Potentiol Pest Control Change

Luke

Hmm, an interesting idea:

50 damage total requirement stays.

Every time you reach a certain amount of damage to a portal, you get yet more points:

20, 50, 100, 250, 500

You can get up to 6 points per round, but if you lose (Knight killed), nobody gets any points. The new gold per round is (Total Damage)/100 * Combat level, to make those that do more damage get better gold reward.

The XP rewards are HALVED.

Think of it this way, this pretty much keeps the gameplay exactly the same. Almost EVERYONE who attempt to at least attack a portal (Bar say level 50s in a world such as a Heart world) will usually get 20 damage on it. If they make zeal, then they get a total of two points per game. Since XP is halved, they get the same exact amount of XP per game.

However, those that just attack monsters will be penalized - half xp to them.

Those that are good at attacking portals, can realistically get 4 points a round. 100 damage on portals per game is possible. The 250 and 500 are only a benefit in extremely long games (>2m) where spinners play a big role.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? (metaphor :roll: : Rich=120s, poor=80s,90s in Affliction/HU).

It's a pretty good idea, though it'll need a bit amount of tweaking. There'll obviously be ways to misuse that kind of an update by finding loopholes in the set exp gain.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?

Nope. The strong get richer, and the weak also get richer, but at a slower rate.

XD

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer?

Nope. The strong get richer, and the weak also get richer, but at a slower rate.

XD

Good points XD. Still, the current point system is set in such a way to compensate for the extra experience needed for higher lvls. Increasing the number of points for these strong players would just be helping them more, when they already have all the help they deseve.

The only way they could save pest c if they nerf the exp is to alow you to get more points per game.

If Jagex doesn't do this then gongratz to them for killing another great piece of runescape. =D>

auron.jpg

As has already been mentioned many times, I'm sure a lot of people saw this coming. Here's my take:

I'm personally interested in Jagex's *EXACT* reason for this potential nerf. If it's because the high levels (read: Heart Unit, Affliction, etc.) get crazy experience, HELLO! Isn't that what happens in your game dingbats? Are we going to lower lobby catching rates because lv 80 fishers catch more lobs than lv 60 fishers? Reduce yew cutting because 75 WC'ers cut more than 60's?

HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS ADVANCE FASTER THAN LOW LEVEL PLAYERS. Sorry!

If it's because everybody, high AND low levels, get crazy experience, then what's next? Nerf the rift then, because that's probably second-best combat exp. After that, nerf whatever is third best...etc. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A TRAINING OPTION THAT IS "FASTEST" FOR PLAYERS. TRYING TO LIMIT WHATEVER IS FASTEST WILL RESULT IN HITTING A CONSTANTLY MOVING TARGET.

Those seem like the two most likely reasons Jagex may give for nerfing PC. If I may, here's my way to "fix" PC:

1) Make it so you can only earn XP for whatever method of combat you use. Whip the portals, earn combat points. Mage or range, earn points in those. Then make it so you can only trade in points towards those skills:

Combat points would only be allowed Att, Str, Def, HP, and Pray.

Mage points would only be allowed Def, HP, Mage, and Pray.

Range points would only be allowed Def, HP, Range, and Pray.

If you use more than one form of combat in a round, you get one point in whatever you dealt more damage in. The 50 damage rule still applies (and it is NOT combinable - 40 mage damage and 20 range damage doesn't give you a mage point)

2) Get rid of or reduce the money. I think most of us can live with this. I'm in favor of only reducing money myself (maybe in half) because with other monsters or minigames you get SOME reward (coins, loot, etc.) with your experience, unless you're dead set on killing scorpions for combat training.

Other than that, I think it's fine as it is. The big problem I see is the training mage/range without using mage or range, as that's pretty ridiculous IMO.

Just my 0.02

~WeatherMatt

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I agree with everything but the suggestion. I already think that the higher levels require way too much time do, especialy at the higher levels where it requires more than 2 days of solid training doing 8 hours + a day for some skill s(especialy ranged). PC is realy good to combat this

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

As has already been mentioned many times, I'm sure a lot of people saw this coming. Here's my take:

I'm personally interested in Jagex's *EXACT* reason for this potential nerf. If it's because the high levels (read: Heart Unit, Affliction, etc.) get crazy experience, HELLO! Isn't that what happens in your game dingbats? Are we going to lower lobby catching rates because lv 80 fishers catch more lobs than lv 60 fishers? Reduce yew cutting because 75 WC'ers cut more than 60's?

If it's because everybody, high AND low levels, get crazy experience, then what's next? Nerf the rift then, because that's probably second-best combat exp. After that, nerf whatever is third best...etc. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A TRAINING OPTION THAT IS "FASTEST" FOR PLAYERS. TRYING TO LIMIT WHATEVER IS FASTEST WILL RESULT IN HITTING A CONSTANTLY MOVING TARGET.

Those seem like the two most likely reasons Jagex may give for nerfing PC. If I may, here's my way to "fix" PC:

1) Make it so you can only earn XP for whatever method of combat you use. Whip the portals, earn combat points. Mage or range, earn points in those. Then make it so you can only trade in points towards those skills:

If you use more than one form of combat in a round, you get one point in whatever you dealt more damage in. The 50 damage rule still applies (and it is NOT combinable - 40 mage damage and 20 range damage doesn't give you a mage point)

2) Get rid of or reduce the money. I think most of us can live with this. I'm in favor of only reducing money myself (maybe in half) because with other monsters or minigames you get SOME reward (coins, loot, etc.) with your experience, unless you're dead set on killing scorpions for combat training.

Other than that, I think it's fine as it is. The big problem I see is the training mage/range without using mage or range, as that's pretty ridiculous IMO.

Just my 0.02

~WeatherMatt

No, the only reason I do pest control is for the transfeable xp. Mage training cost way more than Jagex ever intend it to. This helps

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

Yes, are you sure about this? Could you quote some of their answers, or copy some proof here?

*fingers crossed*

I loved the xp, hell.. it's easy, but who cares.. enough skills in RS that are a pain to level.

from what i hear from some very credible people who are in touch with jmods, the EXP is "fine how it is"

The games finish in about 30 seconds on the servers i join.... I think they will lower the exp you get :oops:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

from what i hear from some very credible people who are in touch with jmods, the EXP is "fine how it is"

Yep, that's what my friends who talk to Jmods Said,

Yesterday i talked to "Tha Boas" for over an hour about a convo he had with Jmods...It should be alright For awhile. Phew

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Just my 0.02

~WeatherMatt

Dude, I get over 70k Mage Exp an hour there, and not only that, people are paying 2gp per exp point or less speed than that, and I'm getting paid to get over 70k exp an hour. I could easily see the exp becoming 75% or so of what it is now- even then it'd still be great exp.