The Abyss: A complete runecrafting guide (AoW Disccusion)

mario_sunny

Sadly, our items database is not always completely correct. I imagine the Items DB crew has not yet gotten the weights for dragonhide. However, I can assure you, it does have weight. My own pictures prove that - where I had -7kg with full ghostly, simply taking my red dragonhide body out of the bank and putting it on put me up to 0kg.

Here is a picture of me with body and chaps for red dragonhide, with the same inventory as the two earlier pictures:

fulldhidebc1.png

I would agree that a home teleport tablet is the way to go... if you have a house. I am one of those weird people who refuses to get a house for now, and as such, a home teleport tablet would take me absolutely nowhere.

I am not aware that the mithril pickaxe weighs any more or less than the other pickaxes, but I will look into that.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah yes, seemed kind of strange that the dragonhgide chaps would have no weight so i guess ill just have to test all the items ingame.

also just as a tip for you: get a house and get 61-67 construction as it helps in all sorts of ways even though it costs a decent amount :thumbsup:

if i can ill try and get up some info and pics asap but due to happenings irl i might not be able to do so until thursday night

newsignature1fs8.png

it sez the only way to get d hide other than gree is from other players

you can get black from lvl 3 tt's. you forgot to add that

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

i'd assume addy would weigh a little more...just cause addy weighs more in everything...

hm, it'd be interestin to see.

It doesn't, I checked all of them to see if any were different. Only the Mith pickaxe weighed 1kg (has it changed since I checked it? Which wasn't that long ago) less than the others(all except Mithril weigh 2kg).

Hmm, I didn't realise Dhide chaps Weigh nothing, I'll have to try that out. :XD:

EDIT: DHide chaps do weigh something.

I, myself, am in the 91-99 Runecrafting range, and can make up to and over 1.1m an hour, without using super energies, while talking to people, hopping worlds for pkers, and generally not concentrating. If I had chat off, used super energies and the lightest equipment I could, and forced myself to concentrate hard for an hour, I wouldn't be surprised If I could make over 4k natures an hour. 4000 * 300 = 1.2m, atleast.

U forgot to minus the p ess price =P

4000 * 300 - 200k(200,000) = Around 1m.

Remember, it's only half the ess too.

I would've added this into my last post, but I didn't see your reply before I posted. :oops:

i'd assume addy would weigh a little more...just cause addy weighs more in everything...

hm, it'd be interestin to see.

It doesn't, I checked all of them to see if any were different. Only the Mith pickaxe weighed 1kg (has it changed since I checked it? Which wasn't that long ago) less than the others(all except Mithril weigh 2kg).

Hmm, I didn't realise Dhide chaps Weigh nothing, I'll have to try that out. :XD:

well according to a picture from SaidinWot they do weigh something but im going to test it anyways(i used data from the tip.its item database). also if the tip it items database is not always correct i might have to test all the other items of an ideal suit ingame <.<

so mithril does have a weight.... tip.its item database is less reliable than i though :shock: lol

also the 1kg weight is not too big of a deal as it only shortens the use of 1% energy by about 0.02 seconds but still worth noting

newsignature1fs8.png

The items base is a HUGE project with a comparatively small staff. Most of the data is accurate, but when a new feature (Weight has only been recently added) is stuck in there, it takes a while to gather data for all 4000+ items in the game. I know how much work the Items DB Crew do, and I'm personally quite amazed.

As for 'only' shortening the use by a small amount of time, that adds up quickly in terms of energy usage. 0kg or lower is the way to go - you are guaranteed the lowest energy/minute usage in the game, as it is the lowest [natural] weight in the game.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Here's a few screenshots I took to prove that Dhide does have a weight, and that the mith pickaxe weighs 1kg:

Dhide Chaps

Dhide Body

Mith Pick

Rune Pick

Just to note, I had not seen the mith pickaxe being suggested in any other guide when I thought to add it to my own. :-w

just to let everyone know, you pwn me. :XD: (you too Saidin)

also these pics are very helpfull. this means the best suit (as in crafting max nats per hour) is actually different than we might expect. the only thing left to do is look into the max magic boosting defensive gear that also weighs 0kg (which so far ghostly covers but we would be looking for better). I will be getting on tonight and might be able to get some info if im not too busy, such as the weight of bearhead, mind items, ect. along with a "currently best discovered full suit picture at the maximum negative weight" if i can gather all the items.

newsignature1fs8.png

going on rs tonight, which means ill have a chance to take some pics if i remember :thumbsup:

also through various pics and other sources i beleive that the mind shield weight either 0kg or less than 1kg

the only main thing i have left to do is see if he bearhead weighs something and if it does then im gonna have to test a mind helmet as well (arg thats gonna take a while to get -.- )

and also for the guide: you only list the "almost best" in magic defensive suit that is also cheap but you havent listed a more than weightless suit with high magic defense or an "almost best" suit that weighs the least possible.

i think that through random information from all the posts on this guide and some more contributions from players you could add a chart of a magic defense suit from best stuff to worst:

spottier cape>spotty cape>saradromin/zamorak/guthix cape>legends cape>normal cape

and then one for the best weightless suit

bearhead(?)>mind helmet(?)>ghostly hood>gnome/canfis hat>wizrards hat

like that for each item as most of the other guides use would definitely improve that guides quality

newsignature1fs8.png

going on rs tonight, which means ill have a chance to take some pics if i remember :thumbsup:

also through various pics and other sources i beleive that the mind shield weight either 0kg or less than 1kg

the only main thing i have left to do is see if he bearhead weighs something and if it does then im gonna have to test a mind helmet as well (arg thats gonna take a while to get -.- )

and also for the guide: you only list the "almost best" in magic defensive suit that is also cheap but you havent listed a more than weightless suit with high magic defense or an "almost best" suit that weighs the least possible.

i think that through random information from all the posts on this guide and some more contributions from players you could add a chart of a magic defense suit from best stuff to worst:

spottier cape>spotty cape>saradromin/zamorak/guthix cape>legends cape>normal cape

like that for each item as most of the other guides use would definitely improve that guides quality

Don't bother, it's in my guide (click the link in my sig) and it has been there for months. Lerupia top and legs provide a little bit better melee defence than ghostly and also weigh nothing, but give no magic defence. It's all in my guide. :|

Don't bother, it's in my guide (click the link in my sig) and it has been there for months. Lerupia top and legs provide a little bit better melee defence than ghostly and also weigh nothing, but give no magic defence. It's all in my guide. :|

lol now you tell me -.-

[hide=click for brutally graphic image]owohohowdy7.png

their not normal! :-$ [/hide]

after all that work of getting these i might as well post em

[hide=clicky clicky for my pics]abbysmindshieldaz2.png

abbysholybookrh1.png[/hide]

oh and you can take my word for it that the bearhead doesnt weigh a thing. oh and the mind shield is going for the win on the "ult pro rc suit" for now

also the reason i have a crystal in my invent and not a teletab is my construction level is so -.-

so my pics arent 100% accurate

ps. you could use a more.... eye catching link (unlike mine :XD: ) in ur sig to get people to visit your thread (lol i didnt notice till you pointed it out #-o )

newsignature1fs8.png

[

Gp per hour

Your probably wondering now how much you make! I'm sure that's why most of you newcomers clicked on this guide. If you get really fast and know what you're doing, you can seriously make this much per hour:

44-49 runecrafting: 160k

50-74 runecrafting: 210k

75-90 runecrafting: 275k

91-99 runecrafting: 600k :ohnoes:

Not even a shark fisher with 88 fishing could rack up enough sharks to get 160k per hour. The abyss is a great moneymaker. Read on to see how you can become an abyssal crafter today, and even if you've been doing this for a while, you might find some helpful hints that you didn't know already.

I dont understand this, what do u rc ?

If u rc nats, there would be no differense from 44-91, always the same per hour.

I can make 1600 nats per hour with lvl 64 rc. 1600*200 (300 for nats-100 for pure ess) = 320k per hour

Where do u get 160k from ? And the other weird stuff ?

[

Gp per hour

Your probably wondering now how much you make! I'm sure that's why most of you newcomers clicked on this guide. If you get really fast and know what you're doing, you can seriously make this much per hour:

44-49 runecrafting: 160k

50-74 runecrafting: 210k

75-90 runecrafting: 275k

91-99 runecrafting: 600k :ohnoes:

Not even a shark fisher with 88 fishing could rack up enough sharks to get 160k per hour. The abyss is a great moneymaker. Read on to see how you can become an abyssal crafter today, and even if you've been doing this for a while, you might find some helpful hints that you didn't know already.

I dont understand this, what do u rc ?

If u rc nats, there would be no differense from 44-91, always the same per hour.

I can make 1600 nats per hour with lvl 64 rc. 1600*200 (300 for nats-100 for pure ess) = 320k per hour

Where do u get 160k from ? And the other weird stuff ?

the guide probably estiamates low as to not let people down when they are not able to craft the same amount per hour.

a little info on why the charts increases are where they are:

every time the cash per hours goes up is also the same time that you can use a new pouch :thumbsup:

also the reason your income is more than doubled when you reach level 91 is because you craft double natures, PER ESS

this means you spending half on the essence as you normally would per nature rune you craft

newsignature1fs8.png

• 1 month later...

For gp/hour, at level 59 you can craft double cosmics. If ess costs 100ea and each cosmic costs 180ea you can make 260gp per ess used. Now, with 3 pouches, that means 42 ess will be used each run. The abyss takes about 1:30-2:00 per run, so that's at least 30 trips so that's...

260(profit per ess) * 42(# of ess crafted) * 30(# of runs per hour) = 330K per hour profit.

Quest Cape gotten.

Fire Cape gotten at 92 cb, no guthans.

• 1 month later...

Now with the lunar spell that allows one cast of another spell book, mage pk-ers might be verry dangerous if they have it (imaging first being teleblocked; second getting ice barraged and finished off with drag dagger p++ :ohnoes: )

• 2 weeks later...

When it says "non aggressive" in the Enemies of the Abyss section, isn't it supposed to be "aggressive?"

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Attention everyone:

This guide will soon undergoe a large update or series of small ones. I have decided that this guide is too outdated, and needs to be updated.

I will be using suggestions in this topic and some of my own to fully upgrade this guide. Thank you all for your suggestions, they will not go unheard.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

It's not tooooo outdated! It helped me a lot!

However, you should tack on the fact that having a few games amulets are your friend! Use em to teleport to the games room, which is a stones throw away from the heroes guild. Recharge your glories, and use a glory to tele back to edgeville.

EDIT: I can go make a picture that shows the path from games room to heroes.

sephiroth.jpg

Nefariouspig.pngSeph_ir_oth.png

It's not tooooo outdated! It helped me a lot!

However, you should tack on the fact that having a few games amulets are your friend! Use em to teleport to the games room, which is a stones throw away from the heroes guild. Recharge your glories, and use a glory to tele back to edgeville.

EDIT: I can go make a picture that shows the path from games room to heroes.

Well to me it is, there are already a countless number of errors I have found just from scanning over the first few sections. :(

How silly of me that I forgot to mention games necklaces! And to think all these months of this guide being up and me using them I never actually put them into the guide. #-o

Thanks for reminding me, I'll add that to the to-do list for the update. :)

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather make my own picture, if you'd understand.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

GUIDE UPDATE

8/3/07

• [*:2h0pd8me]Complete spell and grammar check

[*:2h0pd8me]Complete re-do of guide to look more professional

[*:2h0pd8me]Unecessary parts removed

[*:2h0pd8me]Item dictionary upgraded with more items, now sorted alphabetically for easier use

[*:2h0pd8me]All item appearances updated with current picture

[*:2h0pd8me]All single item images resized to 37 by 37

[*:2h0pd8me]New tips, hints, and easier to read maps

[*:2h0pd8me]All pictures upgraded to fit current graphics change

[*:2h0pd8me]UserÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s suggestions reviewed and added to guide

Hope you enjoy the update everyone :)

FUTURE UPDATES

• [*:2h0pd8me]Equipment to be updated to outfits from most lightweight to best magic defense bonus, plus comparing outfits

[*:2h0pd8me]Super energy calculations and tips

[*:2h0pd8me]Information concerning law making and other runes

dangsig.png