The Abyss: A complete runecrafting guide (AoW Disccusion)

mario_sunny

Currently working on that equipment update, expect a LARGE update as well as a section being split in two. Bascially the second half of section I is being totally re-done.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUIDE UPDATE

8/6/07

• [*:294gdisg]Equipment completely re-done with seven different sets to choose from

[*:294gdisg]Mini-stat bonus dictionary added under equipment

[*:294gdisg]Item dictionary updated with newest equipment

This is an update I'm sure many people have been looking foward to. I've seen a lot of good suggestions for equipment in some of the most recent pages, so I'm proud to present this lovely equipment update.

GUIDE UPDATE

8/7/07

• [*:294gdisg]Guide completely reviewed(again) to remove unecessary information and pictures for easier and faster read(22% chopped off from original guide)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• 2 weeks later...

I actually use a strategy that I have yet to see outlined by any guide, including yours. First off, I don't bother with anything but weight reducing gear and a bronze pickaxe (I figure if a PKer wants to kill me with teleblock armor isn't going to help me). I have my pouches and essence in my inventory, along with a house teleport tablet. After I've crafted my runes I teleport to my house and use the mounted glory amulet there to teleport myself back to edgeville. I've found this the safest, cheapest, and lowest-risk way to craft using the Abyss. Just wanted to point out a method that you missed :shame: Otherwise very nice guide :thumbsup:

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

This is a great guide i have always wanted to rune craft since

i saw toshiba 23 but had no idea how to. This guide has told me

every thing i need to know , thank you very much for making it.

I believe at the end "Picture of you being attacked my a pker"

is a spelling mistake.

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

Rather than taking a glory with you you could take some house teletabs with you and use them to teleport to your house, where you can put a glory in a quest hall. This will then give unlimited charges for teleporting to edgeville.

Advantages of this are :

No need to recharge your glory

You won't lose your glory

Your teletabs can double up as your '1 click teleport'

Just an idea, that's all...

nice guide .... helped me out a lot ...

just a little hint ... with your inventory setup put your pouches one under the other ...

that way once u click empty your mouse is already on the next pouch...

crystal_cape.png

16537th to get 99 fletching 20th june 2007

quest cape achieved 25th january 2008

1700 total 13th july 2008

click for blog

• 2 weeks later...

Mario, you gave me permission to give these suggestions which you already veiwed, so here goes :D

Note: My friend paintbrush10 told me about the camera angle thing.

Ok, my inventory:

rcinvent.png

and here is why I use this inventory: The Super energy helps loads, and I make them myself with herbs I grow, so no cash wasted there, and herblore experience gained. Carrying it in your inventory is only 1 space wasted, and saves alot of time, considering taking it out, sipping, and putting back in the bank takes alot of time.

The teleport of course, for when an entangle gets lucky and hits of my mage defence.

I use house tabs, because if you die of poison in there, you just die and reapear outside, with your stuff (not tested, but i've been told). Another perk is if you have a glory in your house you can use it to tele back, and not waste a charge on yours.

Now, you may be wondering why I arrange my pouches like this.

From left to right, I either do that, or giant large medium small.

If you've ever rced with pouches, I don't have to explain that, but I will explain why they're on the 6th row.

This is because if I right click the center, this happens:

rcpouch.png

I merely have to right click and left click rapidly to empty them all.

Ok, now for some more complex stuff, camera angles.

I'm only going to talk about the angle as you teleport to edge. If you position it right you can run to the bank as soon as you get there, and bank.

have your screen at this position (camera all the way down, remember) after you finish crafting the natures:

cameraanglenat.png

after you click edgeville on your glory, move your mouse to that position. When you get to edge, it will be like this:

bankposition.png

just click and right click, and as you're running click use quickly. You can un-equip a glory if you need to, and don't have to click again.

That's my input for you mario, if you don't like it just remove it :D

Oh, and yes, I use a dueling ring. Why? I often forget to replace my glories twice within a half hour, and I don't want to be stuck at the nat alter/walk back.

snowsigyy7.png

Mario, you gave me permission to give these suggestions which you already veiwed, so here goes :D

Note: My friend paintbrush10 told me about the camera angle thing.

Ok, my inventory:

rcinvent.png

and here is why I use this inventory: The Super energy helps loads, and I make them myself with herbs I grow, so no cash wasted there, and herblore experience gained. Carrying it in your inventory is only 1 space wasted, and saves alot of time, considering taking it out, sipping, and putting back in the bank takes alot of time.

The teleport of course, for when an entangle gets lucky and hits of my mage defence.

I use house tabs, because if you die of poison in there, you just die and reapear outside, with your stuff (not tested, but i've been told). Another perk is if you have a glory in your house you can use it to tele back, and not waste a charge on yours.

Now, you may be wondering why I arrange my pouches like this.

From left to right, I either do that, or giant large medium small.

If you've ever rced with pouches, I don't have to explain that, but I will explain why they're on the 6th row.

This is because if I right click the center, this happens:

rcpouch.png

I merely have to right click and left click rapidly to empty them all.

Ok, now for some more complex stuff, camera angles.

I'm only going to talk about the angle as you teleport to edge. If you position it right you can run to the bank as soon as you get there, and bank.

have your screen at this position (camera all the way down, remember) after you finish crafting the natures:

cameraanglenat.png

after you click edgeville on your glory, move your mouse to that position. When you get to edge, it will be like this:

bankposition.png

just click and right click, and as you're running click use quickly. You can un-equip a glory if you need to, and don't have to click again.

That's my input for you mario, if you don't like it just remove it :D

Oh, and yes, I use a dueling ring. Why? I often forget to replace my glories twice within a half hour, and I don't want to be stuck at the nat alter/walk back.

I put pouches in a vertical row. Then when you right click and empty, your mouse is on the next pouch. Silly, but does save a few seconds.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Very nice guide

I'm going to use this after 85 mining and when i start rcing

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Question;

Been making nats for a while but everytime i walk past the blood rift i wonder what you need to do to enter it ?, some quest or some lvl that you need to have (done) to do it or is it just not possible ?

Not possible.

Well now technically blood crafting is possible. :P The ZMI altar actually spits out bloods sometimes! Which leads me to my next statement...

FUTURE UPDATES

• [*:2yu2785g]Super energy calculations and tips

[*:2yu2785g]User suggestions reviewed and implemented into the guide

[*:2yu2785g]Image updates

[*:2yu2785g]New section: ZMI altar(should be the biggest one!)

dangsig.png

Amazing guide. =D>

Only two things wrong with it as I see it.

Number one, you state that monsters are non-aggressive to players under level X. The non shouldn't be there. And number two, I believe Jagex made an update where you can still be attacked in the wild even if you're in combat with a monster, so the skeleton evasion thing no longer works.

Really well written, you put a lot of work into this guide, and it shows.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...