The Abyss: A complete runecrafting guide (AoW Disccusion)

mario_sunny

good guide but abyssal leaches are agressive if u are below 82cb

ah thanks for mentioning that. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to mention that distracting eyes is also a good way to go through....i always get it either my first or second time while the agility has taken up to 5-6 times to get through.

Barrows drops: ahrims staff (2), karils coif, karils xbow, torags plate body, veracs helm.

you might want to mention that distracting eyes is also a good way to go through....i always get it either my first or second time while the agility has taken up to 5-6 times to get through.

With 71 agility I make it nearly everytime the first time through. I think it is mostly because of your levels, the higher agility level the faster you can get in, obviously. I suggest you level up your agility because running to the thieving obstical can really add up on your time.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

You're crazy. That's all I can say. Didn't read the whole thing, but the only thing I could add is uular's idea of only using the largest two pouches to save banking and crafting time. Don't know if its worth it, but its and idea (and uular's idea, I'm not stealing it from him).

You're crazy. That's all I can say. Didn't read the whole thing, but the only thing I could add is uular's idea of only using the largest two pouches to save banking and crafting time. Don't know if its worth it, but its and idea (and uular's idea, I'm not stealing it from him).

No offensive, but that's not a very good idea. Emptying and storing them with essence takes about 5 seconds, and you could have 9 less nats if you did that. Now lets do the math here. 9 x 210 = 1890gp. I would totally take 5 seconds out of my time to make that money. :-k

dangsig.png

My congrats too on being added to the AOW.

Good job mentioning the alternate abyss as a great way to get pouches. Without the risk of PKers, no prayer drain, and being single combat, it's a great place to work for the drops.

I would add however that there are Abyssal demons there. They are non-aggressive towards anyone without the slayer level to kill them. No big deal, just FYI.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Yay mario! I remember you telling me ages ago you were sad that this wasn't in the AOW ::'

Personnaly, I don't wear black d hide, it saves energy, and I barely get hit. I also use super energies.

Oh, by the way, you might wanna change your index from roman numerals to numbers/symbols, cause if people try to ctrl+f to that section, it goes to every word with that letter.

Or, even better yet, make the sections hidden with the BBC hide feature

snowsigyy7.png

Thanks, I'm glad both of you enjoyed the guide.

Unfortunately I am really exhausted from writing this guide, so I'm not going to update it now. When I feel like it though I will add those suggestions.

dangsig.png

I thought you should add a section of fighting back. I saw it was suggested in the first page, but you havent replied to it to that player. I mean, there is nothing better then hopping to another world, pot up, jump the pker, and get some free mystic/ahrim/rune.

Ranged Crave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought you should add a section of fighting back. I saw it was suggested in the first page, but you havent replied to it to that player. I mean, there is nothing better then hopping to another world, pot up, jump the pker, and get some free mystic/ahrim/rune.

Ranged Crave

I feel that idea is a complete waste of time, you could be runecrafting than testing your combat skills. Pkers are not idiots, you're not 100% garantee to get free mage armor/runes. Many people stereotype the average pker as being a stupid low life who just wants to kill people and has anger management problems. But really there are some professional pkers out there, and it's pretty hard to kill them unless you know what you are doing. I'm getting a bit off the main subject there, but honestly I don't recommend this. After all, there will always been rc pkers, killing a couple won't solve your problem.

dangsig.png

i jave question is it possible to do the agility cap with lvl 1 agility if yes how long it would take?

I don't think there is any level requirment, but if one were to do it at that level they might find themselves failing alot. :wink:

dangsig.png

A couple of things i want you to take note:

1) You can't assume practically ALL rc pkers snare then tb. If they do it the other way round, you will die most of the time. I don't encounter such practices of tb first, then entangle rarely.

2) A high mage lvl matters alot. No matter how high magic bonus armor you wear, it affects magic spell accuracy to a small extent. If you only have about 70+, a lvl 80+ mage can entangle/tb you easily, even with lousy mage armour like ghostly robes or such. To be a safe, you should have a lvl of 90+ mage.

3) I notice your guide doesn't say anything about super energies. I tell you super energies are well worth the cost. You rc faster, get exp faster, get 91 rc faster and make money faster in the long run. You can afford to sacrifice some profit before 91 rc to get that lvl more quickly. Even if you use them, you still profit anyway, no harm done.

4) Consider using excalibur special, it gives +10% defence, pretty neat against abyss monsters and ddsers. Still, if you want to save that time using the special, you can choose not to use it, it doesn't affect your progress by a lot

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Hi, I think I've posted a few suggestions for this guide once before, but I came across it a few days ago and was tossing and turning whether or not to post again, but I decided I would anyway.

First off, very nice, guide. I especially like the picture at the top. :)

Gp per hour

Your probably wondering now how much you make! I'm sure that's why most of you newcomers clicked on this guide. If you get really fast and know what you're doing, you can seriously make this much per hour:

44-49 runecrafting: 160k

50-74 runecrafting: 210k

75-90 runecrafting: 275k

91-99 runecrafting: 600k

I, myself, am in the 91-99 Runecrafting range, and can make up to and over 1.1m an hour, without using super energies, while talking to people, hopping worlds for pkers, and generally not concentrating. If I had chat off, used super energies and the lightest equipment I could, and forced myself to concentrate hard for an hour, I wouldn't be surprised If I could make over 4k natures an hour. 4000 * 300 = 1.2m, atleast.

Weapon

I personally bring a mithril pickaxe. When you enter the abyss, the first thing you come to, left or right, is either an agility gap or a mining rock. So it is an extremely good idea to bring a pickaxe, along with a decent agility level. Some people bring woodcutting axes, but pickaxes work the best in the abyss. Some people argue that the rune pick would obviously be the fastest at mining away that chunk of rock, but actually all the pickaxes have an equal effect when mining in the abyss! Then why not use bronze you ask? Well actually mithril is the only pickaxe out of all of them that weight 0.00kg!

Mithril pickaxes weigh 1kg, correct me if I'm wrong. While writing the updated version of my own guide I checked it myself.

Prayer books weigh more than a Mind Shield, and also provide less magic defence bonus (although, provide a slight melee bonus).

The reason why I suggest using House Teleport Tablets is because if you teleport away using one, once you are inside your house, you can not die and lose items from poison (you simply appear outside your house if you die, you can just walk out and back in your house to act as a free anti-poison, also) or from a delayed attack (has never happened to me, but I've heard stories).

Abyssal walker (level 81) is a strange looking monster whom is non aggressive to everyone.

They are aggressive to everyone who has recently entered the abyss.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being negative towards your guide, I really do think it's an awesome guide. I love all the pictures. <3:

nice guide, i might be going p2p so this should help, i dunno, i might just do the gneeral store though cuz its so much safer and simpler

The general store method is quite slow, but safe. It you're know what you're doing in the abyss though(which is the whole point of this guide I suppose), you can reduce the risk of your trip and still keep a great gp per hour.

^To the above suggestions. I will review your posts and re-write the guide. It will not be soon though, as I like to pile up all the suggestions and then post them all at once. Sort of like what I did with the tremendous transformation of this guide. Right now I am still exhausted from writing this guide, but do not worry, your posts will not go unoticed.

dangsig.png

I, myself, am in the 91-99 Runecrafting range, and can make up to and over 1.1m an hour, without using super energies, while talking to people, hopping worlds for pkers, and generally not concentrating. If I had chat off, used super energies and the lightest equipment I could, and forced myself to concentrate hard for an hour, I wouldn't be surprised If I could make over 4k natures an hour. 4000 * 300 = 1.2m, atleast.

U forgot to minus the p ess price =P

91/91 RC!

abys runecrafting is something i do everyday, but i never thought about all these different things that go into it

good guide. 978.7/10 =D> =D>

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I like this guide, its really useful :thumbsup:

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

U forgot to minus the p ess price =P

Yes I noticed that too, 1.1M seems to be way too much. Even with substracting the p ess prices, I thin kreally the most you could make is 700k. Please sir tell me how you make this much, I am very interested. With me not stopping a bit, not even for talking or recharging glories, I can probably do a max of 285k an hour. That times 2x counting for the double nats is 570k, and with the extra p ess you would be buying but aren't would still only add up to be 670k.

dangsig.png

A few things I would like to add/point out:

1. Speed - I can average 2k nature runes per hour [600-660k an hour] at level 87 [4 pouches, no doubling]. I generally get closer to 1.7k an hour because of distractions [510k-561k an hour], but I know others who can go faster [uular has managed 2.3k natures an hour before!]. As such, the claim of 1.1m per hour is perfectly plausible at 91+

2. As stated before me - super energies! These are exceptionally worthwhile, and cheap [especially if you make your own, as I do, making them free :wink: ]. The lack of them may be what's responsible for your max of 285k per hour.

3. Path - There is another path which I have never seen mentioned in a Runecrafting guide. I've drawn it in green below on your map:

mapextentca5.png

It is nearly as quick as the blue line - if not more so - it is almost a direct line to the Zamorak mage, and there is a relatively good chance of being attacked by Skeletons on the way up.

4. Outfit - This is a matter of personal preference, but here is my outfit for Runecrafting:

fullghostki4.png

or alternatively, to add some defence:

wdhidedq7.png

Both weights are the outfit, 4 pouches, one-click teleport [elf crystal] and essence. I generally go for the full ghost, because of my odd quirkiness, but both work perfectly well. This means you run out of energy significantly slower [at any weight 0kg and below, the energy decrease and increase is the same; negative weight simply allows you to carry more before what you are carrying effects your energy], while still having good protection.

5. Drop and save - I am living proof that this works; I have lost pouches once out of the last 30+ times I was tbed before I could reach the mage [what great luck I have!], and this was because the pker was still up there, waiting to kill me yet again! They key is to drop pouches immediately. This opens up 4 inventory spots, which you should quickly fill with your most valuable tradeable armour, then drop. Have your spawn set to Lumbridge, quickly run into the Culinomancer's Chest, grab a glory and a few monkfish [or the relative food of your choice], teleport to Edgeville and run straight up to where you died. Your pouches will be perfectly in tact, and, if you were fast enough [since I have been many times, I assure you it IS possible], what you dropped *and* any untradeable items you may have been using at the time [when I use ghostly robes, my entire outfit is untradeable except the glory, dueling ring, cape, boots, shield and pickaxe - the glory being the only part hard to replace].

6. Recommended one-click teleport: ELF CRYSTAL! You cannot have multiple ectophials in your bank, and replacing them is hard enough. However, if you die after teleporting [poisoned and low health], it is nearly impossible to even get a friend there in time to rescue your belongings. As for lyre, though you can stock many in your bank, it is a frequently used area where anyone could easily come across your items before you. You can have multiple elf crystals AND Lleyta is an area which is generally quite empty.

That wraps up all my suggestions for now. Pretty good guide.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

A few things I would like to add/point out:

1. Speed - I can average 2k nature runes per hour [600-660k an hour] at level 87 [4 pouches, no doubling]. I generally get closer to 1.7k an hour because of distractions [510k-561k an hour], but I know others who can go faster [uular has managed 2.3k natures an hour before!]. As such, the claim of 1.1m per hour is perfectly plausible at 91+

2. As stated before me - super energies! These are exceptionally worthwhile, and cheap [especially if you make your own, as I do, making them free :wink: ]. The lack of them may be what's responsible for your max of 285k per hour.

3. Path - There is another path which I have never seen mentioned in a Runecrafting guide. I've drawn it in green below on your map:

mapextentca5.png

It is nearly as quick as the blue line - if not more so - it is almost a direct line to the Zamorak mage, and there is a relatively good chance of being attacked by Skeletons on the way up.

4. Outfit - This is a matter of personal preference, but here is my outfit for Runecrafting:

fullghostki4.png

or alternatively, to add some defence:

wdhidedq7.png

Both weights are the outfit, 4 pouches, one-click teleport [elf crystal] and essence. I generally go for the full ghost, because of my odd quirkiness, but both work perfectly well. This means you run out of energy significantly slower [at any weight 0kg and below, the energy decrease and increase is the same; negative weight simply allows you to carry more before what you are carrying effects your energy], while still having good protection.

5. Drop and save - I am living proof that this works; I have lost pouches once out of the last 30+ times I was tbed before I could reach the mage [what great luck I have!], and this was because the pker was still up there, waiting to kill me yet again! They key is to drop pouches immediately. This opens up 4 inventory spots, which you should quickly fill with your most valuable tradeable armour, then drop. Have your spawn set to Lumbridge, quickly run into the Culinomancer's Chest, grab a glory and a few monkfish [or the relative food of your choice], teleport to Edgeville and run straight up to where you died. Your pouches will be perfectly in tact, and, if you were fast enough [since I have been many times, I assure you it IS possible], what you dropped *and* any untradeable items you may have been using at the time [when I use ghostly robes, my entire outfit is untradeable except the glory, dueling ring, cape, boots, shield and pickaxe - the glory being the only part hard to replace].

6. Recommended one-click teleport: ELF CRYSTAL! You cannot have multiple ectophials in your bank, and replacing them is hard enough. However, if you die after teleporting [poisoned and low health], it is nearly impossible to even get a friend there in time to rescue your belongings. As for lyre, though you can stock many in your bank, it is a frequently used area where anyone could easily come across your items before you. You can have multiple elf crystals AND Lleyta is an area which is generally quite empty.

That wraps up all my suggestions for now. Pretty good guide.

i can see you are a very experienced runecrafter but after about 5 minutes of research i made some discoveries:

1. according to the tip.it items database both dragonhide chaps and vambraces weight 0kg and have better magic defensive stats than ghostly robes (only use the vambraces if you cannot get your hands on pennance gloves :-s )

2. dont bring a elf crystal, use a home teleport tablet as when you die in your house you lose nothing \' . also if you got a mounted glory you can go strait back to runecrafting :thumbsup: .

3. as is said in guide, the mithril pickaxe weighs 0kg, which is lower than any other pickaxe including bronze :-$

all of the pouches are your only weight plus so at 1kg each pouch and all the weight reducing equipment you have a -8kg weight which is good for keeping run energy up

edit:

even though the difference in weight from the pickaxe only effect your energy consumption by 0.02 energy use per second its still worth noting

also i have come up with a suit for maximum energy conservation which basically replaces the black dragonhide body is replaced with a ghostly robe top:

helm: bearhead

amulet: glory amulet

cape: spottier cape

top: ghostly robetop

bottoms: black dragonhide chaps

weapon: mithril pickaxe

shield: mind shield

gloves: pennance gloves(hope i spelt that right)

boots: boots of lightness

ring: ring of life

the stats of this suit are: 22/8/20/2/24 \ 47/49/52/52/47 \ 22/3

(note thats 52+ magic defense)

since the defensive magic bonus is about half that of the suggested suit you should only use this suit if you are confident that you will not be attacked/killed in the wilderness

ps. the mind sheild(according to tip.it's items database) weighs 0kg which the holy book weighs 1kg

newsignature1fs8.png