Cooking gauntlets less effective than once thought

unlucky97

It's called a typo when there's one or two mistakes... It's idiotic when there's that many spelling and grammatical (spelling? lol) errors in a company's message. :?

They probably type out 100s of them a day and you could read it fine so it's just a few typos it really doesn't matter :?

my guess...

150 xp per fish is more xp than shark when cooking. Now, factor in that at level 99 cooking with gauntlets, you dont burn any sharks.

so, why should at level 80 cooking or so, should you get more xp with gauntlets and monkfish than people who cook sharks at level 99 with gauntlets.

im pretty sure they made monkfish not effected by gauntlets to try to balance out the xp rate.

Exactly what I was going to say. Monkfish are superb in exp points, so why make them even better with gauntlets which would make them even better?

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I think the gauntlets help with commonly used food and the monkfish is not one of it. How many monkfish sellers do u see compared to lobbys and sharks?

uhh... kay...?

auctually.. its probebly because they cook at a lower level than sharks but have 30 more xp per fish. thus making the shark industry go out of wack because of cookers buying cooked monkfish. if they only bought cooked monkfish, prices for sharks would be all crazy.

i doubt it has anything to do with common food.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

• 2 weeks later...
Well recently I wanted to raise up my cooking and fishing so I finially

did garden of trainquility and swan song ( toke me forever I hate quests)

to catch the elusive monkfish. So I start fishing and got better exp than I

thought I would. I then start cooking them and remember I had my

cooking gauntlets in the bank so I put them on and to my surprise it

didn't seem to help. So I looked around and couldn't find anything so I

decided to write jagex and this is what I found

http://url116.imageshack.us/url116/87/picture1je9.jpg

If you read the whole think properly, he's got a few errors included

SUCCESFUL: Successful (Not sure if this is right)

HAE: Have

QUERIE: Mmhmm

Jagex always gives lame respones. Why can't they just say YES or NO.. and then why.. Now they explain why without really telling it. #-o

Though I was curious about this as well.. ty for asking ::'

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

and lol i noticed they spelt query wrong aswel :lol:

They also forgot the "v" in have, they need one more "s" in sucessful, and they forgot three commas in the last sentence in the second paragraph. (However, in response to your query, it does not give you a better chance of not burning monkfish, I am sorry to inform.)

Ever hear of spelling and grammar check, Jagex? :roll: They NEED to start getting mods that know how to type and actually know stuff about the game. It's getting annoying. :evil:

i agree

on topic: darn i forogt about that

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

cooking gauntlets don't work on ranges anyway or they used to not i mean try on a range and then a fire try swordies

they do work on ranges...they have to. people burning sharks @ 94 cooking on ranges but not fires would be odd

Well that shows that Jagex have very bad communications amongst staff, i sent in the very same query awhile back and they told me it helps not burn fish. they didn't say anyuthing else than "fish"

Lol try doing there job, they have to answer all kinds of questions from hundreds of players. I don't think they have a lot of time to check spelling and grammar. :-$

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

The good thing about this, is that my Burnt Monkfish collection can grow faster! :3>

Current number: 7501

Always happy to collect them, or even trade your burnt for cooked in a 6 burnt to 1 cooked ratio. :D

And the reason you don't see many Monkfish sellers, is that most people use them for training instead of Lobsters/Swordfish. For us Slayer addicts, Monkfish is a great alternative to (or supplement to) Bones to Peaces and Guthans.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

if you have access to the culmionancer's(sp) chest, use the range in lumby castle. Sharks+Gaunts+Lumby Range=Small Percentage of burnage!

The Lumbridge Range only works on reletively low level foods. Try cooking a Shark on it and you'll still burn it as much as you would on another range.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Called a typo miss perfect :-w

And yeah I've known this for quite awhile now :P

It's called a typo when there's one or two mistakes... It's idiotic when there's that many spelling and grammatical (spelling? lol) errors in a company's message. :?

How many responces do you think they send out each day? You can still read/make sense of it so give them a break...

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

• 3 weeks later...

everybody here has an opinion about the effect of cookinggauntlets on monkfish, but i don't see to many facts stated...

i'm lvl 88 cooking.. cooked 1k monkfish with gauntlets... 0 burned!

after this cooked 200 monkfish without gauntlets.. 3 burned

maybe not a statistical evidence, but enough proof for me, they work (now, maybe after hidden update?) on monkfish!

h_y_j_a_c_k.png