2011 - Will there be a Runescape and will you be playing?

Greedom1

runescape won't be around in 2011. We'll run out of oil and no longer be able to use computers. This will force us to revert to dungeons and dragons which 95% of runescape players will start playing.

Well, I won't be running out of power. We have hydroelectric power here. :D

Retired

2169.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

runescape won't be around in 2011. We'll run out of oil and no longer be able to use computers. This will force us to revert to dungeons and dragons which 95% of runescape players will start playing.

You dont need oil to power a computer its called hydro electricy.... and btw what does oil have to do with computers

If you didn't know alot of the components of computers are made from plastic, which is made from certain forms of oil. Which is distilled from crude oil. With no oil left, circuit boards cannot be made as conveniently, casings and screens with plastic coatings will be impossible to make, and computers will not be able to advance or be upgraded. THATS what oil has to do with computers.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

You dont need oil to power a computer its called hydro electricy.... and btw what does oil have to do with computers

If you didn't know alot of the components of computers are made from plastic, which is made from certain forms of oil. Which is distilled from crude oil. With no oil left, circuit boards cannot be made as conveniently, casings and screens with plastic coatings will be impossible to make, and computers will not be able to advance or be upgraded. THATS what oil has to do with computers.

Mystical.

I'm sure they'll find some other product to make electronics from. (searches google and prays)

Besides, consider these sources of power:

Nuculear

Hydroelectric (here)

Tidal

Wind

Geothermal.

Lots of CLEAN and renewable energy sources. So, when we run out of oil, I guess that will solve the pollution problem for the next billion years while we wait for the oil to come back. =P

And, don't forget about cars running on other things too.

Retired

2169.png

i think ill still play but so little people would think i dont.

i will spend all my time on my wonderfull cbr600 lol

the only thing that can keep my off my motorbike and on runescape would be having a random day where everyones banks were cleared and everyone had a fair chance to own a party hat or something like that. the rares and everything would go into a specialest store and the prices would be the street average. the only way to get money would be to actually work and everything had to be sold for a certin price cos seeing level 3s with phats does my head in

8724th person to 85 slayer on 17/02/07. 99 attck. 88/90 slayer

whips - 35+

dragon drops - 6 chains, 3 legs, 6 skirt, 2 med, 2 left halfs, 4 d2hs, 2 axes and 1 spear

bones2peaches.png

I'm sure they'll find some other product to make electronics from. (searches google and prays)

Besides, consider these sources of power:

Nuculear

Hydroelectric (here)

Tidal

Wind

Geothermal.

Lots of CLEAN and renewable energy sources. So, when we run out of oil, I guess that will solve the pollution problem for the next billion years while we wait for the oil to come back. =P

And, don't forget about cars running on other things too.

You forgot the cleanest of the clean fuels, hydrogen. Burning hydrogen also produces energy, and all it gives off is pure water. Theres no money in it which is the only reason why its not a major energy source at the moment. If everyone wasn't so money hungry we could be using this clean fuel for many things.

Just as a side-note there are allready cars in prototype form that run on hydrogen cells and can top 100 Mph. And all they give off is water as said.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

i really do hope that the game is still around that far into the future. if they are then i will definately still be playing, although not as much. hopefully by then i will be totally done with school and have a job and stuff. :lol:

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

You forgot the cleanest of the clean fuels, hydrogen. Burning hydrogen also produces energy, and all it gives off is pure water.

Try fusion, not Burnining. and by nuclear power I "think" you refer to fission wihich gives off little but VERY DANGEROUS waste, in Fusion you Smash two hydrogen atoms together and produce helium, and a neutron. look here for details, cleanest source you can get.

Anyway back to on topic i don't think i will be playing Runescape will still be around if not somone will have hijacked code and be providing it for free. The only thing tht might keep me playing at that time is a a corruption in the database (full wipe) seeing as all of the people who just want to show off would quit.

well to reaspond i seriously hope im not playing 5 years from now since ill have more stuff going on in my life which i have to say even now most of the other stuff i do outranks Rs when it comes to prioity since to be honest its only a game that i use to kill time.

But thats only my opinion

Wrong. I'd destroy all the hydro electric power plants... because I like dungeon and dragons :)

Mystical.

Actually, large ammounts of silion resides in simple dirt. I remember a Popular Science about 4-6 months ago That talked aobut this EXACT same thing. The end conclusion was that even if we used up every last drop of oil on the earth, we would still be able to make computers.

Also, plastic cases are for noobs. Any good computer would have an alumnin case to effectively remove more heat.

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

i think ill... more like a reson: not all 99 jet...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

i'll be 18 and 3 days off being 19 :) but yeah runescape will be around a shadow of its former glory a sort of show off of jaqexs previous hits, with no more updates. oh and fusion is better than nuclear, fusion has no hazardous bi-products

No I will not be playing it, i barly play now.

Casue i play WoW now (all of you must convert, NOW ^^)

Also cause of this news.... if its good, im getting this:

New Square Enix MMORPG Confirmed

Update by: Azar. Monday July 17, 2006 at 01:31 PM.

According to IGN, the Japanese website Nikkei Net News has reported that Square Enix is currently developing a successor to its massively multiplayer online RPG Final Fantasy XI. Though there are virtually no details about the game at this time, Square Enix president Youichi Wada hopes to improve upon the mildly disappointing MMO titles they've created in the past: Front Mission Online, Fantasy Earth: Ring of Dominion, and the Japanese Everquest 2.

The new MMO title is purportedly in development for the Sony Playstation 3, the Microsoft Xbox 360, and Windows Vista. It is unknown at this time whether or not the online RPG engine Square Enix has shown off in months past will be used by this new title, or if they have another massively multiplayer RPG in development.

[sources]

Any thing Square enix is good :3>

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

in 5 years itll b harious....news headline:ONLY 1 P HAT SET LEFT!!!!VALUE 100BIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....too bad the person who had them quit....and they would b hack target #1.and i doubt illb playin because ill b a high school senior.....and freidns is the thing that keeps me on.....if i have 0 firneds...i wont play

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I didn't think about it but I was thinking how its silly how everyone is saying "I'll be a highschool senior" or "I'll be in college"

I'll be finished my 4 years of college (starting in the fall at F.S.U)

but I still think I will be playing

Aqua_Dragons.png

I know I will be playing Runescape for the next couple of years in College. The game is great because you can pick it up wherever you go (so long as you're near a computer with internet access). Other MMORPG's need a CD to run or download large files but Runescape is just a couple clicks away.

I've been playing this game for years now (RSC FTW!) and I'm just now reaching points which I wanted to reach when I started the game, I'm 90 combat, I'm going to reach 99 Firemaking within the next year or so, I've reached a level of experience in the game where I'm one of those top dogs and I love to be at that level where you fit into the game extremely well you are neither a newbie nor at the extreme level of being maxed out in a bunch of stats.

RS is still growing, and it always will be growing with at least two updates a month the game is constantly changing and most of the time improving despite what certain factions say. The quests are what drive me now. I prefer to level my skills with quests instead of hardcore "I'm going to go chop down some trees and then make them into bows!" and things like that. The training I do actually do is normally for completing a quest or a goal I've set for myself.

In five years we'll be seeing a slew of new skills and quests and mini-games all for us and I'll still be here at Tip.it with a 6k Post count with a college degree but still the same fun loving guy who you see before you. Runescape will change and take new form over those years but so long as you're still having fun playing it, why not keep on enjoying it?

I may take a break from the game every once in a while (i.e. Exams month or Tax Season) but for the most part I'll be playing F2P while at school, you can always mine ore and essence and then stockpile what ore you have and craft what essence you have (elemental runes are always useful, so why not have months of making them?) and then I can always jump back to Members and enjoy new quests that I've missed and work on my House some more (Because in 5 Years I still won't have 99 Construction) and smithing and the new members skills that will come out. Runescape will not be stopped in five years, they'll make new deals, an animated series on Nickelodeon, Runescape-O's, Runescape PT Cruiser Giveaways, in-game advertising, and so much more that will keep the game both being profitable AND keep a fresh load of F2P turning Member people constantly coming in.

Eventually the P2P worlds will be overrun by kids who got their parents credit card numbers but that doesn't mean I'll stop playing, I'll just start cruising these forums more and more often :wink: .

That's my two cents.