South Park - Make love, not warcraft (won an Emmy)

DragnFly

For those of you who haven't seen it, as the title suggests last nights south park was a poke at world of warcraft, and MMORPGs in general. A hilarious season premiere.

Recap of the episode:

The boys are playing the MMORPG World of WarcraftÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî and his father notes that StanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s been playing the game all weekend. While attempting to go on a quest, the boys encounter a character they had encountered the night before, a character kills them without remorse. The boys call the gameÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s help desk at Blizzard EntertainmentÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî, where they promise to try to find the player and get him banned. The executives at the company realize that this player has reached a level that they thought was unreachable. Even their system administrators canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t kill this character and he grows stronger everyday. They realize that theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve encountered a player that ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åabsolutely has no life.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and have become overweight, gotten lots of acne, and play games more than they sleep.. It's sad, but true..

are you saying this is true of all runescape etc players? coz looking down, theres no overhang in sight and my face is as smooth as a baby's arse....

also, without 10 + hours of sleep a night im incredibly grumpy and depressed so methinks you might be speaking out of experience... :-k

supernovasigst7.jpg

All I can say about last night's South Part Episode is this -> "Mom! Bathroom!"

Btw, it's sad how addicting some games can be. My friend's grandmother started playing World of Warcraft at 11PM last night and at 6AM the next morning she was around level 28. So he put a parental block on his computer so his grandmother couldn't play (she was playing on his comp).

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

It's good Blizzard was being a great sport about it...It's obvious they had some help from Blizzard in creating it...They were using animations not even in the game, etc.

Blizzard also publicized it on their website...I'd wager that was one of the most viewed episodes ever...According to my friends on WoW (I don't play anymore, talked on MSN) almost everyone on their servers were /afk watching South Park. People were even skipping raids (It was on at 9 PM, prime time for raiding) to watch it.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

All I can say about last night's South Part Episode is this -> "Mom! Bathroom!"

Btw, it's sad how addicting some games can be. My friend's grandmother started playing World of Warcraft at 11PM last night and at 6AM the next morning she was around level 28. So he put a parental block on his computer so his grandmother couldn't play (she was playing on his comp).

I read about this a lot on some message boards, old people get VERY addicted to the aspect that there are tons of people online all the time and it's very easy to get started.

It was the best episode yet.

"Mom bring down some more hotpockets"

"Uber cool"

and

"I like hello kitty island adventure 2 better"

LOL. I loved that

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

My favorite part was when Stan's dad was explaining the game to his coworker and the dude walks up to him and *stab*... dead. And they act all serious about the game, like when Stan's dad was given the memory card for the sword of a thousand truths and held it up like it was some kind of holy grail, and when he died giving stan the sword and did all those moaning sounds like he was really dying! :XD:

("\(.:...:.)/")

So FUNNY. My favourite part that I almost spit out was when Cartman was telling Clive to shoot with his bow and there was a shot of Clive looking at a Playboy magazine.

I can't remember the exact quote, but another gold was when Butters admitted to playing a different game during the meeting.

@Nad: dailymotion[.]com search for the episode there.

when i first looked at south park. i switched the channel cause the characters looked like a bunch of hippies... :-#

thnx for pointing out WoW though, my most fav MMORPG, played it longer then runescape, and have way more experience.

WoW in South Park, eh I heard it in school today. :?

*draws suspicion on DragnFly*

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Best episode ever! Sorta reminds me of me and my buddies on RS.... :ohnoes:

Good way to start the season though. ::'

rssig1.jpg

To stand in the valley of death is one thing, to not have been able to stop the chaos is another.

Best episode in a while, very hilarious.

I play a lot and I didn't feel offended at all.

And, as always, Butters was classic.

Butters: "Um, I don't have World of Warcraft.."

Cartman: "What? But you said you were on your computer all the time."

Butters: "Yeah, but I play Hello Kitty Island Adventure 2"

Cartman: "...."

IRKAa.jpg

and have become overweight, gotten lots of acne, and play games more than they sleep.. It's sad, but true..

are you saying this is true of all runescape etc players? coz looking down, theres no overhang in sight and my face is as smooth as a baby's arse....

also, without 10 + hours of sleep a night im incredibly grumpy and depressed so methinks you might be speaking out of experience... :-k

I think you took that horribly out of text.. I'm talking about people I know that something like this happened to. So you're lucky enough to not get acne/become overweight without exercise but not everyone is as lucky as you. I'm not going to argue with you about this so if you want to keep it up, feel free to pm me...

Only episode of South Park I could stand to watch.

It was going great until the bloody diarhea. That was just sick.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I thought it was a funny episode, not sure about their "best" though. Still though, it had some funny moments.

Stan's dad: I have no time to talk, take this sword!

*long pause*

Stan's dad: uh... how do I trade?

:lol: . I love it too when they are talking to stan's dad (the blizard workers) and say "we can't actualy trust this sword to a noob!".

God that was an AMAZING episode. The whole episode is on youtube in 3 parts I believe. Tons of uploaders trying to get more channel views :roll: .

The diarhea thing was just gross. But Butters with his "Hello Kitty Island Adventure" Made me LOL :lol: . That was just classic.