Dagannoth Armour (Oct 2006) (AOW Discussion)

pauloino

Tip.It staff note: This guide has been copied to the Archive of Wisdom http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=565776

This original topic is for replies to the author and discussion.

Guide to Obtaining and Creating Dagannoth Armour

Hello and welcome to my first (And hopefully not last) Guide. And without further ado I present it to you in all its glory.

Requirements:

First off you are required to complete Fremennik Trials quest. This is required so you can actually get the armour made in the town of Relleka.

While anyone can pay Jarvald 1,000 coins to travel to Waterbirth Island, only those who have comepleted Fremennik Trials will be able to get to Waterbirth Island for free and get the armour made.

A decent combat level would also be required to slay the foul denizens of Waterbirth Island ranging from level 88 up to 137.

Also donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t forget a Friend (or kind passer-by) to get you past the first door.

waterbirthff2.jpg

Getting There:

There are many ways to get to waterbirth island and with the release of Lunar Diplomacy those who have completed the quest have even more ways to travel to Waterbirth.

gettinthererk8.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ First off, the simplest way would be to teleport to Camelot, bank in seers and walk to Jarvald at the dock in Relleka.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ After completing Fremennik Trials you gian access to an enchanted lyre. This can be used to teleport to Relleka, but must be recharged after its charges run out. You can recharge it a little South-West of the entrance to Relleka. you can NOT recharge it until it is completely empty. You may recharge at the cost of: 1 Raw Shark = 2 charges; 1 Raw Sea Turtle = 3 charges; 1 Raw Manta Ray = 4 charges: and with a Ring Of Charos (u) 1 Raw Bass = 2 charges.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ with the release of Fairy Tale part 2-Cure A Queen and the Fairy Rings, you can now bank in Zanaris and equip your Dramen/Lunar staff and use the Fairy Rings to teleport to the CIP location a.k.a. Miscellenia. You can then get the boat from here back to Relleka and proceed to Jarvald.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ lastly you may use the new set of lunar spells from Lunar Diplomacy to teleport directly to waterbirth island, you may also teleport your friends there with you (up to 4 of them).

Once inside Waterbirth you will need to negotiate a few doors.

The first shown here requires a partner to bypass:

dooooorssq4.jpg

The second requires people to go into multiple rooms OR a Rune thrown axe(obtainable in the range guild).

I prefer to go in the northern door (which leads to rock crabs) run to the end and use the Rune thrown axe SPEC on the westerd door as dipicted here.

runeaxdoorsm3.jpg

The Monsters And Setup:

Waterbirth island monsters are VERY combat triangle focused. All except the lvl 90 dagonnathÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s need to be hit be the correct form of combat.

Rock Crabs

rockcrabsbt3.jpg

These creatures have amazing m̮̬̉̉lee and ranged defence; as such the only way to take them down (quickly) would be to mage.

I prefer to mage these further down in the labryinth of Waterbirth Island. also to prevent mediocre damage from these I like to wear rune -or better- armour and use slayer dart which seems to be very effective.

Maging in robes would of course be just as effective just bring a little more food with you this time.

Set-up:

My Favoured Set up. This Set up also works well.

rockcrabsetuppd4.jpg

Dagonnath Lvl 88:

dagonnathpt9.jpg

M̮̬̉̉lee is the order of the day against these foul creatures. guthans works a treat allowing you to stay theoreticly forever (but most people will probably leave with a full invent of the special hides).

If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have access to guthans set I advise you use initiate armour and constantly pray.

Again I prefer to fight these deeper down in the dungeons; there is a spot with only 2 of them which I find perfect for soloing there.

Set-up:

My favoured Set up: Next Best Thing:

daggysetuply1.jpg

Wallasalkis:

wallsdr7.jpg

These creatureÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s for me are the hardest of the 3 creatures this guide focusÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ on able to hit up to 29 and tearing apart anythin without protect from mage, be careful around these.

For these creatures, although their main weakness is range they are still fairly vulnerable to melee.

I usually use initiate platemail and pray mage constantly.

Even in dragon hides I still advise you pray if you wish to stay for any prelonged period of time.

Set-up:

wallssetuphb2.jpg

The Drops:

Now that you know what your up against. lets take a look at what your after.

Rock Crabs Drops:

rockpiecestw5.jpg

In order they are; Rockshell Chunk; Rockshell Shard; Rockshell Splinter; Rockshell Gloves and Rockshell Boots.

Dagonnath Lvl 88 Drops:

spinnedpieceslh7.jpg

They are in order: Circular Hide; Flattened Hide; Stretched Hide; Spined Gloves and Spined Boots

Wallasalkis Drops:

skelepiecesoi1.jpg

And these are: Skull Piece; Ribcage Piece; Fibula Piece; Skeletal Gloves and Skeletal Boots

The Armour:

And finaly the biggest reward of all your armour.

For each set you will need the:

3 unique pieces,

6 dagonnath hides (obtainable from the lvl 90 dagonnathÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s littered around waterbirth island. they are weak to all forms of combat but pack a punch),

22,500 coins.

You can get this made at various people across Relleka:

For Rockshell Armour go to Skulgrimen

skulgrimenqk5.jpg

Pieces required:

Rockshell Chunk + 5,000 coins + 1 hide = Rockshell Helm.

Rockshell Shard + 10,000 coins + 3 hides = Rockshell Plate

Rockshell Splinter + 7,500 coins +2 hides = Rockshell Legs

Spined go to Sigli the Hunter

siglilf7.jpg

Circular Hide + 5,000 coins + 1 hide = Spined helm

Flattened Hide + 10,000 coins + 3 hides = Spined plate

Stretched Hide + 7,500 coins + 2 hides = Spined legs

Skeletal go to Peer the Seer

peerod7.jpg

Skull piece + 5,000 coins + 1 hide = Skeletal helm

Ribcage piece + 10,000 coins + 3 hides = Skeletal plate

Fibula piece + 7,500 coins + 2 hides = Skeletal legs

Here are their locations:

armourmapxz9.jpg

Stat pictures right here.

Rockshell Armour (40+ Defence):

rockarmourao3.jpg

Spined Armour (40 + Defence and Ranged):

spinedarmourrv1.jpg

Skeletal Armour (40+ Defence and Magic):

skelearmouroy5.jpg

Extra Tips:

The Dagonnath Kings also drop the respective armour, but only the legs and plate .

Rex drops Rockshell Armour.

Supreme drops Spined Armour.

Prime drops Skeletal Armour.

The Danonnath Kings are also the best supplier of the Danonnath hides requires for each armour set, with 100% drop rate on the hide.

Each armour set sells from around 400K ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ 600k

Thank you, for reading if you spot any errors please donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hesitate to tell me and I will correct them as soon as I can.

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice guide with alot of pics it cool 8-)

1335752yv6.gif

[]*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*______Now Look Down

The%20Offical%20Pharaoh%20of%20Tip.it.png

Also should mention that you can get the Plate and legs of the armour (Probably helm too) off their respective Dagannoth king (Rock shell off rex etc.)

will do, and you CANT get the helm as far as i know, also DONT look to the tip besitary for the kings on this as it is messed up.

Unless prime does infact drop spined armour.

also thanks to all those who liked the guide for your kind words.

siggy4ny.jpg

Wasn't sure about helm, seeing as it drops plate and legs I thought it could drop it too.

Rex does drop Rock-shell and Supreme does drop uh the mage armour, whatever that's called. (Can't think atm >_<) never really killed prime so can't tell you if he drops spined or not, but i'm sure someone will.

When I read your title I thought someone had just ripped the guide from the knowledge base, I'm glad I thought wrong :D This guide is very good, lots of pictures.

One thing I dont get: Why do you mage the crabs in guthan? Just run to the safe spot with protection from melee on and you can use mystic or ahrims from then on. If you use the safe spot right the crabs can't retreat far so you wont take any damage. You could even bring binds/entangles with you or dds spec them before maging. I went there last week and maged crabs for a long time without ever needing food.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

a nooby question from me :D

does rockshell plate and legs ahve the same defence as rune?

By the way, Verac only hits through prayer as an NPC, so if you wear it against people who prays, it wouldn't work.

One thing I dont get: Why do you mage the crabs in guthan? Just run to the safe spot with protection from melee on and you can use mystic or ahrims from then on. If you use the safe spot right the crabs can't retreat far so you wont take any damage. You could even bring binds/entangles with you or dds spec them before maging. I went there last week and maged crabs for a long time without ever needing food.

i maged in guthan so i didnt need pray and didnt need to run to a safe spot.

i wasnt maging in the first room, as i stated, i maged further on where it was all multi combat so no crabs taking the place of ones retreating.

a nooby question from me

does rockshell plate and legs ahve the same defence as rune?

yes the plate legs and helm have the same stats as the rune equivilent

Off-topic: np mirrorforced anytime, im here to help :)

siggy4ny.jpg

i got 160 daggannoth for slayer and am currently making c balls and seeing as i leave tomorrow for scotland, i won't make it to leesters party :cry:, would it be worth it to cannon the wallaskis to get my own skelly?

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

i got 160 daggannoth for slayer and am currently making c balls and seeing as i leave tomorrow for scotland, i won't make it to leesters party :cry:, would it be worth it to cannon the wallaskis to get my own skelly?

cannoning wallasalkis is a good idea i might add to the guide soon, i didnt before cause i didnt have a chance to get back up there.

but they wont count as dagonnaths for slayer.

siggy4ny.jpg

would you have an idea as to how rare are the parts and the hides are as drops?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Awsome guide then only problems is the topic.

Those armors are kind of old and useless (maybe except Rock-shell Plate).

But again great guide to those who still want those.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

add that the muliti places are the best when praying, cuz when they run another might attack you verry fast...

and probemly my member acc isnt member anymore :(

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

would you have an idea as to how rare are the parts and the hides are as drops?

the special parts are pretty common. in 1 hour at the range daggies i had 2 legs 3 gloves 1 boots 1 pl8 and 5 helms

add that the muliti places are the best when praying, cuz when they run another might attack you verry fast...

and probemly my member acc isnt member anymore :(

im not sure what you mean by this, cause if your in multi combat anywhere, "another" could atk you anyway.

also what do you mean by "another" ?

siggy4ny.jpg