.:.:.:. Are you afraid to speak up...? .:.:.:.

Pinkbullet3

Around my school district area, those who admit to playing RuneScape are generally called "RuneScape nerds" or "somebody with no life." Usually it's the 4th-7th graders who play the most and actually admitting it. So for the sake of not being called that, I usually follow the crowd saying very little except for occasional "yeah"s and "I know"s. But with people who do play the game, I can loosen up.

When RuneScape is brought up and everyone says it's "stupid" or "boring because all you do is click on stuff," do you stand up for (the game)/yourself (highly doubt?) or join in with the crowd? :? :uhh:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they do not talk bout runescape in my school , i told my friend i play, but if they did i would not ruin my reputation more than it already is.

StarViv.png

Stand up for it. Not that the topic of conversation frequently drifts to RuneScape, but when it does, I mention I play(ed). Why would I be ashamed? If that's someone's biggest guilty pleasure, they've lived one boring life.

I am what I am, and I am (was) a RuneScape player.

A lot of people around my neighborhood play RuneScape, and when I hear people call it stupid or make fun of it, I don't really stick up for it. I don't care what other people think, I find it enjoying, and no matter what they may say, I just ignore.

As for talking about it, I usually don't talk much and stay on the downlow except for the "yeah's" and "i know's" lol

None of my friends know what Rs is. Im not ashamed of it, and if someone started talking about the game i would tell them i play it.

Anyway most of the kids in my school that do play Rs are in 7th or 8th grade,and im in 11th. If you are ashamed of Rs then why do you play it?

sorosigjq5.jpg

its not nessecarily that if you play runescape that you're unpopular, but runescape has died out at my school. last year, a lot of people played, but it shifted more towards to guild wars or fable and halo. people do call me a geek because i play it, but i've gotten used to that but i'd rather you not call me that =; :shame:

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

I'm the one that gets all my friends to play.. I'm 21 years old, I don't give a rats [wagon] what you think about what I do. I have a full time job, and play in my time off. Just tell em to piss off. If they get critical, ask them how much time they spend drinking. Everyone has that "stupid" habit. People pick on some one elses to make theirs seem less "unacceptible."

Stand up for it. Not that the topic of conversation frequently drifts to RuneScape, but when it does, I mention I play(ed). Why would I be ashamed? If that's someone's biggest guilty pleasure, they've lived one boring life.

I am what I am, and I am (was) a RuneScape player.

Mhm I'm the same, it never gets brought up but when it does I'll say I play it and nothing gets made of it. Not really that big of a deal lol I wore drag for a school video we had to make so I have no shame :lol:

I'm the one that gets all my friends to play.. I'm 21 years old, I don't give a rats wagon what you think about what I do. I have a full time job, and play in my time off. Just tell em to piss off. If they get critical, ask them how much time they spend drinking. Everyone has that "stupid" habit. People pick on some one elses to make theirs seem less "unacceptible."

lol i spend about the same amount of time on runescape as i do drinking

raditz2004.png

| Combat - 102 | Overall - 1460+ | Questpoints - 155 | [

I also hold a full time job and bout to get promoted (a 7$ an hour raise) I think i do alright for myself and i find time to have a life too... Its just managing your time and not worryin bout anything except your goals...

raditz2004.png

| Combat - 102 | Overall - 1460+ | Questpoints - 155 | [

In my school, the people assumed the game to be for 8-12 years because of the stupid kids running around the game <.<

If i speak up that i play runescape, i get heavy critiscm(sp?) from my classmates for being childish or watever.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Guest Armagedon46disabled

we used to make fun of my friend for playing it just like how friends do amongst each other nothing harmfull, and i made fun of em to lol, saying i didint play which now i havnt touched rs forever

"It's not what people call you, it's what you answer to."

If people want to judge you by the games you play, let them. All it proves is that there's more wrong with them than you. People are always going to talk about you and call you names no matter what you do, what you say or don't say or what games you play. That's just the nature of people.

Don't let people bother you and stand up for what you believe in and like, you'll find yourself happier and more content when you stop worrying about what others think of you and just focus on how you feel about yourself. If you're content to play RuneScape, if it brings you peace in a hectic world, then don't let anyone mess that up on you. If your friend doesn't want to be your friend because you play a particular game, then they're not really your friend, because a real friend won't care what games you play. A true friend will realize that whatever friendship you have is more important than some insignificant piece of recreation.

And I just realized I've been watching too many Tyler Perry DVDs because I can hear Madea saying all of that... :ohnoes:

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I'm the one that gets all my friends to play.. I'm 21 years old, I don't give a rats wagon what you think about what I do. I have a full time job, and play in my time off. Just tell em to piss off. If they get critical, ask them how much time they spend drinking.

I second that! I'm 26 and have a full time job.

Except....I spend some fair time drinking as well... :oops:

But contrary to SOME people, I DO have a life \'

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

last year a few kids called us runescape nerds coz we talked about it during class, then they said 'ruuunessccaaappe' wenever they heard us talk about it, and it was annoying but then we just told em to f off or wreck them, they were not funny at all wen they made jokes

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

When I was in school, I didn'tt give a shaitan about what those idiots around me thought. In fact, I enjoyed to be annoyingly different.

In school I did alchemical experiments at home, studied Taichi and Kendo, went to Buddhist commune after school and wore a teeshirt with "Chtulhu, Chtulhu, Chtulhu" written on it, and everybody in class were afraid to touch me cause what I did was way too unusual for them.

Runescape, of course, is not Kendo, but it's still important to remember, that you don't necessarily have to care about what others think of you.

Double Post, sorry. #-o

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Back in secondary school I was already thought of being geeky just for being knowledgeable on computing and no I don't think Runescape would have been popular in a girl's school.

On the contrary, I used to mock my brother for playing Runescape and making so guides for it... Not until I realised how interesting the game actually is.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I have no problem admitting that I play rs, for 2 reasons:

1)I don't really care what other people say about me (unless it's funny and I get a good chuckle out of it :P )

2) I'm quite good at making someone look bad. Personally tailored insults are quite handy if someone gets a kick out of mocking you.

At leats I don't...

Says the man who...

Most teenage guys play some sort of video game, and most teengae girls don't know enough about them to judge which games they play, so I see no problem in admitting what I play. Some of my friends will mock me, but in the immortal words of Carlos Mencia:

"Friends are later or you're gonna be with you're homeboy/homegirl/friend/whatever and you're gonna be like 'hey dude let's go to 7/11 it's always open' 'like your mom!' (insert wierd laughter that only carlos mencia can do) "

*chuckles at Carlos Mencia*

Point is that any even remotely close friend you have is going to insult you on a regular basis, it's what friends do(well at least with teenagers). If you're that worried about what the guys are gonna think of you, then you obviously don't hang out with the guys very often.

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

People my own age don't mind, people a year older tease us. :shame:

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

the only place where i actually talk about computer gamer is withmy friends at school, and the first time i told them, they were like: "lol, go spend youre money on a real game like wow",etc. But now they accepted it and we have a cool time.

my other friends dont care at all. i doubt if the even know it; they think i dont play the computer that much, cuz when i play rs (a lot), i dont have msn on. :P :)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif