WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF RUNESCAPE?

gotsol

My daughter plays too, and she usually tryes to bribe me to help her with quests (me sitting beside her sipping my coffee and tell her what to do) or give her cool stuff like the others have ("Girl, it isnt funny to just get things, you need to work for them!") by promising me to either "mom I do dishes for like a month!" or "What if I do ALL the chores for like say 2 weeks plus make dinner, you dont have to do a thing?"

Hmmmm wonders if this falls under real life item trading? :oops:

Banned please? Joking, and it's nice to see parents enjoying the game with their children.

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy. My parent absolutely HATE me playing. They HATE it! They think that this is a "waste of time" and I could use it more wisely. :roll: I can only play 20 minutes a day! 30 minutes on WEEKDAYS! (which is why my characters stats stink)

• 2 weeks later...

keep it coming

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

So with the new release of the parent guide I thought it would be a good time to ask what ur parents, parent, or guardian think of runescape..,,,

My parents have a split view, my mom doesnt really care she just wants me to do what I want, and my dad hates runescape and all computers he is the jock type and wants me to excel in sports lame.....

not lame, Sports and friends > Runescape.

i would of done that but then again my conscience can kill so i dont want to get it ticked off at me :XD: :uhh: i think it heard me *runs*

i actually read the whole parent guide thing......

very detailed

try and get one of your parents to read it might change their minds

A dragon is only a lizard with a Diploma

To my parents, a video game is a video game. And that's my thinking, too. They're all a waste of time, and that's their purpose. RS is no different; a way to fill voids in schedules. Fortunately for me, they've acknowledged I am a chronic slacker. If I didn't waste time playing RS, I'd waste time with another game (and I often do), or shooting the ducks in the pond or whatnot.

Really, though, as long as those "voids" in my daily life aren't too big of a gap between errands, neither my family, nor myself care if I click a few pixels to pass the time. It beats having to: A) turn on the idiot box and flip through several dozen channels to find something I can tolerate and vegetate on the couch, or: B) hook up my PS2 (I consider myself a gamer, but I'm a cheap gamer), find a game that I haven't beaten into oblivion many, many times and vegetate on the recliner.

At least RS is constantly changing and gets my mind thinking and calculating to some degree.

Just my .02USD.

my dad likes the skill side to runescape like farming and crafting. he thinks it is a survival game...rofl! :XD: my mum does her work on the computer but we got 2 computers now so i can go on runescape when i can now. i used to wait ages nd ages.

single_skill1133807785.png

Starksy and Hutch - DO IT DO IT DO IT

My parents don't care as long as it doesn't affect my life, i.e. making me stay up to extreme hours and not getting enough sleep, making me skip homework, etc.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

My parents don't mind the game itself, but that I play it more than they would like. They are currently about to restrict my game play time.

Similar story with me.

My dad doesn't really like it, he always seems to 'invent' reasons to get me off the computer. But if I spend some time with him, do things he likes, he normally doesn't mind. I guess you have to give a little to get a little back.

My mum normally doesn't mind me playing at all. As long as my h/w is done, she doesn't mind.

I'm pretty satisfied with myself. I get top grades and normally get about 1 and a half hours of RS a day.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

My parents don't mind to much but get worried when I play for ages, but luckily I have a laptop (bought by them :thumbsup: ) and a sleepout so I can continue playing past when they gone to bed :thumbsup:

Mikel2311-Saris_night.gif

funnysigzl9.jpg

Dragon Drops: 2 x Dragon Legs, Dragon Spear

Mom = "What's a game?"

Dad = Doesn't really care, thinks I should study a bit more but still gave me membership. Doesn't really get the point of games but isn't bothered.

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.