symbols--->one bar

this way crafters dont have to work as hard as they can use their own jewelry to get some of their bars back

for each bar you recycle you could earn 85% of what you would if you made one from ore, this means 11.645 exp for each silver bar and 19.125 exp for each gold bar

let me know how you guys think about this? good? bad?(be nice).

This is an opinion poll so if you came to look the least you could do is post something....please and thank you

Thanks for reading

I can see how this idea can be abused, but as long as there is a reasonable percentage of waste, there's no reason why it couldn't be done.

The same is true for re-forging iron and copper (not steel or higher, because once that stuff has been smelt and forged, you really can't do much with it without a higher level of technology which isn't available in RS).

Another alternative is to have a spell - kind of like high-alch, but does a reversal of those higher items. You cast this spell on a steel long sword, you get an iron ore out of it (you lose the coal and 50% of the ore). Same token, you cast it on rune plate, you get 2 runite ores. The loss percentage is great enough to keep the idea from being abused, but it does allow for some recycling.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

I can see how this idea can be abused, but as long as there is reasonable percentage of waste, there's no reason why it couldn't be done. The same is true for re-forging iron and copper (not steel or higher, because once that stuff has been smelt and forged, you really can't do much with it without a higher level of technology which isn't available in RS). Another alternative is to have a spell - kind of like high-alch, but does a reversal of those higher items. You cast this spell on a steel long sword, you get an iron ore out of it (you lose the coal and 50% of the ore). Same token, you cast it on rune plate, you get 2 runite ores. The loss percentage is great enough to keep the idea from being abused, but it does allow for some recycling.

Level requirements are your friend when it comes to preventing abuse (kinda). If you can't smelt runite, you can't cast reversal, and same goes for all the other metals. :P

Or to make it even more difficult:

must be able to smelt iron to decompose bronze

must be able to smelt steel to decompose iron

must be able to smelt mithril to decompose steel

and so on, then either disable reversal on runite or make it a high-level requirement so the economy doesn't crash.

I am a tree.

Good idea! Maybe you need higher skill level than usual to recycle the materials? And there is a chance to 'fail'. If you fail you get lower amount of bars than usual?

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

i think instead of it failing instead you oculd get like 1/3 bar or 1/2 bar, and then wehn you get all parts of the bar you could smelt them together... maybe like 3 peices to a bar? i hate when my iron is to impure to refine it, making gold or silver just like it would piss me off to much i think, unless it only happened like once in a great while.

good ideas coming out...keep em coming

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to dissent. I've thought of this myself, but have realized that it is simply too abusable. You are essentially multiplying the exp that is possiblef rom any one object. You are in effect nearly tripling the exp potential of silver and doubling that of gold. The only viable way to do this is if when you reforge something, you lose exp instead of gaining it. I would love easier ways for gaining quick exp, but its not in the nature of the game, nor necessary. More Exp=Bad.

RSN: Mutashi

i do not support. if you could un-forge iron or steel, then you could buy a whole bunch of armor in a store, and turn it into bars. If you sold them, you would make a huge, unfair profit since the store price is much less than the street price. This would also KILL mining as a moneymaking skill. what we need is more demand for ores, not less.

instead of melting gold jewelry, how about this? all jewelry should start out as gold, then you add the gems later.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

i do not support. if you could un-forge iron or steel, then you could buy a whole bunch of armor in a store, and turn it into bars. If you sold them, you would make a huge, unfair profit since the store price is much less than the street price. This would also KILL mining as a moneymaking skill. what we need is more demand for ores, not less.

instead of melting gold jewelry, how about this? all jewelry should start out as gold, then you add the gems later.

If we set the "un-forge" to have a high smithing level requirement, then low-leveled people can't use that to train. As for the bolded text, consider this: we're not advocating for items to "un-forge" back to their original state (like plate legs = 3 bars and plate body = 5 bars), that would be an obvious imbalance. The returned bars will only be a fraction of the original. If you want to be more strict on it, "un-forged" bars can have the no-trade restriction.

I am a tree.

I love the idea, I like the way you implemented that failure rate :) .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

This has been suggested before in various forms, and it always gets shot down because no matter how "unabusable" you make the reclamation, you can be sure as a lvl 3 will come from Tutorial Island that a bunch of people will find a way to abuse it anyway and hurt the game.

While I'd love to be able to reclaim some items into their constituent components (especially after clicking "Smith 10" on the wrong item! :? ), the fact is I'd be too tempted to go out to the Wild, grab the armor spawns and reclaim them for some easy, free exp. And that, in a nutshell, is why this is a bad idea.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

maybe you could smelt gp!!

1 gp makes 1 gold bar :)

but the reusal\ble idea is nice...

since in the end you all gold bar will be used up

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

So... should we be able to undo everything in Runescape? Break an arrowhead off its shaft and rejoin it again, or something?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

The original goal was to make use of the 18923127 gem-lacking gold amulets or the 91238 tiaras sitting in the general store. If anything, we should at least have a feature that can melt those back into bars, even if it means 10 tiara (or gold amulet) = 1 bar. You guys are just being stupid yourselves, making the assumption that if one thing is reversable, everything in the world should be. Arrows don't sit in the general store collecting dust, why should we break them? That argument fails.

I am a tree.

heres how i see it:

4 rings----->one bar---->4 molten rings

3 necklace-->one bar--->3 molten necklace

2 ammy----->one bar--->2 molten ammy

2 tiaras------>one bar

2 symbols--->one bar

instead of that, heres how I think the trade-off should look like:

4 rings-1bars

2 rings-1 rings

3 ammies-1 bars

3 amulets-2 ammies

2 necklace-1 bar-

4 necklaces- 3 necklaces

3 tiaras-2 bars

3 tiaras-2 tiaras

2 symbols-1 bar

2 symbols-1 symbol

You have to take into consideration the supposed size of each item, and alos the fact that amulets must not be strung (solved by creating a way to unstring amulets). Seeing as ring seem the smallest, it should take 4 rings to make one bar, or two depending on what jagex thinks, then 3 amulets to make 1 bar (it makes sense, the gold part of the ammy is fairly small), and the finally for necklaces, the largest gold item, it will take 2 necklaces to get 1 bar. Also you should get a larger total amount of exp for melting down the items and remaking them from bars than from melting down and remaking (unless of course you add gems).

Its a very good idea no matter what, i just thought it could use a tiny bit of a change.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

The original goal was to make use of the 18923127 gem-lacking gold amulets or the 91238 tiaras sitting in the general store. If anything, we should at least have a feature that can melt those back into bars, even if it means 10 tiara (or gold amulet) = 1 bar. You guys are just being stupid yourselves, making the assumption that if one thing is reversable, everything in the world should be. Arrows don't sit in the general store collecting dust, why should we break them? That argument fails.

how about this: use gold jewelry with cut gems with hammer on anvil to add gems to gold jewelry. no need to melt it down.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

No it doesn't. The game still has to be partially realistic. Why should the game be influenced by the actions of players? Why should an object be made re-smeltable just because it has no other use player-wise? For example, you do not see JAGeX making Abyssal Whips worth more then a Dragon Scimitar shopwise just because players make it so.

And what exactly is stopping you from melting runite armour back into rune bars and then re-smith them? If gold and silver can, why can't they? That would be logically impared. Again, Runescape's workings should not be influenced by players.

I won't say, "Your Argument Fails", because I am not that kind of person.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~