New spell list a flop or not?

planoboy93

This new spell list is supposed to be great better tha anchints but ive heard from a few ppl that it only has healing spells and very lil ways to attack ive only heard this if neone whos done quest sees tis thread take a screenshot of the mage spell menu and post it her please or simply tell what spells there r

planoboy93.png

Founder of C.E.T.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a member myself, but by looking on the new spell list, I think it's really usefull spells. For example if you are Pking with a friend that suddenly sees that he/she has forgot to take food with him/her, and got low onb life, you can use the spell to heal him/her :) . But that's only what I think.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

There's a few quirky benefits here and there, but it doesn't have the real substance the standard magic set has, and it's just too gimmicky in my opinion. For specific things like slayer people will use it, but other than that it just lacks practicallity.

Guest sword_kill11

Basically they are all defense spells, and no attack spells. This would only be helpful in wildy if you had a large group of people that needed healing/pots/a group tele.

i think that nobody will eva use half of the spells. they cost 2 much and are inpractical.
What is impractical about never needing supercompost, or balls of wool, or anti poison potions. If anything these spells have increased the likelyhood of group playing. Somethin gthis game dearly needs.

i think that nobody will eva use half of the spells. they cost 2 much and are inpractical.
What is impractical about never needing supercompost, or balls of wool, or anti poison potions. If anything these spells have increased the likelyhood of group playing. Somethin gthis game dearly needs.

yeah but instead of needing super compost you need nats and astral runes!!! thats gotta be like 1k a go maybe more, for a super compost!!! wouldnt you rather use the normal way i know i would. and as for the anti poison potions ure gonna be taking up 3 spaces for an antipoison where normally you could just take up 1....pretty useless spells. the only one i think will be useful is the npc chat for slayers and maybe waterbirth island tele for dag king hunters...other than that a pretty bad set of spells...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

yeah but instead of needing super compost you need nats and astral runes!!! thats gotta be like 1k a go maybe more, for a super compost!!! wouldnt you rather use the normal way i know i would. and as for the anti poison potions ure gonna be taking up 3 spaces for an antipoison where normally you could just take up 1....pretty useless spells. the only one i think will be useful is the npc chat for slayers and maybe waterbirth island tele for dag king hunters...other than that a pretty bad set of spells...

I already have 10,000 astral runes, as i said it's all in how you play the game. They are very benificial for me, for others they won't be

you could have a clan and have one person in monk robes or somthing, who heals players in the team :D

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

Well I most likely wont be using them.. it's the lack of tele's that I dont like,... same with ancients..

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Right now, I'm using the new spell list to cook my unfinished wild pies which I have in my bank (Apparently you never, ever, ever fail to cook a pie. That's really useful!) but other than that and a few of the teleports, I've yet to find any practical use for the new spells as a whole.

Vengeance and the healing spells are an extreme disappointment in my opinion.

These are of no use to me what so ever, i was gutted when i clicked the link and saw the list of spells yesterday, i really thought something good was on its way.

Although for some people these spells will be very very good and i can certainly see why.

people saying about this being used in wild, yeah ok its great as a team member but unless in a team with some good people around you this mage will get quickly owned in my opinion, you have very little attack and you will become a punchbag for a good ancient mage or good ranger.

Sorry but a complete flop for me, although that view could quite easily change when i start to do other things, or when i run out of super compost, :)

ukegbluebird.png

To me the spell to talk to the people has to be one of the most helpful things in the game. No more going up to Miscellania every day to collect what you've gotten, no more going to Bert everyday, and you can check up on Castle Wars whever you want. :D

cwscore2.jpg

It seems you have completely missed the reason for lunar magic, it is white magic and isn't meant to be an attacking magic but one for protection.

I personaly like the new spells and can't wait to try them with my clan in the wildi, weither you like them or lothe them is up to you.

Warning, psycho at work =p

It seems you have completely misunderstood the purpose of lunar magic, its not meant to be attacking magic but protection instead.

Weither you like it or lothe it is up to you but i personaly like the new spells.

Warning, psycho at work =p

this should make kq trips s bit more fun too one person can super pot the whole group same with anti, and do all of this while wearing what ever armor they want. Non- offencive spells means they should not fail. tell me how this is not a good thing granted its not every day magic and is limited in its uses. but thats the way it should be.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

This new spell book is going to revolutionize pking.

Imagine, an ancient, modern, and lunar mage in the wild.

Ancient uses an ice spell on the target.

Modern uses teleblock, then a wave spell

Lunar can use either range or melee, and heal the group as necessary.

I like the lunar spellbook better than the others, because you can use it and a dds, or while Dharoking.

SirDorphus.png

If these spells had been added to the standard mages spell book they would have added a whole new dimension to the skill, and the spells could have been used for all sorts of things. But since you can only use Lunar spells by switching to the spell book, and therefore losing the ability to cast regular spells, it's not very practical at all. Fun, though. :)

sig3gk6.png