.:.:.:. Are you afraid to speak up...? .:.:.:.

Pinkbullet3

It depends which group of friends I'm with. At home, where I was born, my friends around there don't talk about it - to them it was a stupid game everyone tried when they were 13, and nobody plays anymore.

At university however, living in a computer-science oriented house, I've got a bit of a war going on with my housemates who think that Diablo II is better than Runescape, and although I play both, I'd much rather play Runescape any day. Only one of my other housemates plays Runescape, but she's a newb so I help her out in the game and give her free stuff.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends dont give a rats [wagon] about it. one of them played it (and knows I play it or played around that area of time) the others couldnt care less.

There was an even bigger collection of mmorpg nerds which sounds allot similar to runescape but is pretty much combat based all talked about lvl 41 armor or that [bleep]ed lvl 45 armor (dont ask me what game I dont know). Around that time guild wars was more the subject of topic which I also played.

Runescape ingame name: Rmond (on the forum this name was already taken)

Rmond.png

I dont think playing Runescape is childish at all. I am 49 years old (and female) and love the game. Discovered it about 2 months ago, and cant stop playing now. Either you say you play the game or not, it depends on the circumstance at the time. Most important is too enjoy it. :)

Obssesive compulsive - not me, I`m just totally addicted to RS :D

Tough the people of my class think it's stupid, I don't care!

I'm proud to be a Runescape Player. I think their games are lame...

Tough, when they come to my house, and I'm watching Runescape movies (Like DurialHaxes and Pking Movies) they all watch it and like it :| ow well.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

First of all RS is just a game, so you shouldn't feel obligated to defend or stand up for it. Second, if you like playing RS, WHO CARES. Someday when you graduate high school and get away from all the drama you'll think to yourself, "Why did I ever care what they thought?"

Min: 45, Smith: 37, Com: 345

Behold, the beauty of the baud.

***Free to Add Me***

First of all RS is just a game, so you shouldn't feel obligated to defend or stand up for it. Second, if you like playing RS, WHO CARES. Someday when you graduate high school and get away from all the drama you'll think to yourself, "Why did I ever care what they thought?"

I should clarify myself. I love RS, I play whenever I get the time, but I also have a fulltime job, attend college fulltime, have a wife and a son, so I still have a life outside of RS.

***Free to Add Me***

people don't really give me a problem that i play rs...maybe it the fact that i'm bigger than most of the kids in my grade and can break their jaws...or maybe its just that i'm such a loveable person

:lol: LOL :lol:

***Free to Add Me***

the only person who knows i play runescape is one of my friends who also plays. I dont think any of my friends know about it. If they do its never come up in conversation. If it did i dont think i would say i played unless someone asked me directly.

Drgnriderx11.png

When I was in school, I didn'tt give a shaitan about what those idiots around me thought. In fact, I enjoyed to be annoyingly different.

In school I did alchemical experiments at home, studied Taichi and Kendo, went to Buddhist commune after school and wore a teeshirt with "Chtulhu, Chtulhu, Chtulhu" written on it, and everybody in class were afraid to touch me cause what I did was way too unusual for them.

Runescape, of course, is not Kendo, but it's still important to remember, that you don't necessarily have to care about what others think of you.

i would to :ohnoes:

p 0 0 p h o

60-60att 77-85str 63-70maged

starting to count the 50k pks ive made

7-100

People I know concider it lame but would probably never bring it up in a normal conversation, so I never really have a chance to defend it. When I happen to bring it up I play off the fact that they think it's lame (i.e. "The other day when I was playing RuneScape, cause I'm lame, I..." ect). It doesn't matter to me what people think of me playing it, I just don't wanna start any static.

InvertedAwake.jpg

I am a bit ashamed cos all my friends think its not a real game cos u play it through an internet window and they all play FPS or RTS games..when i talk to my fellow runescape players about runescape we just call it RS then no one knows wtf we are talkin about :D and also most of the people who play runescape where i live literally have no lives and have like 10 maxed out skills :S not sayin having maxed out skills is bad though

johnno41.png

johnno41.gif

Add me! (Johnno41)

Hmm. Very interesting perspectives. :-k

It is true to some people that standing up and defending their "beliefs" (I know, RS isn't a type of belief) is showing confidence in what they believe in. To others, like me, keeping it private is pretty much okay too. Not every opinion has to be said outloud to the world.

:)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I've never met a single person in RL that has played or even knows what RS is.
exacly, only my friend that is more nerdier then me has heard of it she doesnot care i play, i can't afford w0w so i play rs.
StarViv.png

Those people are ignorant. The ones that think just because someone play a game they have no life, or a nerd. (I'm not saying I have a life, or that I'm not a nerd, I may not have one, and I may be one) I tell them that I think they are ignorant and stupid.

So I stand up for myself / the game. If they don't like it, I'll let them worry about that.

35b9enp.jpg

I say that I play it. If they say its boring, I say, "It's like any RPG, boring as heck to watch, but addictive to play."

Usually it ends.

"Dost hath not giveth thy name 'noob' to thy brethren...

...Or thou art must considereth thyself a noob as well."

It only happens in schooll..

i have a job.. and girlfriend.. a wonderful house.. u call that lifeless nerd? i'm afraid not..

Cheer up to those whose friends label u as nerd... u can always boast.. do u have a friend in asia (if u are from europe) etc..

Well i do have 2 wonderful mates from England and belgium.. fyi.. i am from south-east asia....

Take care everyone.. and peace to all..

my school basicly hates the game so im like yeah its stuiped then go home and play :P ppl at my school are way to serouis its kinna wierd. so i basicly keep to myself i dont really inted of telling my friends that i play so w\e :wink:

legends2.jpg

my school basicly hates the game so im like yeah its stuiped then go home and play :P ppl at my school are way to serouis its kinna wierd. so i basicly keep to myself i dont really inted of telling my friends that i play so w\e :wink:

Aww, come on, think free, those schoolmates of yours are nothing, in a year or so you'll depart and go on your own road in life and will never see these kids again, who cares what they think? Don't learn to be a conformist, free spirit is way more important for a human being, than opinion of several immature kids, whos names you'll probably forget in a few years. Be yourself, do the right thing for yourself, not for them - do not strain your spirit by hiding. And... beleive me, by the time you are halfway through college, you'll be laughing on those memories :mrgreen:

When we talk about it in school, the most people think that it is okey, so I stand up for it ( that I play it). But we don't talk about it so much, the most people talk about WoW, beacuse it is more people playing that in my school.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

In 2004/2005 alot played for maybe a week then they just stopped and only a few still played. Nearly all my friends have played it atleast for a minute but some quit and others didnt like it. I found it funny when a bunch of people told me I was stupid for playing runescape but they had played it themself :D I do have ex-friends who played it but when someone asked them if they played they would say not and that its for babies and stuff. Funny cause they usually skip school to lvl up and stuff ... I talk about it but now less really cause I know rarely play and so do some of my friends.

no because if someone knew i was playing it in real life they would either

1. be amazed, yet beg for free stuff every time they see me in class

2. say i'm a nerd who plays bad graphics boring games and that WoW is 10x better

3. not know what runescape is

Kuja_Cocoa.png