The Abyss: A complete runecrafting guide (AoW Disccusion)

mario_sunny

Why not dragonhide vambraces in gloves spot, in keeping with the mage defence theme.

One other possibility springs to mind...

Move along fighting a partner with "fun weapons", same effect as skeleton protection, though you'd need to trust your partner not to pull a real weapon on you - of course, the first one to strike will be skulled immediately, rather than on entry to the abyys.

Vambs actually do not give any mage defense, last time I checked.

Trust. You can't trust anyone in the wilderness. That's not a good idea.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guide, I :3> the pics!

I still think ROD (Ring of Duelling) > ROL (Ring of life) This is why ;

The scenario; you have just been ice barraged and had 2 DDS specs unleashed on you, you are at 30hp and are super poisend, you manage to scramble to the mage and get into the Nature rift. A 6 splats on your screen, eh oh ... I know, ecto! *Teleports* *^45* arrgh! Out of energy *walks humbly to Port Phasmatys bank, 1 minute later, you reach the bank door. Oh dear you are dead. It's pretty hard to get back to Port Phasmatys without your trusty Ecto, so your attire and invent (glory, dhide, pouches etc) are pretty much lost.

Scenario 2; You forget to replace your Glory with a new one with charges, ROD cuts your time by a massive percentage if you simply tele to CW, unlke ectoing, granted, you can you the HomePort tele, but the bank is still a short while away.

ROL; Yes, can save your items, wehn you are TBed, snared and some demented PKer is running up to you, dds in hand, it's really not much use, as said, the Drop'n'save technique is not 100% safe. ROL can no tele you to a bank like ROD, so if you forget to change your Glory and you have to wait for HomePort tele = :?

Anyways that's just my 2 cents.

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

Awesome guide, I :3> the pics!

I still think ROD (Ring of Duelling) > ROL (Ring of life) This is why ;

The scenario; you have just been ice barraged and had 2 DDS specs unleashed on you, you are at 30hp and are super poisend, you manage to scramble to the mage and get into the Nature rift. A 6 splats on your screen, eh oh ... I know, ecto! *Teleports* *^45* arrgh! Out of energy *walks humbly to Port Phasmatys bank, 1 minute later, you reach the bank door. Oh dear you are dead. It's pretty hard to get back to Port Phasmatys without your trusty Ecto, so your attire and invent (glory, dhide, pouches etc) are pretty much lost.

Scenario 2; You forget to replace your Glory with a new one with charges, ROD cuts your time by a massive percentage if you simply tele to CW, unlke ectoing, granted, you can you the HomePort tele, but the bank is still a short while away.

ROL; Yes, can save your items, wehn you are TBed, snared and some demented PKer is running up to you, dds in hand, it's really not much use, as said, the Drop'n'save technique is not 100% safe. ROL can no tele you to a bank like ROD, so if you forget to change your Glory and you have to wait for HomePort tele = :?

Anyways that's just my 2 cents.

Glad you liked it :3>

first: use home teleport, the bank is ten seconds away

second: use home teleport, the bank is ten seconds away. Ecto is about 20, it doesn't cut into your time by a significant amount.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

...Move along fighting a partner with "fun weapons", same effect as skeleton protection, though you'd need to trust your partner not to pull a real weapon on you - of course, the first one to strike will be skulled immediately, rather than on entry to the abyys.

Dude, that's a pretty awesome idea.

Does anyone know of any problems with this method (aside from the trust thing? There are some people I know whom I could trust completely to do this.)? If not, it is without a doubt the best method I've heard of.

Sounds like if you take a bronze pickaxe with you, you're all set.

PS - the guide is quite good too, if you don't have a buddy to fight with ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I worry about when running the abyss is mages. Since IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m only combat 88, it is unlikely (donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t flame me ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t say impossible) that anybody but mages could take me out before I can get away. So, I wear full black dragon with archer helm, snakeskin boots, legends cape, a power ammy (balanced defense and range and cheaper than a glory if I lose it), and ring of life. I carry a magic short (with special set) and 50 p++ rune arrows that I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use for anything else. In inventory, I have one slot with house teletabs, three pouches, and the rest of my esse. If I die and lose most of it, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not the end of the world. Loosing the pouches would be a drag, though.

Anyway, after crafting, I tele to my house, pray (my alter is right near the teleporter), and use the wall glory (beside door to alter) to tele to Edgeville. I bank to restock esse (and eat if needed), then run to the Zammy mage with my ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åprotect from magicÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Why not dragonhide vambraces in gloves spot, in keeping with the mage defence theme.

Move along fighting a partner with "fun weapons", same effect as skeleton protection, though you'd need to trust your partner not to pull a real weapon on you - of course, the first one to strike will be skulled immediately, rather than on entry to the abyys.

Actually Black vambs DO give a magic defence bonus, +8 if I'm not mistaken.

Mario- Thanks for the creative and useful guide! I never used the skeletons for cover until I read this, and now I do every time :).

Isn't it better to use a bronze pickaxe? Unlike normal mining rocks, the kind of pick doesn't matter on the abyss rocks. And why risk losing a rune pick?

Luv-

-Zandalf

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Black vambs DO give a magic defence bonus, +8 if I'm not mistaken.

Oh yes sorry they do. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what came over me.

---

its called entangle not snare. :D

When I say ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâsnareÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ I am referring to all three non-ancient freeze spells.

---

same thing happened to me witht he god cape. and also u said to not bring arrows abyssal pking with u, ur talking about abyss runecrafting

A minor typo.

---

Mario- Thanks for the creative and useful guide! I never used the skeletons for cover until I read this, and now I do every time :).

Isn't it better to use a bronze pickaxe? Unlike normal mining rocks, the kind of pick doesn't matter on the abyss rocks. And why risk losing a rune pick?

Luv-

-Zandalf

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m glad you took my advise :mrgreen:

Oh rly? It doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t? IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have to check into this.

dangsig.png

Ooh, I feel special for being put in the credits for my wee comment ::'

In anycase I do have something new to add/really just a question

I've never looked over weight issues, but have you considered the extra weight? I only ended training my range to 70 because of the beloved dragonhide top that had become so useful to me. However, soon afterward I also got 70 defence. After that I've found with a simple setup of mind helm/mind shield / ghostly robes / light boots / soon spotty cape I receive an extremely low weighted defendable outfit. [And of course incorporating the very useful teletab/ecto and the not-as-supported Sharky]

I've simply assume having less weight will help you a lot over the long run, especially if you try to run all the time like me. Granted you have a higher runecrafting level (70 nice!), but do you know how badly weight affects your run speeds/overall loss of run speed/extra time per hour?

If you can find any information about how weight correlates to running I'll try and calculate it out.

And may I finally add...I love the layout of the thread ::'

Oh, and yes, I heard the pickaxe tip too recently and loved it. Silly nub kin had been using rune :P. I still use addy for the 10x lower price/possibly the information was incorrect.

Ooh, I feel special for being put in the credits for my wee comment ::'

In anycase I do have something new to add/really just a question

I've never looked over weight issues, but have you considered the extra weight? I only ended training my range to 70 because of the beloved dragonhide top that had become so useful to me. However, soon afterward I also got 70 defence. After that I've found with a simple setup of mind helm/mind shield / ghostly robes / light boots / soon spotty cape I receive an extremely low weighted defendable outfit. [And of course incorporating the very useful teletab/ecto and the not-as-supported Sharky]

I've simply assume having less weight will help you a lot over the long run, especially if you try to run all the time like me. Granted you have a higher runecrafting level (70 nice!), but do you know how badly weight affects your run speeds/overall loss of run speed/extra time per hour?

If you can find any information about how weight correlates to running I'll try and calculate it out.

And may I finally add...I love the layout of the thread ::'

Oh, and yes, I heard the pickaxe tip too recently and loved it. Silly nub kin had been using rune :P. I still use addy for the 10x lower price/possibly the information was incorrect.

Hehe yes you contributed :P

I'll have to do alot of work on the guide for that but I might add that soon. Very good suggestion, although I do have to argue with you when you bring ghostly robes instead of those useful d'hides that stop mages. Do they weight less? Maybe, but surely not that less.

Agility also effects how fast your energy replinishes. What is your agility level? Maybe this is effecting you energy level greatly instead of the decrease of weight.

Thank you, I try my best to make my guides user-friendly. :mrgreen:

dangsig.png

Great guide. just one small change to make.

Gloves and boots

I don't wear anyting. Boots and gloves are really quite useless with their meesly magic defense bonus. Although the boots of lightness can help alot in the longrun if you have completed the 'Temple of Ikov' quest.

You don't actually need to have completed the quest to get the boots, only started. I always wear them now, because of the -4 weight, and the fact that they're very easy to replace.

Sam10187.gif

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that know binary and those that have a social life

A very useful guide no doubt =D>

I personally use the house tablet method, i have the altar and the quest room near the entrance so i dont waste long time but i know that more ppl cannot make this.

You should remember to people that they have to turn the auto retaliate off, its very annoying when you have almost reached the zammy mage but you turn back because a mage/ranger is attacking you #-o

sir+porylot.png

Great guide. just one small change to make.

Gloves and boots

I don't wear anyting. Boots and gloves are really quite useless with their meesly magic defense bonus. Although the boots of lightness can help alot in the longrun if you have completed the 'Temple of Ikov' quest.

You don't actually need to have completed the quest to get the boots, only started. I always wear them now, because of the -4 weight, and the fact that they're very easy to replace.

Ah thank you for the correction, I will fix it shortly. You've also encouraged me to add some more information regarding the boots and hunting capes.

A very useful guide no doubt =D>

I personally use the house tablet method, i have the altar and the quest room near the entrance so i dont waste long time but i know that more ppl cannot make this.

You should remember to people that they have to turn the auto retaliate off, its very annoying when you have almost reached the zammy mage but you turn back because a mage/ranger is attacking you #-o

Ah good idea, I shall add that. :D

dangsig.png

wow nice guide =D> why not test out only run when in wildy and bring 1 less ess or if you are a lower rune crafter and only got 1 pouch bring 2 lobbies or if you got 2 pouchs bring 1 lobb. Just a though

In the long run those one less essences can add up. It is much better just to eat your food once you arrive at the bank. If you think you're really low on food, you should just teleport using your glory.

dangsig.png

about the pouches u can have a pouch greater than ur rc lvl

im 43 rc and i have a giant pouch

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)