The Ten Dimensions Explained -- Oooo

Kryptic

I found this quite interesting. Most are probably going to watch it several times to understand it fully and leave comments.

THX

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php

Click on "Imagining The TENTH Dimension" For the flash

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, well i got lost after the second dimension.... Lol how did that ant move? How can I NOT understand 3d? I am in a state of utter confusion, lol a second time watching it still provided no further understanding. I thought 4d was like feeling things - Pirates 4d at Thorpe Park???? Mehhhh lol. A round of applause to you kryptic for understanding that! :shock:

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Very intriguing. Of course it's all very theoretical, especially once you hit the 7th dimension.

We have no plausible way at the moment, as far as I know, to test whether or not there are or aren't other infinities.

I really need to start reading up on the string theory...

IRKAa.jpg

That's....interesting. Maybe a proffesor will enjoy this? :P

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

Im a little lost cause i still cnat see the 8th dimension, but i get this all now :shock:

Oh who ever asked about the ant, basicly its like one of those movies where someone wishes they are in another life, and then suddenly becomes in that other life.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I understood it all for the most part. I got lost at 7 but I understood it when they did a wrap up during the explanation of the 10th dimension. Like Gsw said, it's all very theoretical once you hit the 7th dimension. Still, it was interesting none the less. Nice find Kryptic.

Anyone ever see the PBS Specials or read the book's by Brian Green about String theory and on-topic how do we know that it stops at 10 dimensions, why not 11 or even 13?

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I might sing up for there forums, some nice debates going on there. :-k Very interesting, I myself have read a lot about these kidnd of things and ponder them on a reguler bases.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

It's pretty much junk science from a physicistÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s point of view. Basically they show a crazy sounding flash presentation to help boost their sales. You shouldn't go into that flash thinking it will explain anything more then 10 dimensions provides a lot of freedom to move about. I can't begin to image how you move between different orthogonal planes in 10 dimensions.

From their site:

The "theory of reality" that I advance on this website and in the book "Imagining the Tenth Dimension" is not the one that is commonly accepted by today's physicists. Anyone wanting to know more about the currently established thinking behind string theory and the tenth or eleventh dimension should refer to such excellent books as "Parallel Worlds" by Michio Kaku, "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene, or "Warped Passages" by Lisa Randall.

Well, I got lost past the 6th dimension (I think) but I got 10, so that was good. Maybe I got 9 too, but I can't remember.

Anyway, the super-string theory is quite interesting to think about. I like debating (discussing rather) theoretical physics, space-time, etc. Nice find, but I'm afraid it may be as useful as the expansion theory.

Only time can tell!

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

I understood it, but I think that it is slightly wrong. I can imagine infinite dimensions such as Depth, width and height whereas this makes out that ours is the final dimensuin in that sense (I think). In a two dimensional world, they would never be able to have a concept of height because they wouldn't be able to think of it. We cannot think of the next space dimension because we are unable to think of it so therefore there are more dimensions that 10 (or 11) but infinite dimesions. But I've been wrong before so don't listen to me :D

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!