New capes... Will they really last?

Flame_guy3

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flame, your a very jealous person, by pretending that you are not one of the noobs complaining shows a really ugly side of your personality. Jealousy is very ugly.

When a noob calls someone a no lifer, it takes a 12yr old child to understand that the real no lifer is the noob.

A normal person spends 2 hrs on a game he enjoys for fun.

A noob spends 2 hours of his day insulting others over the internet.

Which is worse?

Theese capes arent really meant so much for their bonuses, as to just show off your stats. You shouldnt really have many * tell you that you have no life unless you go on a f2p server. Sure theyll last, what would you rather wear then a lvl 99 cape? exept for a fire cape ofcourse...
If you got a fire cape people would think you had some fun killing stuff.... But come on oh yeah you can click on the same few spots for hours on end, Amazing! And ooh yeah you spent a few million pixel money achieving it too... achievement indeed...

Why do you post achievements in your sig ? Would be just as 'geeky' as a lvl 99-skiller showing his achievement inside the game (according to you) except of course for the time the 99-er has spent on the skill, which makes him/her the geek.

As long as new people will get lvl 99 skills, they'll be getting one, even if only for just the heck of it. They're here to stay till the next fad.

No im not calling people with lvl 99 skills geeks, but that is what a vast majority of the rs community will look at it as... You know its the truth. Is a cape worth being called a geek and no lifer all the time?

Reading through these 3 pages I've made a conclusion: Flame_guy3 you are jealous because you are so freaking far away of getting a 99 skill cape yourself. All you post on this thread is that people getting 99 in a skill-> a cape, are geeks and will be called no lifers. No way. If you see a person with a party-hat you don't call him no lifer though he may have spent months/years working to get it. Same goes for the cape. I would say: "hey man, cool cape and 99 X-SKILL".

Capes don't really give people a need or desire for getting 99 in a skill. The capes are just an extra bonus for people reaching their goals.

I think of it this way: I may spend hours on this game, but still I don't see it as being more worse that watching tv instead. Or reading a book. As long as I don't play 5 hours a day. RS is my way of relaxing :)

Ghost

I was never calling people geeks, but its obvious people will eventually bring that up when you get into an argument and why would i be jealous? :-s

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Flame, your a very jealous person, by pretending that you are not one of the noobs complaining shows a really ugly side of your personality. Jealousy is very ugly.

When a noob calls someone a no lifer, it takes a 12yr old child to understand that the real no lifer is the noob.

Which is worse?

I'm not trying to provoke a flame war or pretending anything, yes rs is fun but these capes represent time more than anything... <.<

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Once I get 99 skill, my reaction to "NO LIFER" would be, "don't be jealous because I have a 99 stat, and you don't."

Reticked.png

189th to achieve "100" firemaking

If wearing a 99 Defence cape gets you called a nerd, then 126 would be what, 10 times worse?.

i'd say 5 times worse, 99def = 1 skill, getting 126 cb = 99str,att,def,hp,prayer = 5 skills 8-)

But prayer is much harder (in terms of it requiring a lot of gp), especially since the release of PC.. Now that combat is extremely easy/fast.

So I'd say prayer counts for at least 2 ;) :-w

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Which is worse?

Smmmmeeelllll the irony!

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If wearing a 99 Defence cape gets you called a nerd, then 126 would be what, 10 times worse?.

i'd say 5 times worse, 99def = 1 skill, getting 126 cb = 99str,att,def,hp,prayer = 5 skills 8-)

But prayer is much harder (in terms of it requiring a lot of gp), especially since the release of PC.. Now that combat is extremely easy/fast.

So I'd say prayer counts for at least 2 ;) :-w

Yes, but they've maxed out *5* 99's, so they're like soooo totally nerds, right? :roll:

Ok, if you weigh 130 lbs at 5'8" and somebody calls you fat, does it bother you? Of course not. You know better. But if you weigh 230 lbs at 5'6", that insult might hold a bit more meaning.

It would be easy to say that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in this game has been called noob at some time or other. Maybe it was back when you did Dragon slayer wearing a mix of addy and rune, maybe when you stole someone's kill, maybe you just were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unless you are overly sensitive, it never really bothered you. You know they are just trying to be a jerk/are mad cause you took a kill/irritated them, and that it doesn't reflect on you.

It's just a childish insult.

I'm somewhat nearing my first 99 (Currently 91 str. Just don't remind me I don't even have half the xp for 99 :wall: ). My stats aren't that great for someone who has played as long a I have, and I am certainly not a "no-lifer". When I finally hit max strength, I'm not going to hide my cape just so some geek won't insult me.

The only way being called a no-lifer would anger me is if I were one. I'm not. It doesn't bother me. If it bothers you, then maybe you should rethink how you spend your time.

personally i just wanna see how they look

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

Of course they will last. At least they will with me. I'll wear mine with pride (for all my 99's and soon to be 99's). People can call me a no lifer or a geek if they want I dont really care (in fact I agree with them), but its not a waste of time if I enjoy it and my friends will think its cool along with the nice people in runescape.

Of course they will last. At least they will with me. I'll wear mine with pride (for all my 99's and soon to be 99's). People can call me a no lifer or a geek if they want I dont really care (in fact I agree with them), but its not a waste of time if I enjoy it and my friends will think its cool along with the nice people in runescape.

/\/0 L1F3R

J/k, nice stats :thumbsup:

If i had a lv 99 skill i would wear it no matter what. Even if they call me a no lifer, i know myself it's not true. I could care less what somebody i will never meet thinks/says about me.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

Why would Jagex release an item into the game that would just cause choas? Im sure they researched into this before "actually" going through with the idea, Im pretty sure that there are way more people that will respect people with 99's and congratule them, than the amount of "people" that would just insult people as they personally don't have the skill and envy them, Basic Message, these capes are they to show an "ACHIEVEMENT" not to call you a geek or nerd. Im sure most people will respect them, and you can always ignore those who don't.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Why would Jagex release an item into the game that would just cause choas? Im sure they researched into this before "actually" going through with the idea, Im pretty sure that there are way more people that will respect people with 99's and congratule them, than the amount of "people" that would just insult people as they personally don't have the skill and envy them, Basic Message, these capes are they to show an "ACHIEVEMENT" not to call you a geek or nerd. Im sure most people will respect them, and you can always ignore those who don't.
to add, the people that call others noobs/no lifers are typically no lifers themselves, or are just little 5 years olds that are jealous. You cant take them seriously. Whenever I get a negative comment from someone I just "lol" them until they leave \'

They have bonuses, so odds are things like the Attack cape will have a large attack bonus which will help in every day fighting situations, so it will last long.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

If the combat capes (well I can only wear hp so far) are good, I'll wear them everywhere. I'm rarely called a no lifer in game anywhere, mainly cause I hang out in higher lvled areas I guess. Although just recently I was walking through lumby when some lvl 20 something just came up to me and said "omg lvl 120 no life!!1" But seriously I could care less what people say. Why would I work for lvl 99 if I was going to be embarrased to wear it?

And either way. Are any of the people saying that kind of stuff about the capes even high lvl themselves?

hmmm... i will never, ever!!! get another cape than quest cape (being the easiest, by far... only need this first :s

65smithing

50 runecrafting

61crafting

57 herblore

49 farming

err... some time left too

and no, i don't care about beeng called "no-lifer" by someone i don't know more about that what pixels they prefere as a "pixel-look"

Scherzo.png

i couldn't care less if some punk kid came up to me and said im a nerd. i really dont give a crap about what other people think. in fact im trying to get 99 fletch asap to get the fletch cape

Ralvn.png

"He who has an opinion of his own, but depends on the opinions and tastes of others, is a slave." ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

Of course they will last. Firecapes have been out a while now and they are still very popular. Things like 99 agility capes will be rarer then firecapes.

People don't get called no life as much as people think. I've been thieving for probably 3 months now with one 1 week break. Almost 58m thieving xp and i haven't been called no life once. So i really doubt that anyone with a 99 cape on would be called "no life"more then they would without it.

And the ones who do say no life are just jealous.