Potentiol Pest Control Change

Luke

I'd be very happy if they reduce the exp.

I'm often at PC, but i really find it brainless training. I need to get fast combat levels, but when i'm done, i'll be only training with slayer.

signature4s.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well..JaGeX staff were at pest control the other night..and when the staff go somewhere, it is for a reason

Wait, did you see Jagex staff at pest control yourself on Saturday night? And if not, who did? What were the names of some of the staff? I'm just curious, I want to get more info if this happened or not :)

it was thursday or friday night, and their was 3 jagex mods @ pest control following around heart unit and heart returns.

im thinkin they are going to do something to it, so im gonna try to get 400 points in today.

Reducing the xp even more would simply wreck the game, seeing as it isn't really that much fun at the moment, the item rewards aren't worth it (except for maybe the mace), and with the good xp gone the game simply wouldn't be worth playing anymore.

I hope that instead of nerfing the xp, they won't be lazy and actually alter the game to make it fun and challenging. As a result of that, the xp would come in slower and people would still complain, but it wouldn't completely wreck the game.

Well, Jagex sooner or later your going to have to realize we want an efficient way to train... And heck, this is probably the greatest way to train (in some cases)

I hope they don't nerf it, I was really hoping to aquire 99 hitpoints here (from 93). But what, 1/4 the normal experience? That's BS. :shock: :shock:

My god Jagex, don't ruin every mini-game you create, sheesh. If anything.. Just cut it into 1/2 or a 1/3. Or better yet just leave Pest Control alone!

(Sigh) Jagex is like Steven Spielberg when it comes these kinda things. Always wrecking what we deemed fun. and truely great.

Everyone get to pest control before we find it another dead mini game?!

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Well they have already cut it in half from when it originally came out. If they cut it anymore it would be horrible. I like the suggestion of the 1 point per 50 damage but the problem is that people would go for random monsters then to get the points.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Actualy try getting more xp using it per hour, than you can get at experiments. WIth whip, dd(s) and defender i'm getting 70k an hour at experiments. AT pest control i get 60k an hour in points. The great thing about pest control is transferable xp. You can train mage + range cheaply using melee. Thats why I use it - i can get better xp per hour in almost all of those skills outside of PC. The only big thing is prayer - 40k pray xp per hour is pretty wikid and uber cheap.

You are playing on the wrong worlds with the wrong people. I easily get double that in xp an hour. I get 90k xp an hour minimum just from the points. Join a pc group (unless pc gets nerfed beyond belief).

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Well they have already cut it in half from when it originally came out. If they cut it anymore it would be horrible. I like the suggestion of the 1 point per 50 damage but the problem is that people would go for random monsters then to get the points.

I was thinking that 1 portal damage gives you 1 damage point, and that 1 monster damage gives you 1/3rd of a damage point. And the goal is still for 50

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Why on earth would they do that?

Jagex designed it to be fun, i guess they are thining people are just taking advantage :roll:

But they changed it recently to make it even better and diversify the items you can receive from the game. I wonder why they would even change it. I highly doubt that they will be changing the game anytime soon. But if they do make it less and less(xp wise) I probably wouldn't play as it may be a great source of experience now but cutting it down would devestate most.

Getting 100 points is fairly tough in itself especially if you're not in a major group. There are only a few groups whom are doing this successfully so it shouldn't affect the rest of the RS community.

They already nerfed it once, then reboosted it because the rewards were worthless, I honestly don't think they will nerf it again.

Ffs if they nerf it im gonna quit , ill go play WoW or something. :x
Ooo, if you decide to and are going to make a horde character, add Bloodveld on the skywall realm. ::'

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Fake, seeing as it's just "Paul" and not "Mod Paul" Although there probably is a mod Paul but it's not the Paul.

Even if it is true, I don't use Pest Control anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Actually you are WRONG :shame: :-w

There is infact a Paul

he and his brother Andrew Gower created Runescape! DUH!

I am pretty sure there is no "Mod Paul" as there is already a Paul

First D-Drop on 7/2/07! (skirt)

Trading herb seeds for herbs with INSANELY GREAT ratios to earn you millions!

One of the few players of Runescape who knows PHP, Java, Javascript, HTML, and Advanced Image Editing while being under 18! \:D/

So for the moment it is still uncertain, but it looks gloomy...

Can ANYONE confirm what we all fear/suspect/hope? Pics, links, anything...

Otherwise I suggest that this thread gets locked, because it turns into a battle of the whines...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Dead minigame coming through :roll:

Yup another mini game noone will play.

I only use pc for prayer exp.

If they change the other exp skills I really don't care but not prayer.

If they going to change the exp per point by 1/4 exp, they really should change the amount of points you get, so you get points acording to the damge you did, like 1 point for each 50 damage (200 damage isn't so hard to do).

Even more peopel attackign those overpowered brawlers and splatters for their points -.- .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I hope its fake too.. because its a way for high levels to train.. its boring and all you do it for is xp.. you have to make 50 damage which can be hard sometime dharoking at monkeys is best xp.. so.. why dont jagex make monkeys mage too? to ruin that aswell as pests..

They cant change it ITS NOT bug abuse or anything.. and if you change it after 3 months of it being out.. Its unfair on some members because others went earlier than others..

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

i doubt the would nerf it then give more points...i mean if you think about it then that would be the same as normal- 1/2 xp atm then 2 points per win is just same as normal...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

ya perhaps add more points gained...

but i think they should keep the money i cant make a living by playing it anyway :-w

they should update the game room for prices since it seems like no one goes there...

Dr_Brinner.png