The Abyss: A complete runecrafting guide (AoW Disccusion)

mario_sunny

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and heres a tip to the guide if ur teleblocked and poisoned and got into abyss NOT enter nature altar instead go in a altar thats close to a bank where u can drink anti poison like fire altar or air altar

OR instead of going to an altar at all, just log out (takes off teleblock) then teleport straight to Edgeville Bank.

and heres a tip to the guide if ur teleblocked and poisoned and got into abyss NOT enter nature altar instead go in a altar thats close to a bank where u can drink anti poison like fire altar or air altar

OR instead of going to an altar at all, just log out (takes off teleblock) then teleport straight to Edgeville Bank.

Extremely good idea, I need to mention that.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I actually prefer the Ring of Life. If you end up at the Nat Altar with an uncharged Glory, use the new Lumbridge spell instead of waling to Shilo. This works as long as you don't forget to switch Glories more than once every half hour.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

I actually prefer the Ring of Life. If you end up at the Nat Altar with an uncharged Glory, use the new Lumbridge spell instead of waling to Shilo. This works as long as you don't forget to switch Glories more than once every half hour.

You really persuaded me on this one. I think I will use the ring of life now :) . Thanks for this tip, I'll add it.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Now that they added the new "operate" on the equip menu, you can now tele with a glory without taking it off. This is particularly good against anceinters, who hit slow enoguh for you to tele out. ::'

Nice guide.

funny12vqtv4.jpg

lhn%20kills.gif

Nice guide. Not only is abyss crafting faster but it also brings a challenge to rc. Breaks up the monotony I guess.

Two suggestions for your guide: Add pictures of the popular spells in action. Being able to identify a spell thats being cast on you by its animation would be a great benefit, and might give you those crucial seconds you need to survive an attack. And maybe show different outfits you can wear to better protect yourself. i.e. black dragon hide, the new elemental helm and shield etc. Other than those, very informative. :)

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

Now that they added the new "operate" on the equip menu, you can now tele with a glory without taking it off. This is particularly good against anceinters, who hit slow enoguh for you to tele out. ::'

Nice guide.

Not all the times, but if you time it right you may have the chance to tele out. As long as you bring a one click tele I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t see why you would use your glory which requires three clicks, unless of course you do not personally bring a one click tele.

Nice guide. Not only is abyss crafting faster but it also brings a challenge to rc. Breaks up the monotony I guess.

Two suggestions for your guide: Add pictures of the popular spells in action. Being able to identify a spell thats being cast on you by its animation would be a great benefit, and might give you those crucial seconds you need to survive an attack. And maybe show different outfits you can wear to better protect yourself. i.e. black dragon hide, the new elemental helm and shield etc. Other than those, very informative. :)

Good suggestions of the pictures. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m sure sometime I can go to castle wars and preform some of these spells. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve added a couple more, including the banner since it was updated into version 2.2.

I was actually thinking of adding the inventory and equipment, just as a sort of mini guide because it is not really a strategy. EDIT: Just updated it with the inventory and equipment. :D

Also: love your sig :mrgreen:

cool guide...

except i dont rc, its useful to kno how to avoid getting pked once i do

great guide

~Bladeswin

Maybe you should think about rcing, it is quite profitable. It isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t boring at all unlike regular rcing, the pkers make sure of that.

dangsig.png

Has anyone mentioned the use of house tabs...

If you have a glory in your house you can use it to tele...

Although slower it means less risk (wont lose glory), and you can also use near by prayer alter to charge prayer if you want, so you can pray if you get atted..

Instead of ecto one should always have home tablet in inv. When u die in ur house ull just get out of ur house without losing items. If high enough comb u can also recharge ur pray (revenge :) ) and tele with wall glory.

Great quide btw. Did u mention about PKers often standing on the zammy mage so that ppl can't see him?

loginmessagessiggy.png

Great guide,

I use most of the tricks you talked about, expect for a 1 click tele (Dont know why, but I just dont)

You might want to add that some mages with dds or melee pkers will sometimes kill the skeletons near the mage.

The reason for this is to stop you using the skeletons to your advantage.

Great guide keep up the good work.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You might want to add that some mages with dds or melee pkers will sometimes kill the skeletons near the mage.

I was going to mentiion this too. You might want to add that when you head towards the skeletons, if you see all red dots instead of yellow dots (or no dots at all if they picked up the bones) on the mini-map, watch out!

And you might want to add that you should always check your energy level before you enter the wilderness. It really stinks to get to level 3 Wilderness and run out of energy.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

Has anyone mentioned the use of house tabs...

If you have a glory in your house you can use it to tele...

Although slower it means less risk (wont lose glory), and you can also use near by prayer alter to charge prayer if you want, so you can pray if you get atted..

It cuts into rcing time, and it requires quite a high construction level to make. I prefer the old fashion way of just recharging your glories. AlthoughÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ it would help actually if you had less than 5 glories or none at all. You would of course have to buy the teletablets(or make your own). Now that I think about it, not a bad idea. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll think about adding it.

Instead of ecto one should always have home tablet in inv. When u die in ur house ull just get out of ur house without losing items. If high enough comb u can also recharge ur pray (revenge :) ) and tele with wall glory.

Great quide btw. Did u mention about PKers often standing on the zammy mage so that ppl can't see him?

Well same works for the ecto. If you die in the ectophial teleport area, you can easily re-teleport there when you die and pick up your stuff.

Like all other NPCÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the mage walks around, so it would be quite hard for a pker to stand still long enough to catch you by surprise.

Great guide,

I use most of the tricks you talked about, expect for a 1 click tele (Dont know why, but I just dont)

Great guide keep up the good work.

When they attack the skeletons, you actually have the same advantage if they didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t. For when they attack the skeletons, they canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t attack you. Although if they kill all the skeletons, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in trouble. But I have never personally had this happen to me.

When you talk about normal mages... The snare thing... Why not Entangle? :notalk:

When I say ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâsnareÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢, like many others, I am refering to all three ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâsnareÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢like spells. :P

I was going to mentiion this too. You might want to add that when you head towards the skeletons, if you see all red dots instead of yellow dots (or no dots at all if they picked up the bones) on the mini-map, watch out!

And you might want to add that you should always check your energy level before you enter the wilderness. It really stinks to get to level 3 Wilderness and run out of energy.

I like your dot strategy, I will think about adding that.

Ah, thank you. Forget to mention this important strategy of constantly checking your energy level.

dangsig.png

Very nice, but is it me or is getting killed very rare, made a few k nats and get pked loads of times, but never got killed. Just make sure you have that ectophical ready.

(some people think they actually won't fail snare while only equiping a dds *sigh*)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Great guide!!!!!

I wish I read this b4 i got rced pked yesterday and lost glory, and medium pouch......

I would suggest elf tele crystal.. it has 3 charges and is easier to recharge then ecto... the reason why I died was cuz I forgot elf crystal....

I'll have to disagree with you. The elf crystal has three charges max and costs money to recharge. You also must walk to the elves who enchant it, and even though they are not that far away from the elf city, sometimes you have to wait 5 minutes for them to return. Ectophial has unlimited teleports and is free. It is also right beside a bank, and the quests to use it are extremely easy. The elf crystal on the other hand requires that you complete a rather challenging long storyline of the plague, including Underground Pass.

And thank you for the compliment :D

just kill elfs tiil youahve a 100 crystals recharge all 150 gp only per cryst after 5 recgarges wha tis only 50 gp per tele to save your life and 100 crsytal times 100 tele is 300 teles which will be enough for like 100k nats :D

Great guide!!!!!

I wish I read this b4 i got rced pked yesterday and lost glory, and medium pouch......

I would suggest elf tele crystal.. it has 3 charges and is easier to recharge then ecto... the reason why I died was cuz I forgot elf crystal....

I'll have to disagree with you. The elf crystal has three charges max and costs money to recharge. You also must walk to the elves who enchant it, and even though they are not that far away from the elf city, sometimes you have to wait 5 minutes for them to return. Ectophial has unlimited teleports and is free. It is also right beside a bank, and the quests to use it are extremely easy. The elf crystal on the other hand requires that you complete a rather challenging long storyline of the plague, including Underground Pass.

And thank you for the compliment :D

just kill elfs tiil youahve a 100 crystals recharge all 150 gp only per cryst after 5 recgarges wha tis only 50 gp per tele to save your life and 100 crsytal times 100 tele is 300 teles which will be enough for like 100k nats :D

Oh dear lord? 100 crystals... that would drive anyone insane. I still prefer the ectophial as it contains unlimited free teleports.

dangsig.png

When you said you had to complete the "Temple of Ikov" quest for Boots of Lightness. Though this is true but all you need for the boots is a candle and a weapon (or knife). Enter the temple and continue to the bottom and cut the webbing and wallah! You might have known this but you didn't put it. I corrected as it may help.

Proud owner of Fire Cape since 83 Combat and only 72 range.

Great guild, most of these things i know\do already.

I made the decision to use dueling ring instead of ring of life... but i forgot about home port! :D Ring of life for me now! (Thanks!)

And as for what to use, I got some different opinions (after making some 20k+nats I only died once, because I forgot to refill ectophial)

Head

Coif, Great overall bonuses for its price. Some people say use mystic helm for its mage defense, but a coif happens to give better mage def.

Cape

I bring a legends cape as well, great over all def. You do need some melee defense as well. They're always is that odd person who doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s doing, and just tries to spec you with his dds. The extra melee def helps you from getting higher hits and dying in the abyss from poison or monsters.

Neck

Obviously, glory!

Weapon

bronze pick, its cheap. And it makes no difference what picks you use, bronze or rune its all the same speed (I tried them both, I do the same)

Body and legs

Black dhide

Shield

Sara book, same reasons as the helm and shield. +8 to all def stats is useful doing this.

Gloves

Barrow gloves, fairly cheap, GREAT bonuses!

boots

Why, boots of lightness of course! The -4 to weight does make you lose energy a little slower, and helps out in the long run

Ring

Ring of life now (thanks to this guild, actually made me click about the homeport)

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Why not dragonhide vambraces in gloves spot, in keeping with the mage defence theme.

One other possibility springs to mind...

Move along fighting a partner with "fun weapons", same effect as skeleton protection, though you'd need to trust your partner not to pull a real weapon on you - of course, the first one to strike will be skulled immediately, rather than on entry to the abyys.