Time limit on how much you play Runescap

hellbellz

Jagex *could* add this, but do you really think it would be a good decision from a buisness standpoint for them? Which means tehy prob will never add it. Thus, it is up to him to practice some self-control, or, if he has lost that ability when it comes to runescape, then it is up to you, and the rest of his friends.

ShadowSam19.png

I dont really like the idea of "Timed Play Time" Jagex isn't our mothers. We should be responsible of how much we play. But your friend on the other hand, wow. See his pass and hack him so he'll quit forever? I dunno. :-w

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's his decision, if he can't control himself, that's his own fault, not yours, or Jagex'. I think it's great that you have your best friend's intrest at stake, but I don't really see this happening..

99 Slayer since August 2007.

4 Hours a day isn't that much to be honest.

+ That systems stupid. If you really want something done, get his parents to install some parental control programs, or if your friend is the only admin, and it's his own PC.

Unlucky - let him live his life...RS life...whatever. #-o

mwp9oo.jpg

i played for 50 hours streight before passing out ::'

nah there should'nt be a time limit what if you got clan war at a specific time but the best of your clan members who usually spend the most time on Runescape have their time limits out.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

I'm adult already and i dont really like the idea that someone watches over me and decides how do i use my free time...

ditto. except the fact I am not an Adult

Well it IS up to his parents how much he plays. My parents put a time limit on the ammount of time i spend on runescape. I maintain my grades, keep active, sleep well. I just play it to use my free time. Which i think he should do too, not his whole life. I'm sure he probably skips homework and that :ohnoes: if hes that addicted to runescape (sad). And if he skips homework and does less school work, then that might lead to him failing...Or even if he's watching a game screen all day...Then it would probably damage his eyes.

No offense to you or the suggestion. But i don't really think it'd be a good one for Jagex to imply. I see your frustration for your friend there, but theres nothing more you can do other then talking to his parents face to face maybe? Or visit his house, and capture him :D:O lol jk about the second one, but who knows maybe it WOULD be a good idea. Try it. And Jagex would be losing money if people were playing for less time, because they wouldnt get as addicted and stop playing runescape, which would make them stop paying for membership. Therefore, Jagex loses the money they make :uhh:

I'm adult already and i dont really like the idea that someone watches over me and decides how do i use my free time...

ditto. except the fact I am not an Adult

Ditto, too. I dont like the idea that anyone watches over me, especially Jagex :ohnoes: ...

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

Little kids should have their parents watching over them to prevent them from playing RS all day.

Big kids should be responsible enough to know when to quit.

And like posted above here... Jagex is not my mother. They're being enough annoying already.

A time limit would probably cause more harm then good in some cases, as many players would get annoyed with the thing. Although any mmorpg should have user set limits, they can get addicting... :|

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

No, there shouldn't be a time limit, Jagex would loose too much money.

I do half-hour/45 mins/hour blocks with my brother who also plays Runescape. So when I'm not using the computer, I can do other things. Our system works well considering I don't have a computer of my own that can run Runescape. The only downside is if you took extra time, the other person gets extra time too. Or if you were on while they were gone, they want time to make it up. And sometimes your turn ends when you're right in the middle of something, which I really don't like.

My friend used to play just as much, like 16 hours a day, in the end, it's your decision what you do with your time.

There's a system you can download to play Runescape, and it has a clock of how long the systems been operating, just no alarm. But there's conters and timers.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

No to time limits! I'd hate to be in the middle of a mining run with a full pack of Mith and Addy ores, a pk clan hot on my back with my HP almost gone, run out of playtime just as I got to lvl20 to tele away, then come back when my counter reset and find myself in Lumby without my Rune Pick because the timer didn't log me out fast enough.

Besides, as buggy as the auto-log feature is, you know that you'd get cheated out of game play time.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Its not Jagex's problem

Do cigaret companys limit people to one pack of week? Even tho smoking can ruin people's lifes, they still provide them with an unlimited supply...

also,its not like limiting runescape is going to fix everyone's problems. If someone is addicted to runescape and its gone, they will find something else. Personaly i think its better for someone to be addicted to runescape then out on the streets becomng addicted to drugs and stuff.

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

Its not Jagex's problem

Do cigaret companys limit people to one pack of week? Even tho smoking can ruin people's lifes, they still provide them with an unlimited supply...

also,its not like limiting runescape is going to fix everyone's problems. If someone is addicted to runescape and its gone, they will find something else. Personaly i think its better for someone to be addicted to runescape then out on the streets becomng addicted to drugs and stuff.

Well, he's addicted to Runescape AND food, so yeah... Good point though, I'm sure he wouldn't do it, he'd probaly eat the ciggarette haha

I'd have to say, BUMP ::'

but also to add to that they should ask ur age and birth day when u make an rs acc so if ur like 10 years old the most they'll let u play is 2 hours and if ur like 20 years old they will let u play 8 hours or sumthin they ,,, im basicly sayin the should make the maximal number of hours but how responsible thhey r more likly tobe

dlord500.png

From jagex's point of veiw less time means less members and less money so this wont happen. Personally i think anymore than 6 hours on runescape is too much unless its only every once in a while. If your friend is spending too much time then go over to his house so he is somewat forced to do something. This is your friends problem though not jagexs

Drgnriderx11.png