Guide to Reporting & Sending Queries

aubrey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, those aren't copies of the player moderator guide lines.

yes they are. he just reworded them to get some credit.

Quite frankly I can't believe that mods would have such simple guidelines. Aside from a few useful numbers and tips, it tells you basically nothing that couldn't be found in the Knowledge Base or a similar place.

If that is truly all that mods have to work with, then I pity them.

alright Ive heard two different answers to my next question...do u get banned by ip address or by account? Or does it vary? U seem to be informed pretty well so may u answer my question :D

The reason you can't get a straight answer is because both are true.

As I understand it, Jagex bans primarily by account and tries to avoid IP banning if at all possible, since they could end up banning innocent people by IP.

Jagex does ban IP addresses, but only in severe situations where there is no alternative (For example, if you are running a massive macroing operation from your IP address :wink:)

===================

To the author:

All in all, an ok guide with some useful information. I believe it will be helpful to people, however I had personally hoped that it would go into as much detail with queries as it did with reporting.

There are just so many things players don't know about CS, and so many people who seem to be utterly intimidated by it.

Consider things like:

>What a CS query should ideally consist of (What Jagex already knows, and what they need to find out from you).

>Things to avoid saying in them.

>What kind of things you will receive a response for and which ones you wont

>Interpreting replies.

>What to expect if you have broken a rule.

>What to expect if you have been falsely reported.

>What to expect/do if you get banned.

>How to get across more info than will fit in 400 characters.

>what kind of language to use when speaking to Jagex.

Etc.

There are so many things that people don't really know about sending CS queries, yet it seems like you kind of skipped over it in the guide.

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

Eh, those arn't copies of the player moderator guide lines.

If you were a mod or a close friend of mine, you would know that I am not a mod - so there is no way for me to copy pmod guidelines.

As you can see I am Aubrey666 if you are a mod you can check you will see that I am not one (and I'm not a retired one either I have never been one).

To the author:

All in all, an ok guide with some useful information. I believe it will be helpful to people, however I had personally hoped that it would go into as much detail with queries as it did with reporting.

There are just so many things players don't know about CS, and so many people who seem to be utterly intimidated by it.

Consider things like:

>What a CS query should ideally consist of (What Jagex already knows, and what they need to find out from you).

>Things to avoid saying in them.

>What kind of things you will receive a response for and which ones you wont

>Interpreting replies.

>What to expect if you have broken a rule.

>What to expect if you have been falsely reported.

>What to expect/do if you get banned.

>How to get across more info than will fit in 400 characters.

>what kind of language to use when speaking to Jagex.

Etc.

There are so many things that people don't really know about sending CS queries, yet it seems like you kind of skipped over it in the guide.

I'll get working on it since you feel that way, and it could obtain more work. You will not see the progress due to the fact I write my guides on word (to avoid spelling & grammar mistakes).

Thank you, that's a great idea & it will help make this guide seem more complete \'

skirtsigog1.jpg

Common sense isn't common.

drugtestlokisv5.png

Super guide!

Tough, I play this game for a long time, it helped me!

Just a quiestion:

I'm Dutch, and I saw someone selling an account.

Tough, he was speaking Dutch.

so I was able to report him for Account trading, even tough he spoke Dutch?

Great Guide,

~Kill Life

Edit: Also this question: (I might missed that part)

If I ask for someone's age, and they Report me, can I get banned or get a Black Mark for that? :ohnoes:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Super guide!

Tough, I play this game for a long time, it helped me!

Just a quiestion:

I'm Dutch, and I saw someone selling an account.

Tough, he was speaking Dutch.

so I was able to report him for Account trading, even tough he spoke Dutch?

Great Guide,

~Kill Life

Edit: Also this question: (I might missed that part)

If I ask for someone's age, and they Report me, can I get banned or get a Black Mark for that? :ohnoes:

To answer your question, I once said "whos 13 here?" and i got muted. And btw this is very helpful, i know whats reportable and whats not now. :D

~Petrol :mrgreen:

If somebody is speaking in a foreign language and is scamming or cursing - you can report it and they will see. Sometimes when I see this - I'll say outloud the language they are speaking to help a little :wink:

In the offensive language part of the guide there is a link to translating websites if anybody is interested in learning (i don't think curse words but you can learn words like to sell or buy which comes in handy ex: 'vendÃÆÃâÃâí me acount' or 'estoy vendendo me account') Sometimes the words don't come out exactly right but you can make it out (such as my example may be a little wrong lol because I speak english)

Because there are kids that are the age or under the age of 13, it's highly recommended you don't ask age because this rule was made specifically for kids 13 year old and less and there are a lot of kids playing runescape... As well as e-mails and telephone numbers should be kept confidential no matter how old you are :-w . Yes you can get muted for breaking rule 13 and recieve black marks if you are reported and caught breaking this rule, and 10 black marks = ban :P.

NOTE: Working on detail for Query update as it was suggested earlier and I want to make this guide better :3>

Hope this helps.

skirtsigog1.jpg

drugtestlokisv5.png

good guide...

you should add 1 more location though the house portal at w6 because alota people r usually there and people with high con have parties there and when they log off or stop the party when people go out of the portal they spam like "nooooo!" or something a billion times.

Dr_Brinner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Query section has been updated ~ if there are any mistakes in the particular section of the guide and you find it ~ post it up (so it can be fixed) & credit will go to members of tip.it (such as members of rs2 town & members of masors has done previously...

skirtsigog1.jpg

drugtestlokisv5.png

arb your wrong jagex can look pass the censor of course it might block it but jagex may look under the censor

Actually you are wrong:

If it's censored, then it's fine. However, if it's continuously over, you may report it as offensive language as they are spamming their censored cursed word or the "*" over and over.

Eh, those arn't copies of the player moderator guide lines.

By the way, I would just like to let you know that those are not the player moderator guide lines, I repeat, they are NOT the player moderator guide lines. The player moderator guide lines are just a bunch of different rules for player moderators stating when they can report, what for, when they can mute, some forums stuff, and so on. This is written in Aubs own words and the only things similar in the two guides are that they both have to do with the rules.

I know Aub and Aub is not a player moderator. The reason Aubs know the rules so well is because Aub hangs out with so many player moderators and some forum moderators and they are always discussing the rules, how to raise skills, and so on. Anyhow, they were mostly discussing the rules when Aub wrote this guide. I believe Aubs has about 26 player moderators, 2 of which are *fpmods. Also I think 4 of them are *retired player moderators.

By the way, incase you don't know why I know so much about Aub is because we are related.

*Fpmods are forum player moderators which have power both on game and forums. Jagex has a new policy that will not allow players to become a fpmod because the people who have already chosen to be fpmods have trouble on game (a lot of people spam their post, bother them on forums, bother them on game, so on. It is to much power for one person.)

*Retire player moderators are players who use to be player moderatoors, but they gave up their power. They do not have any power in game, but they can get their crown back simply by sending in a query, but the query can takes days or even weeks before an action is done. Do not get this confuse with turning on and off your crown, this is not possible and does not exist.

aprzanimateddarkci0.gif

Correct: If it's censored there is no point to reporting it. But, if they curse on and on like Aprz said, you can report them under rule 1 because it would be considered 'Spamming' or 'Flooding the Screen,' but not because they are cursing =D>

The rest ~ I will not comment on \' .

The Questions & (Constructive) Critics have been very useful keep it up please & THANK YOU!

skirtsigog1.jpg

drugtestlokisv5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is a great guide. I'm sure the moddies appreciate you telling us how to help 'em out. One question I have is if it is "strictly business" for people to use auto-talk to sell autotalk, an occurence not uncommon at varrock west bank.

Also, it is against the rules to let someone play on your account while you're watching? My friend (from real life) wanted to pk on my account and I let him while sitting there. It doesn't seem like an infraction because it's not like I'm getting an unfair advantage (I Pk better than he :twisted: ), and it's just letting a guy experience an aspect of the runescape community from a different perspective.

Also, could you make a guide to Account Queries? I've sent about twenty for my account traveler80 (whose password I forgot :oops: ) and they always reject it for reasons I adressed.

Great work, keep it up.

Hello

I'm not skilled enough to make a siggy! W00t! Working on it.

However, don't report macro talk if it's business and strictly business only. If somebody is using auto-talk for anything else, REPORT IT AS SPAM under Rule 1.

Can you clarify business? I was planning on possibly, if i can confirm the legicamy using an autotyper for moderate selling of items (Not spamming)

Business as in selling something in game - and as in a fair runescape trade runescape object for runescape object. No real world trading.

I was pretty sure I put how to report websites in the query section i'll tell you now however and check to see if I messed up or not:

There are 2 ways to report a website: When somebody says a website in game by advertising it you can report it for rule 11. Try not to report people who are trying to help though like quest guides on tip it would be dumb to report somebody trying to help you or others. Once again, be aware that if somebody reports you for helping somebody else by telling them to find guides on tip it, it's a legit report and all you can do is appeal and plead for forgiveness.

The 2nd way is to send in a query on either Complaint or Other: Simply just say:

"I am reporting this website: (enter website name here)

(Explain what rules the website is breaking ~~> If possible try to use synonyms and be polite such as ending it like so:)

Regards from Aubrey666."

Remember, good grammar, spelling, and use of vocab will impress them and help get the word accross to them.

Thank you for the feedback sorry I was gone for quite some time (had some computer security issues) Be safe 8-)

EDIT: And yes, I can make a guide on Account Recovery/Queries.

For now I suggest you use your recovery questions to get your password back or try a couple passwords you would use for the account. Without your password your account is simply stuck.

skirtsigog1.jpg

drugtestlokisv5.png

• 4 weeks later...

nice guide but I don't think you should encourage people to submit lots of reports as usually people do not know they are doing wrong and get banned for it and usually their runescape days are over

mainly wannabe mods who report every single little thing a person does.

reporting 24/7 doesn't get you a mod place guys.

I think it is better to tell the person you are going to report them if they don't stop. It also helps jagex to work on more important things.

:)

signk8.png

• 2 weeks later...
nice guide but I don't think you should encourage people to submit lots of reports as usually people do not know they are doing wrong and get banned for it and usually their runescape days are over

mainly wannabe mods who report every single little thing a person does.

reporting 24/7 doesn't get you a mod place guys.

I think it is better to tell the person you are going to report them if they don't stop. It also helps jagex to work on more important things.

:)

I have to disagree with you, telling somebody that you are going to report them isn't going to make them stop, when you tell them you are going to report them, you give them exactly what they want, and what they want is a reason to hate you.

I believe encouraging others to send in queries and reports is an excellent thing to do. Why would it be so wrong? If somebody took the time to read the entire guide, they would know how to send in a good query - therefore they won't get banned for sending in junk.

You are right, reporting doesn't make you a mod. Although reporting can be done for yourself. If bad people don't get reported, they will just grow. There are bad people in the world, and letting it go is the worst thing to do. So report if something is wrong no matter your intentions. If something is wrong or somebody is doing something bad, you report it. Nobody cares if you want to be a mod, or if you do it for yourself, or you just don't like bad people. Letting something wrong just go by is the worst thing you can do. Don't be discouraged.

And deep down inside, naturally everybody who isn't a mod is curious of what modship is like and would like to be one. It's just natural. Although it's also natural people don't like being told how they feel #-o and I just did that. Excuse me.

Hope this helps, later.

skirtsigog1.jpg

drugtestlokisv5.png