Multitasking FTW!

Nathaninch

Okay, this thread is for all you skillers out there.

When I play, I don't think about just one skill. Most of the time not even two. I try and raise as many skills at a time as possible.

I love the slayer skill for that reason. You raise combat skills plus another little bonus exp on the side.

Pest control... love it.

Some of them are simple... you mine ore(MINING) which provides resources to smith. Woodcut->Fletch/Construction.

I have come up with a few activities that I like to do to raise multiple skills at once. Here's one of em:

Occasionally I head to the chaos druid's tower and attack the ogres down there(great combat exp). I save the bones to be ecto'd later(prayer) and then use the chest to tele out and head to the bank(thieving) receiving blood runes(mage). Ogres drop some nice seeds, including ranarr(farming) to be used later. All this takes very little time and energy.

So yeah, I'm sure there are tons of possibilities that I haven't thought of. If you have any good ones, share them. I'd like to hear them.

People are always telling about all these ridiculous multitasking ideas, but it always comes down to one thing: spliting your focus down from one thing to may things, thus making them ALL take longer.

And btw: http://forum.tip.it/search.php There has been many similar threads for this.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

mining gold (mining) > mining gems (mining) > smith gold bars(smithing) > make rings (smithing) > enchanting rings (magic) = 8k each (money)

hows about that for multi tasking!

mining gold (mining) > mining gems (mining) > smith gold bars(smithing) > make rings (smithing) > enchanting rings (magic) = 8k each (money)

hows about that for multi tasking!

or mining gold > mining gems > smith gold > make necklaces (Crafting) > high alch (ruby and diamond give 1k+) and mage xp! :P

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

People are always telling about all these ridiculous multitasking ideas, but it always comes down to one thing: spliting your focus down from one thing to may things, thus making them ALL take longer.

And btw: http://forum.tip.it/search.php There has been many similar threads for this.

focusing on one thing only takes longer - using those little gaps of extra time that appear every now and then, when you don't gain exp for the task at hand, to advance another task is much, much more efficient

ex. while farming, i kill any men i find on the way to gather herbs

although, my idea of a real multitask is watching a movie while fishing \'

I grow Toadflax, and while doing that I go kill the Mole with the SODB or just go with a friend. So I'm getting both ingredients for Sara Brews at the same time :D .

Other than that, I guess kill Steel Dragons for Mage Exp, possible Dragon Drops, and powerful rune ranged weaponry -got some Rune Bolts, knives, and a spare Rune Crossbow with only 500 Chaos Runes- :P . Then again, who doesn't?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Fear the double post...

I agree that multitasking makes the game more fun, since it gives variation. Focusing at one thing at the time makes me bored very quickly.

This means I always keep raw material I come by, herbs is the best example there. I mean, I rarely go out and kill for herbs nowadays since I am 83, but whenever I get a herb from killing or see an unidentified on the ground, I keep it for later (ranarr and up). Recharging glory amulets - always bring my pickaxe and mine a full inventory, including 2 rune ores if they are there otherwise I just take what I can. Teleporting to Ardoung, always steal from the gem.

I find it much more enjoyable to steal from master farmers or crack safes in Burthorpe since that give me seeds for farming/gems for crafting compared to stealing from a npc that only give gp - how booooring :P Slayer: combat exp + slayer exp + drops and several of the slayer monsters do drop raw materials like herbs.

So yeah, always multitasking and always having a full bank ;)

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot

Hmmmm yeah... Reading boards while playing often mean I get logged out for inactivity, so from that point of view multitasking sure takes longer :P

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Thanks Mod Bloodveld.

Gugge: I love that gem stall. I pass through Ardy alot whilst farming, buying vials, killing ogres, going to karamja/brimhaven and I always grab a gem.

They add up in a real hurry.

I don't really train skills, only for quests...but I will randomly mine to smith to make arrow heads to fletch into arrows to train with when I'm SUPER bored. It's the most I do I believe. I may do it more often if I ever need higher smithing for a cheaper price on repairing my barrows that I use for range training.

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

You don't really train skills? So what the hell do you play RS for.

Skill training is boring as hell, and a total waste of good time. If you don't realize it now I'm sure you will in a year, after spending hundreds of hours increasing a number :roll: .

All I ever do is kill tough mons (thank god for the SODB) namely Barrows, Dagganoth Rex, and Steel Dragons. I also kill Fire Giants occasionally for supplies (rune arrows, rune drops, gems, half keys, herbs, runes, what don't those guys drop?) and the occasional Dragon Drop :P . The only other thing I do besides that is CW.

Hey, my skills aren't great, but I'm the one who's having the fun :wink: .

Skill training is boring as hell, and a total waste of good time. If you don't realize it now I'm sure you will in a year, after spending hundreds of hours increasing a number :roll: .

All I ever do is kill tough mons (thank god for the SODB) namely Barrows, Dagganoth Rex, and Steel Dragons. I also kill Fire Giants occasionally for supplies (rune arrows, rune drops, gems, half keys, herbs, runes, what don't those guys drop?) and the occasional Dragon Drop :P . The only other thing I do besides that is CW.

I haven't realised that skill training was boring after 5 years, oh well, I guess one year is going to change all that!

Skill training is a waste of time... how?

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

I haven't realised that skill training was boring after 5 years, oh well, I guess one year is going to change all that!

Well, skills do in fact help you in the game, and I used to be all for them because of that. But just think, when you quit (yes, you will lol) do you want to look back at yourself cutting down the same exact tree tens of thousands of times, or do you want to remember the 2500 Ice Barrages you stocked for Castle Wars and all the fun you had winning games with friends and owning the other team?

Would you like to remember yourself mining the same rock thousands of times, or killing Dagganoth Rex in a dangerous and fun environment?

It may be easy for others to choose skills, for some odd reason, but I take the fun any day.

This is really a subjective matter, some enjoy levelling skills to enjoy the sense of achievement after, as you so put it, "Would you like to remember yourself mining the same rock thousands of times"

Fact remains you can't enjoy all that you do without having certain skills such as high combat and magic etc.

People level skills for the sense of achievement, and having a skill say, not many people can do(Like being top 1,000 in a skill).

It really is a subjective matter.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Well, skills do in fact help you in the game, and I used to be all for them because of that. But just think, when you quit (yes, you will lol) do you want to look back at yourself cutting down the same exact tree tens of thousands of times, or do you want to remember the 2500 Ice Barrages you stocked for Castle Wars and all the fun you had winning games with friends and owning the other team?

Would you like to remember yourself mining the same rock thousands of times, or killing Dagganoth Rex in a dangerous and fun environment?

It may be easy for others to choose skills, for some odd reason, but I take the fun any day.

It really depends on which skills. Some skills ARE fun to raise, for example with the new minigame, Thieving is no longer the boring double click on an npc 50 thousand times.

Same with Pest control, its fun, but gives excellent xp.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

It really depends on which skills. Some skills ARE fun to raise, for example with the new minigame, Thieving is no longer the boring double click on an npc 50 thousand times.

Same with Pest control, its fun, but gives excellent xp.

Correction, its boring, but gives excellent exp :XD:

The best one by far that makes the most money of any of these is theiving seeds from master gardner, then selling the seeds youll probably never use and using the rest and growing tons of ranarr. Then you use those ranarr and other herbs for herblore. You get 3 skills in one and herblore can make good money.

The best one by far that makes the most money of any of these is theiving seeds from master gardner, then selling the seeds youll probably never use and using the rest and growing tons of ranarr. Then you use those ranarr and other herbs for herblore. You get 3 skills in one and herblore can make good money.

Do you know HOW HARD it is to get good seeds from that? XD

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

yah that is y alot of people have high combat and then you look them up in the high scores and their total sucks. pking is why alot of people play this game or just to be a fool and have some fun. noncombat stats are pretty boring if you do them after a while while all combat stats are fun ususally.

StarViv.png

...or do you want to remember the 2500 Ice Barrages you stocked for Castle Wars and all the fun you had winning games with friends and owning the other team?

First off can u please stop with the 2500 barrages shait, i think we are all well informed about that by now, k.

And for the second part, some ppl can actually have fun doing skills as impossible as it might sound to you. You click on rex, they click on a rock. Whats the difference?