iPod aggravations!

majinkamahl

So I got a nice new shiny iPod nano, I get it all registered and all that other shiny stuff. I get it all ready to go, get everything loaded and ready to go. I am listening to it, and notice between songs there is a long gap of dead space. I look at the screen to see what it is doing, and it is skipping most of my songs! They will not play at all! They display the song name and everything, but the god damn song will not play! What is a matter with the damn thing? :evil: :evil: :evil:

For those who might consider this information noteworthy, I converted every song on my iPod from MP3s. Half of them got converted to AAC, and the other half to MPEG. I do not know what the difference is, or why it would be important, but if anyone could tell me how to get the damn songs to work, I would be uber greatful.

I swear, I am this close: |---| to throwing this frigging thing in the garbage.

Please help.

:? :? :? :? :?

EDIT: When I plug it in to recharge and it begins to auto up date, I later find out that songs that did not play earlier play, and songs that did play, now do not. [bleep]ing mac technology. If Microsoft made the equivalent to an iPod, I would pay double not to have to deal with this [cabbage].

ue5wr.jpg

Wow...I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

its probably refurbished, especially if u bought it from a local apple store or cheap

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

It was a brand new gift.

MPEG is an audio file type. Hook a nano to iTunes and you will see what I am talking about.

And Microsoft doesn't make MP3 players, they are the company that supports the software. They are working on Zune.

ue5wr.jpg

Wow...I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

It was a brand new gift.

MPEG is an audio file type. Hook a nano to iTunes and you will see what I am talking about.

And Microsoft doesn't make MP3 players, they are the company that supports the software. They are working on Zune.

Anyways, I didn't think that iPod supported mpeg. Well, at least all my stuff are mp3's and it works fine.

It was a brand new gift.

I could've sworn MPEG was for video files... I'm probably wrong though... Either way, iPod Nanos do NOT support MPEG... Convert them all to MP3 or whatever the default iTunes setting is and everything will work fine...

Lol what can you exspect from Apple Ipods.

Get a Creative.

What a helpful post. Why did you bother posting that?

He has an iPod and you think he should chuck it in the bin and just get something else?

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Not trying to be funny, but you could sell it on ebay and get another one for just about 30 extra quid?

I'm surprised at you all. What do you think MP3 means?

MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, more commonly referred to as MP3

There's also mp4, which I think the poster was talking about. There are also mpegs for video. MPEG is the Motion Picture Encoding Group, and they make standards for audio and video.

As for the Creative comment, I concur. My friends all have problems but now I'm one of two people with Vision:Ms and we never have problems. I cannot, however, speak for the Zen V Plus, but the MicroPhoto is twice the storage, more battery life for 50 bucks less, if a bit bigger (size of an iPod mini).

You might want to try finding a utility to repair MP3s, or just burn them to CD and re-rip, adding tags manually; this usually fixes audio errors.

If you get something new, I'll give you $20 plus shipping for the old one.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Guest GhostRanger

This happened to my G4 a couple of times. Did you try completely reformatting the iPod? I think that fixed it for me.

(Also make sure to keep it out of extreme temperatures)

^^ What he said.

Try to restore the iPod first before you start whining. Software can get messed up, that's why every player has a reset button and the ability to restore firmware.

Well, at least the good players have that.

^^ What he said.

Try to restore the iPod first before you start whining. Software can get messed up, that's why every player has a reset button and the ability to restore firmware.

You can reset the ipod by pressing middle and menu for a while I'm pretty sure. (or is it middle and play/pause?).

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

^^ What he said.

You can reset the ipod by pressing middle and menu for a while I'm pretty sure. (or is it middle and play/pause?).

I know the iPod has it, didn't ment it that way ;) Anyways, the correct button would be to find in the manual.

^^ What he said.

You were right the first time :) (middle and menu button)

goldenblade995.png

ahhhh OMG this is happening with my freinds pod right now! i dont know what to do tho :oops: but hers is an ipod nano

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Omg I don't know why iPods have so many problems... i didnt have the same problem but different ones:

- when i connected it to the computer the iPod wouldn't show in iTunes so I couldn't put songs on it or delete songs. Reinstalled iTunes and it worked...

- didn't have any sound!!!!! I was like wtf and I tried with a different earphone, didnt have any sound either so obviously it was the iPod's problem and not the earphone. Thought it was broken or something, was so scared but then i reset it and sound came back.

Seriously, wtf, i would so much rather get an iRiver. cuz iRiver is the best music player company which focuses on MUSIC and not stupid design or games or whatever. Lol sorry for that, but i really don't get why i have to go through weird stuff with my nano all the time. The only thing that's good is that atleast I've managed to fix everything and that it's so small and pretty

Guest GhostRanger

Just a note, resetting the iPod won't do anything (pressing menu and center and holding that is). The iPod needs to be connected to a computer and reformatted. Resetting it might fix it for a minute, but it will start doing it again later.