2011 - Will there be a Runescape and will you be playing?

Greedom1

I'll probably stop playing within a year. Sure, I havn't been playing for even two years yet, but the game is just really becoming boring. I mean, even killing Dagganoth Rex has become a mindless, simple, repetitive and monotonous chore for me, and since that bores me I'm sure you've guessed that I've given up on doing quests and training most skills, seeing as how they are mindnumbingly repetitive.

The only things really keeping me attached to the game is the SODB and Magic/Ancients- I love da Magic Skill. I'm sure that within a year I'll have basically quite, but I'd stop by everyone once and a while to Barrage up CW :) .

If there's one fun thing left in the game, it's Ice Barraging every noob in CW :twisted: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it'll likely still be here (popularity questionable), and i'll probably still be playing on-and-off like i am now. mostly out of habit, and i can't let my leet geepee pixels go to waste.

as for the energy debate. the fuels aren't as clean as you think:

nuclear fission involves having a critical mass of uranium 238, hitting one atom with a proton gun, which starts a chain reaction which releases heat. the heat is used to boil water which drives turbines. the problem is with the finished product, which has an extremely long half life emitting dangerous radiation, which must therefore be buried deep underground in remote locations (unless, of course, you want your babies to grow arms on their heads and the like).

nuclear fusion, as was said before, involves combining isotopes of hydrogen, which yields water, heat, and an electron. there are a few problems here as well; you need to raise the temperature high enough (in the thousands celsius, but i'm not sure) for the reaction to occur. the isotopes are also a bit uncommon, and if we needed to make the isotopes we'd have to derive them oil, which has its own nasty byproducts as well.

with the fuel cell, pure hydrogen and oxygen are combined to release energy. the problem again is with the fuel (pure hydrogen), which in production requires massive amounts of energy. most alternative energies are too low-intensity to mass produce it, and if we extracted it from fossil fuels, more carbon dioxide would be released than we currently release with burning fossil fuels.

hydroelectric plants supply such a small percentage of the electricity in the world that it's insiginificant.

the rest of the energies would likely be the same insignificant percentage of the needed power in the world.

sorry that this is so long.

ubersig2se0.jpg

thanks for more replies, though please direct "energy related" material to individual members of tip it forums as they're kinda spam on this thread. I'm not trying to be whiney (or maybe I am) but please keep posts on topic -- Thanks!

I really have enjoyed hearing your responses --- anyone else?

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

Right now I am going into my 3rd year of college. I am turning 21 in 2 weeks. I've played this game since RSC. I played for a couple of weeks and quit because i didnt like it. When RS2 came out, my friend told me, then i came back. Have played since then. In 5 years, i most likely will still be playing this game, probably not as much as i do now, but i'll probably still be on and off. Hopefully by then i will have most my skills maxed out.

For me, this game isn't a waste of time, this helps me pass time when i'm home. When i have nothing at all to do at home, i'm mostly on RS. Whenever my friends call me to go out, i stop and go. I've never let RS stop me from going to school/work/out. I just use it as something to help me pass time, which it does. I also play whenever i'm mad/annoyed, it just helps get your mind off things, nothing better than beating things with a sword.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

id most likely be playing but perhaps only once a week. Id either have a full time job or be in university then so i wouldnt get much time to play. I may als ohave moved on to bigger and not necessarily better things. Oh well it's fun while it lasts

mr+smump.png

I probably won't be plauying rs, but will definetely be playing D&D.

sig4realhn5.png

Who cares if you wear a santa hat..... That's no achievment.

Who cares if you can have 520M, if you have no friends, as well as no reason to play Runescape?

runescape won't be around in 2011. We'll run out of oil and no longer be able to use computers. This will force us to revert to dungeons and dragons which 95% of runescape players will start playing.

lol? I do realise that COAL will aparantly run out in 2031 so it means that that ONE out of THREE fossil fuels cant be used for electricity. also what happened to renewable energy? solar power isnt too good but its still dam electricity! wind farms? also some random rock ive heard about, which aparantly when mixed with oxygen makes elec, so unless theres no more oxygen it will produce elec, but i think while we are sufficating on the floor we'll hardly be thinking about our runescape char do you?

OT ~ 1. probably but not too much, in about two years i will most likely cut down alot, mainly because of the fact it will be legal for me to have sex 8-)

2. A. B. C. D. [d relates to a.] so bleh.

Also, plastic cases are for noobs. Any good computer would have an alumnin case to effectively remove more heat.

thank god somebody had already said this.

vincent.jpg

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Final Fantasy

Currently Listening To ~ Hotel California / The Eagles

Lol i love the oil debate here. If we finally move on to Nuclear power (which is far safer - don't let movies fool you - and efficient) then we'll never run out of power, and thus, RS will still be around.

Safe and efficient, yes, but millions of barrels of nuclear waste dont dispose of themselves :P

OT ~ 1. probably but not too much, in about two years i will most likely cut down alot, mainly because of the fact it will be legal for me to have sex 8-)

er.... i highly doubt there's a law against sex :shock:

ubersig2se0.jpg

er.... i highly doubt there's a law against sex :shock:

There's laws against underage sex. ;)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

runescape won't be around in 2011. We'll run out of oil and no longer be able to use computers. This will force us to revert to dungeons and dragons which 95% of runescape players will start playing.

i'll be 1 of those 5% that dosent play dungeons and dragons

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

i'll likely still be here for a good while =P

i just love skilling, wandering around, collecting cash, etc.

\' Video Game Addict For Life is what i shall be \'

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

RuneScape will still be around, perhaps in a different way, but computer games evolve and this is a succesful computer game in which we see changing to suit the new type of player.

And I don't know if I'll still play..

I play RuneScape to do something constructive and get something out fo my spare time. I have other priorities but not home ones, more socially. So the only reason I would actually QUIT, as such, would be if I ran out of the time.

I'm not going to fill out your form or anything. But we need horses added to the game. It will be a whole new aspect to the game. New skills (Jousting, Horseback riding?), new aspect to wars and pking. And plus it goes with the whole Medieval theme. This aspect will keep me playing, as I'm slowly drifting from the game :(.

Franky8yomom - Leader of Insomnia

123+ F2P Cmb

Site |Memberlist | IRC: #claninsomnia

105+ PK/War Join today!

good point.

ebuka1.png

*, sex, oil, sex and oil --- are you playing Runescape or describing what you're fantisizing about?

Good grief.... :oops: :thumbsup:

reckon they'll be updates? :-w

who knows......with jagex's stupidity anything could happen.......

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

*, sex, oil, sex and oil --- are you playing Runescape or describing what you're fantisizing about?

Good grief.... :oops: :thumbsup:

reckon they'll be updates? :-w

Yes, but given that it'll be a little buggy the first week or two, it will likely be about as real-to-life as possible and be a complete trainwreck 50% of the time.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

no cus i will have a life by then

That's what they always say :roll: .

(Jk, jk, chill people)

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.