Vengeance and the Chaos Elemental

Sly_Wizard

Late edit: Had to fix somer numbers.

Note: I have 99 hits, defense, range and 84 prayer, so I don't know how this would work out for anyone else.

Note #2: Runescape says you can only cast Vengeance once every 30 seconds, but it's shorter than that; I timed it. In fact, if you get more than one person to cast Vengeance on you then this process goes by *MUCH* quicker.

---

Well, I was bored outta' my mind today, so I decided to test Vengeance against the Chaos Elemental (Among other NPC's).

Amazingly enough, I had to say it worked out quite well for me.

ceol1.png

To make this work, first stood inside the rogue's castle and cast Vengeance on yourself (Or, if you have a friend, have them cast Vengeance on you). Once you've done that, run out and attack the Chaos Elemental until your characters says the words "Taste Vengeance!". Once you see those words, run back inside the rogue castle, heal any damage done to you and cast Vengeance on yourself again. Rinse, wash and repeat.

The Chaos Elemental has 350 hits. Vengeance deals roughly 75% of the damage back at the attacker. Depending on what form of combat you use (I used a crystal bow) it's actually fairly easy to kill the Chaos Elemental when planned out correctly.

My inventory contained one range pot and 24 shark, or 480 damage healed (24 * 20 = 480). Vengeance deals around 75% of the damage dealth back at the attacker, so you could deal a potential 360 damage back at the Chaos Elemental (This is, of course, assuming some extreme luck, namely the Chaos Elemental *ONLY* attacking you whilst you have Vengeance cast).

Since that number is obscenely high, we'll assume that Vengeance would deal half of that, or roughly 180 damage. Taking away the damage that the Chaos Elemental would do to itself, you would only have to cause approximately 170 damage yourself.

Anyone with decent stats can deal 170 damage to the Chaos Elemental with 20+ sharks.

I had another idea, which I'm too lazy to try. In theory, you could get Jad to around 1/5 of his total hits, cast vengeance on yourself, take your prayer off and hope he doesn't one hit you. If he doesn't, it would all but kill him.

Someone should try it and tell me what happens. Personally, I'm too lazy to test it out, as I don't wanna' sit in the fight caves for 90+ minutes.

Next I plan to test Vengeance out on the KBD without using an anti-dragon breath shield. Let's see how that turns out...

Yes, it's a lunar spell. It's level 94 to cast and uses 4 astral, 2 death and 10 earth runes (If I remember correctly).

Anywho, I expect to die at the KBD but, as I said earlier, I'm pretty bored and am just currently testing out Vengeance against various NPC's.

so vengance works for several turns? i have friends that are saying that it doesn't work more than for one hit (which would be useless). if it's good i'd try getting mage 91 to pot up for it. would it be awsome when the other player specs or does it only affect the hit where the player says "vengance"?

so vengance works for several turns? i have friends that are saying that it doesn't work more than for one hit (which would be useless). if it's good i'd try getting mage 91 to pot up for it. would it be awsome when the other player specs or does it only affect the hit where the player says "vengance"?

No, Vengeance doesn't work for several turns. It's good for one hit of a non-zero number. If you cast Vengeance on yourself and the Chaos Elemental hits a 0, it doesn't activate. If the Chaos Elemental hits a 30, then Vengeance will deal a 22 or 23, much like a super powered ring of recoil.

I'm not sure how it works on other things, but I know that whenever you see the words "Taste Vengeance!" then you know it's activated.

Has any tested how long Vengence lasts each cast? or is it a time time shot?

Just wondering cause we got a group going to KBD tonight and want to know how often we need to cast it..

thanks

I'm not sure what you mean, but Vengeance wears off once you're attacked for a non-zero number. It's a one time counter-attack.

Anyway, does anyone know how high the KBD can hit with it's breath. If you have someone with high enough hits, you could have them cast Vengeance on themselves, letting the KBD fry them for a 60+ and a subsequent 40+ to the KBD. That's all theory though, as I haven't tried it yet.

With KBD, just take off the shield (after you cast Vengeance), then put it back on, eat some food, and wait until you can cast it again.

:thumbsup:

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

If I had jad down to 1/5th hp, there's no way I'd risk it. Just finish it off. :P

yeah if i'd gotten that far and still had a shot, i'd try to range it, if i was out of prayer or something however, i'd go for it as a last resort. personally, the inventory space used for the runes doesn't seem worth it tho...

thanks a lot to you all for the clarification on how vengance works :)

could anyone also be as nice as to find out how long it actually is ingame before you can cast it again?

rofl, suicide missions on kbd! get 9 people, and you cast vengence on all of them, they 1 item him with nothin on. one kbd every minute! (you just stay behind and hope for the best :-w )

though it would be helarious and cheap to do that \'

rofl, suicide missions on kbd! get 9 people, and you cast vengence on all of them, they 1 item him with nothin on. one kbd every minute! (you just stay behind and hope for the best :-w )

though it would be helarious and cheap to do that \'

even better

dds spec!!

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Wait, when you say non-zero does that include hits that would hit more than zero, but do 0 damage because we're praying? If so, that could be a deadly weapon against Jad if you've been known to mess up...

*Attacking Jad, Vengeance ready if I mess up.*

*Oops! He hit a 60 on me! Hey, that's not all bad- he just got a 45 back at him!*

*OWNED!*

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

vengance+recoil ring = bye bye any high-hitting thing.. muhaha!!

must get 92 mage and use a magic essance potion... urg!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

that would be an awesome idea. Get a bunch of your friends have them wear rings of recoil and cast vengence on them. Let them bring an anti poison to get down there and maybe some runes so they can blast it before they die...then when they do die...BOOM

though those kali workers might be a problem.

sir%20nomad.gif