The Abyss: A complete runecrafting guide (AoW Disccusion)

mario_sunny

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a suggesstion:

Bring a Sara brew and p pot no matter who you are! the main reason is teleblocks! If you do get teleblocked this is what you do:

1) Drink the prayer pot, then turn on protect from melee, since you can handle the dds specs if this happens

2) Drink the sara brew if life falls below half, snce its a total tank potion, boosting hp and def, while lowering other stats, but they arent important

3) Once the snare wears off, RUN TO THE MAGE WITH MAGE PROTECT ON!!! This slashes the amount of time snare last by half.

I do this and i never got pked, but i did have a few close calls...

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Great quide btw. Did u mention about PKers often standing on the zammy mage so that ppl can't see him?

I was dubious of this, too...until yesterday. I guy pulled this on me and a couple of other crafters and we ran around there for about 4-5 seconds looking for the mage. He didn't attack anyone, but that 4-5 second delay with the added confusion could have been the start of something deadly. I thought you might want to know.

This is a very useful guide. Thanks for posting it.

Great quide btw. Did u mention about PKers often standing on the zammy mage so that ppl can't see him?

I was dubious of this, too...until yesterday. I guy pulled this on me and a couple of other crafters and we ran around there for about 4-5 seconds looking for the mage. He didn't attack anyone, but that 4-5 second delay with the added confusion could have been the start of something deadly. I thought you might want to know.

This is a very useful guide. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks for metioning that, I'll try to fit that into one of the strategies.

I'm glad you found my guide useful. :mrgreen:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• 3 weeks later...

srry if this has been posted b4 but u could add a section on using house tele tablets. although it does take longer to load ur house it is a one click tele(if ur using tablets, so now u dont gotta bring that ectophial) the charged glory can take u strait to edgeville, not to mention u can have an altar in your house AND the servant can bring you food if u got attacked.

just thought id mention that.... oh and great guide =D>

p.s. for those who havent done the mountain daughter quest and/or dont want to have to go get another bearhead just use a mind helmet for +6 mage def

p.s.s. if ur really not afraid of dying u can wear penence gloves( negative 5kg)

newsignature1fs8.png

Great Guide, if only i rced 8-) . Incase you haven't noticed people have slowly started protecting world 99 from rc pkers...

untitled6kv7.gif

:shame: only interested about skirts? now you can see bottomless barrow brothers! :ohnoes:

srry if this has been posted b4 but u could add a section on using house tele tablets. although it does take longer to load ur house it is a one click tele(if ur using tablets, so now u dont gotta bring that ectophial) the charged glory can take u strait to edgeville, not to mention u can have an altar in your house AND the servant can bring you food if u got attacked.

just thought id mention that.... oh and great guide =D>

p.s. for those who havent done the mountain daughter quest and/or dont want to have to go get another bearhead just use a mind helmet for +6 mage def

p.s.s. if ur really not afraid of dying u can wear penence gloves( negative 5kg)

I did mention tele tablets, in the one-click teleport section of the guide.

I will put the mind helmet in, thanks for suggesting that.

Penence gloves... great suggestion I'll add that.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Two things of note:

1) I prefer the elven teleport crystal as my 1-click teleport. Teletabs and enchanted lyres have a too-slow action. When you teleport out with an ectophile, the last hit done before you actually teleport still does the damage, at the ectofuntus. If you teleport with 20 hp, then there is a high chance you will die anyway. Also, there are likely to be others at your teleport spot than at Lletya. Elven crystals are the easiest of the three (not including teletabs) to obtain (I have over 100).

2) I don't wear dragonhide or a shield or a bear helm while runecrafting. Why? Weight. In my experience, dragonhide doesn't do a whole lot towards stopping teleblocks from high level mages. Your outfit weights 20kg. My entire setup weighs -3kg.

Runecrafting is the fastest way to make money. Even while being PKed, you can still make hundreds of thousands per hour. That 23kg difference will really matter in your crafting speed.

As for the drop-saving method:

The pker will often stick around if you drop your glory and pick. They will freeze or entangle you before you have a chance to pick them up. This hurts for retrieving pouches. You cannot telegrab pouches. There is not really an easy way around it, but getting pouches back can take hours.

RSN: Jettrider

jettridergg2.png

hunter13371337expdx2.png

i just use a firend... or most often, a friend uses me.

Now i love pking as much as the next guy, so kicking rcer's [wagon] is easy as.... well kicking rcer's [wagon]

2 points to the above:

1) Obviously you and your friend must be close in lvls

2) Walk AHEAD!!! of your friend, very important, as stated in this guide all the path is one on one so if the rcer gets attcked there is nothing you can do but watch

• 1 month later...
I think this is a wonderful well thought out guild!

10/10/

Whies thank youse ::'

dangsig.png

Great Guide!!!!!!!!!!

Will use when i get higher runecrafting.

Good to see a future runecrafter posting, thanks :mrgreen:

dangsig.png