Post your Manage thy Kingdom results.

moocow1337

I'd say put at least 750k with 10 on maples and 5 on herbs, and go there every day and cut maples to keep your popularity at 100%. You get a good profit with the herbs and bird's nests, and can also sell the maples or use them for fletching or firemaking.

Catafrato.gif

~Quest cape owner since February 10th, 2008~

~Proud member of the W22 Shilo Fishing Guild~

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really wanna turn a pretty penny, do the following. It takes forever but you get an extreme profit and get a ton of xp (NOTE: you will need 55 fletching, 44 runecrafting, 30 mining, and 10 crafting for this to work. I also recommend having at least started Mourning's End Pt. 1 for access to the flax field in Lletya.):

Put 10 on maples and 5 on coal, doesn't really matter how much money you put in.

Cut the gems and do whatever with them, sell the coal on the ge. That's not the important part.

Now, cut all the maples into longbows (u), but don't do anything with them yet. Now go pick equivalent flax to the amount of longbows (u) you have. Spin them all into bowstring and string your bows. Now you'll need to go mine equivalent pure ess to the amount of longbows you have. Make these all into nature runes and get a fire staff. High alch all your longbows. BOOM! Huge profit! \'

I must note again that this method takes forever, but it gets you huge amounts of fletching xp and magic xp. Also, you gain about 327 gp per longbow alched. So if you had 1k maples you would get a 327k profit. if you had 10k maples that would be a 3.27M profit.

Plus the birds nests are nice :thumbsup:

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

^ The above method is only a false sense of profit. If you simply sold the nature runes you crafted, you'd make far more money than high alching those bows. Especially since you're not only mining the essence for them, but also gathering/buying bowstrings. Such a method only seems to profit, when in reality, you're losing potential money.

Hello everybody,

I have a very very important point/question.

I Notice everyone who has posted invested a lot into herbs and maples, mostly in the era before grand exchange.

However at Todays Price (Jan.12, 2008) maples are only 50 Each and herbs are very cheap as well (Super Sets 4.5k Each!)

Is it still worth it to invest in these items?

Question #2 - Do you have to keep your approval rating high throughout your whole investment period or only right before your about to withdraw your resources?

and finally Question #3- What items would be best to invest in? I'm thinking coal since it can sell for 165 each, or maybe flax since it can for 70 each. Thanks for reading this post (if you are right now) and it would be great if someone could reply/answer my questions :P

Hello everybody,

I have a very very important point/question.

I Notice everyone who has posted invested a lot into herbs and maples, mostly in the era before grand exchange.

However at Todays Price (Jan.12, 2008) maples are only 50 Each and herbs are very cheap as well (Super Sets 4.5k Each!)

Is it still worth it to invest in these items?

Question #2 - Do you have to keep your approval rating high throughout your whole investment period or only right before your about to withdraw your resources?

and finally Question #3- What items would be best to invest in? I'm thinking coal since it can sell for 165 each, or maybe flax since it can for 70 each. Thanks for reading this post (if you are right now) and it would be great if someone could reply/answer my questions :P

As for the first question, I've been wondering the same thing.

As for the second question, You want to keep it high the entire time.

I made about 100k a day on 100% flax and 50% coal. I would get just over 1k flax, and about 370 coal. I would sell the coal, which would cover the money I put in, and the flax was pure profit. However, that was when flax was 100 each, and coal was about 200ea(?). Now that coal is like 150 and flax is 78ea, I don't beleive MTK can make you a profit any longer.

what are the stats for hard woods? how much do you get per day while its on 10 and whats the going price for it? is it hard to sell?

vincent.jpg A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. If your apparantly the 0% who still listens to rock, put this in your signature.

I made about 100k a day on 100% flax and 50% coal. I would get just over 1k flax, and about 370 coal. I would sell the coal, which would cover the money I put in, and the flax was pure profit. However, that was when flax was 100 each, and coal was about 200ea(?). Now that coal is like 150 and flax is 78ea, I don't beleive MTK can make you a profit any longer.
Well, you still make profit, but not as big. I am doing like that and every day I get 1250 flax and 273 coal for 75k. I can still sell it for a little less than 150k.
alberthoja.png

75k a day isn't worth it IMO. If I spend 10 minutes getting there and back every day, that's an average of 450k an hour. And I know I can make 500k an hour easy merchanting rares.

I went there once every two weeks or so and turned a profit. 2-3mil or so.

awesomeaa9.png

Many, many people have started to plonk 10 on maples recently to get birds eggs, so expect all other tree seeds to become harder to make profit on. 10 on coal, the rest on flax is definitely the way to go, as these will be farmed less provided that summoning actually required birds eggs to be consumed on a regular basis.

75k a day isn't worth it IMO. If I spend 10 minutes getting there and back every day, that's an average of 450k an hour. And I know I can make 500k an hour easy merchanting rares.

It takes you 10 minutes to get there?

Use fairy rings and get there in 2 :D

Chevroi - Formerly Japlin69

My Old Blog

Many, many people have started to plonk 10 on maples recently to get birds eggs, so expect all other tree seeds to become harder to make profit on. 10 on coal, the rest on flax is definitely the way to go, as these will be farmed less provided that summoning actually required birds eggs to be consumed on a regular basis.
I have a feeling bird eggs will be used at low lvls (like in hunter) :lol:

At the moment im not sure on my profits, but putting 90% on maples (just for the tree seeds) and the rest on coal is working well. Im not sure on my profits but its not bad for the few minutes work a day. The nests+coal+maple+high level seeds sell for a nice amount and i also get very nice farming exp off all the seeds, and ive now got a nice supply of coloured eggs for summoning.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

^ The above method is only a false sense of profit. If you simply sold the nature runes you crafted, you'd make far more money than high alching those bows. Especially since you're not only mining the essence for them, but also gathering/buying bowstrings. Such a method only seems to profit, when in reality, you're losing potential money.

It is still profit, just not the maximum profit he could be earning.

If you look at it that way, anything other than double crafting nats is false profit, because you could make better sure money doing so.

lalalasig2.png

Yeah if you can do that I will be seriously impressed.

Seeing as you get a max of 30k profit every 15 mins.

Therefore a max of 120k an hour can be achieved. ;) ::'

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

davidmcc69.png

• 5 months later...
If you really wanna turn a pretty penny, do the following. It takes forever but you get an extreme profit and get a ton of xp (NOTE: you will need 55 fletching, 44 runecrafting, 30 mining, and 10 crafting for this to work. I also recommend having at least started Mourning's End Pt. 1 for access to the flax field in Lletya.):

Put 10 on maples and 5 on coal, doesn't really matter how much money you put in.

Cut the gems and do whatever with them, sell the coal on the ge. That's not the important part.

Now, cut all the maples into longbows (u), but don't do anything with them yet. Now go pick equivalent flax to the amount of longbows (u) you have. Spin them all into bowstring and string your bows. Now you'll need to go mine equivalent pure ess to the amount of longbows you have. Make these all into nature runes and get a fire staff. High alch all your longbows. BOOM! Huge profit! \'

I must note again that this method takes forever, but it gets you huge amounts of fletching xp and magic xp. Also, you gain about 327 gp per longbow alched. So if you had 1k maples you would get a 327k profit. if you had 10k maples that would be a 3.27M profit.

Plus the birds nests are nice :thumbsup:

You actually lose money by doing that since if you would have just sold the Natures, Maple Logs and Bowstring as raw materials you would have mad a TON more cash.

So no...that is not a way to "profit" off of Manage Thy Kingdom, nor a way to really profit in general. Yes, you make money that you did not have in the first place, but you chop off a huge amount of potential profit by turning them into bows and high alching them.

You get exp, sure...but who really wants to do this the long way when they can simply just buy materials for higher leveled bows and make those with their profit instead?

Yeah if you can do that I will be seriously impressed.

Seeing as you get a max of 30k profit every 15 mins.

Therefore a max of 120k an hour can be achieved. ;) ::'

He can junk trade. Go educate yourself.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png